What's your top 5? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your top 5?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My top 5:

1) Hanyu - he was THE star of NHK. I like his SP better than the long, but he was a knockout even with a few mistakes. Not sure if I like the new purple costume (it looks like they dyed the white one lavender) but that's a minor quibble.
2)Deniss and Stephane in the KnC after his FS - he's so adorable ("I love to skate!") and Stephane looked so proud.
3) Satoko's FS - UR issues aside, she's so lovely to watch - this is my favorite program of hers.
4) V/M's SD - so good. Is it a coincidence that my two favorite short programs are Prince programs?
5) Karen Chen's FS - deserved to be higher than 119. So nice to see her skate a relatively clean program and place top 6.

Honorable mentions: Mirai - much better than SC, I really want her to get her UR issues and spin levels resolved before Nationals and emote a bit more, we know she can do both. Tarah and Danny - finally had a clean FS, they were so happy. Nathan Chen grabbing the silver with his quad flip/triple toe combos. Happy to see Raf there with him in the KnC - wonder who will get custody during the Final (Marina will be there with the Shibs and Patrick and Raf will be there with Adam).

Fetinia

Rinkside
My top in no particular order:

1. Hawayek&Baker FD, absolutely mesmerizing
2. Ladies podium: 3 different styles, 3 amazing performances - Anna's power, Satoko's elegance , Maria's grace
3. Keiji Tanaka FD
4. Yusuru Hanyu everything
5. Kayne & O'Shea FP, I wish these guys be more consistent, they are a great team

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
1. Hanyu FS (and his sublime EX)
2. Chen SP (and his great EX)
3. H/B FD
4. P/J SP
5. tie Pogo SP & FS, and V/M SD.

Last edited:

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
1. Satoko Miyahara FS
2. Mirai Nagasu FS
3. Karen Chen FS
4. Deniss Vasiljevs FS
5. Yuzuru Hanyu SP (I don't know if I like his costume, but it has me cackling :))

Hard to narrow down since NHK was a pretty great event!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
1. Hawayek and Baker FD and SD
2. Elladj SP
3. Anna SP and FS
4. Deniss FS and K&C ("I did it!" :))
5. Karen FS

blackey

On the Ice
1) V/M FD (OMG I can't believe only so few people mentioned it. I was not a fan of it at SCI, but NHK was STUNNING)
2) V/M SD
3) Hanyu ex
4) P/J SP
5) Satoko LP

sweetwater

On the Ice
In no particular order:

Hawayek & Baker FD

Virtue & Moir SD

Satoko Miyahara FS

Karen Chen FS

Japanese boys doing their best in each of their own way
As a fan of these three gentlemen born in 94-95 season, I was very happy to be able to witness Yuzuru regaining his strength, Keiji finally rising to the occasion, Ryuju finishing his performance with big smile, and these old friends and rivals still being good friends and rivals.

I also loved Anna’s SP & FS and her happy face in kiss and cry. I loved Nathan for his spirits. Papadakis & Cizeron weren’t at their best, but I still love their style and their self portraits.