Random Confessions | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

LadyB

Record Breaker
I am like you in that I am quite serious. But, although I think old, I don't think of myself as being old. So, I am finding it hard to get my head around somebody still in their 20's thinking they are old.

YOU ARE YOUNG, GIRL!!! Enjoy it! ;)

Absolutely!!!:party:

Well...I am 28 today.

You may laugh at me, seeing my age, but after passing 20 I always thought that I am old already - I was always quite a serious person, with 'old soul' as they say, with that narrow, miserable attitude towards basically everything, especially my life. Believe or not, getting deeper into figure skating, finding that interest, following skaters, discipline changed me a bit regarding seeing myself through my age - it added more colour, more excitement, just more of something to look forward to. And it helped me to get more open to other people, having more positive outlook on life, not being constantly afraid.
:

NoNameFace, age is, and always will be, only a number! I am 54 and my partner passed away nearly four years ago. That's enough to make you feel old sometimes.

However, if you stay young at heart, you'll never be really old. Being very serious about things and not making a joke out of everything is not a sign of being old, but being mature when it matters. That's different and a good thing.
When I went to Europeans, I was mainly surrounded by young people in their 20s and it didn't feel weird one bit. I met a 17-year old girl I chat to a lot on social media and we both felt that we connected in a way that made us both feel we knew each other for a long time. Amazing!
Every now and again I go for a long weekend with my mates of my age. We still get told off by other hotel guests for being too loud, or smoke secretly out of the bathroom window. My 50th birthday was just as much fun as my 18th, 25th, 30th or 40th were. It'll never stop if you won't let it.
I can still party all night and I'm surely the loudest screaming fs supporter in the arena with a mega crush on my fave skater, who is half my age. He knows about it and gave me a special note. That is enough to make me happy and feel young again. Some of my friends had their kids in their 40s. They are healthy, happy and great to have around.

Never let it die, it's all for the taking. Forever. Onwards and upwards! :love: :rock:
Throw yourself into Worlds and have the most amazing time!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're in the east somewhere aren't you, iluvtodd? I know it's been pretty rough there!

Well yes. We had 2 Nor'easters within a week, and plenty of snow last week, but living in Philadelphia, PA, we don't have anywhere near the brutal winter weather of cities in New England or along the Great Lakes (with all that lake effect snow).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Absolutely!!!:party:

NoNameFace, age is, and always will be, only a number! I am 54 and my partner passed away nearly four years ago. That's enough to make you feel old sometimes.

However, if you stay young at heart, you'll never be really old. Being very serious about things and not making a joke out of everything is not a sign of being old, but being mature when it matters. That's different and a good thing.
When I went to Europeans, I was mainly surrounded by young people in their 20s and it didn't feel weird one bit. I met a 17-year old girl I chat to a lot on social media and we both felt that we connected in a way that made us both feel we knew each other for a long time. Amazing!
Every now and again I go for a long weekend with my mates of my age. We still get told off by other hotel guests for being too loud, or smoke secretly out of the bathroom window. My 50th birthday was just as much fun as my 18th, 25th, 30th or 40th were. It'll never stop if you won't let it.
I can still party all night and I'm surely the loudest screaming fs supporter in the arena with a mega crush on my fave skater, who is half my age. He knows about it and gave me a special note. That is enough to make me happy and feel young again. Some of my friends had their kids in their 40s. They are healthy, happy and great to have around.

Never let it die, it's all for the taking. Forever. Onwards and upwards! :love: :rock:
Throw yourself into Worlds and have the most amazing time!

First of all, thank You all for b'day wishes - iluvtodd, LadyB, Mrs. P, Arriba627, Ic3Rabbit, ancientpeas, Muusique!!!:ghug: I had a goofy smile reading them while in bus getting back from work and later:)

LadyB - thanks a lot for those words, really. I know that age is only a number and it all depends on the attitude. And as I said - lately, also due to this drive regarding FS I have, I find myself feeling a lot better with myself, a lot more energized, determined, enthusiastic and 'hungry' for what life has next for me. I finally allowed myself to have dreams and getting there to make them happen, focus myself on something that is not trouble, struggle experienced by others, taking it all onto myself. It's hard sometimes, but I'm getting there:)

And I really plan to enjoy every moment in Milan, praying that I won't faint seeing Andrew Poje closely eventually:laugh::drama:. My flags for cheering (and eventual autographs) should arrive today, it's getting real!:)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
We had 24 inches of snow yesterday.... count 'em... 24!!!!!!!!
I shoveled a path in the middle of the storm so the dogs could go outside, took my old beagle out and the drift was over his head! He turned and looked at me like.. "mom, can't you do any better than this?" I grumbled at him..knew,you wouldn't appreciate it... The Chihuahua, on the other hand, took a giant leap into the drifts and disappeared completely, fought to the surface and dove again. Crazy!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
We had 24 inches of snow yesterday.... count 'em... 24!!!!!!!!
I shoveled a path in the middle of the storm so the dogs could go outside, took my old beagle out and the drift was over his head! He turned and looked at me like.. "mom, can't you do any better than this?" I grumbled at him..knew,you wouldn't appreciate it... The Chihuahua, on the other hand, took a giant leap into the drifts and disappeared completely, fought to the surface and dove again. Crazy!!

Small dogs plus high snow is the best combo ever! We have Maltese/York mix and she loves high snow, jumping inside, getting out, shake out the snow and go again!:laugh: She also loves diving her nose in the snow:)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Eli (the GSD in my avatar) loved snow. He would bound around in it. He was a big boy though. little dogs in snow are adorable as long as they don't get overwhelmed. My best friend had to rescue two from a snow bank after a snow plow came by and buried them.

BTW.. the snow started here in early December and yesterday we got 5 inches and today we are getting another 5 inches. I'm so ready for winter to be over.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Eli (the GSD in my avatar) loved snow. He would bound around in it. He was a big boy though. little dogs in snow are adorable as long as they don't get overwhelmed. My best friend had to rescue two from a snow bank after a snow plow came by and buried them.

BTW.. the snow started here in early December and yesterday we got 5 inches and today we are getting another 5 inches. I'm so ready for winter to be over.

You live in Canada.... now I'm embarrassed to stress over snow because I know you guys get 3-4 times what we get here! Poppi is a Chihuahua mix so a bit bigger actually, longer legs, pointed snout, upright ears, red fur (looks kind of like a tiny fox actually. :slink:) but still small, and is wired.. loves the snow. I have aways wanted a bigger dog but it never worked out that way. I have a friend who is a Shepard lover and has shared many moments of her time with them. They are so intelligent. Don't even get me started on snow plows..I once yelled after one in the street, "Strelnikov !!!!"

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Small dogs plus high snow is the best combo ever! We have Maltese/York mix and she loves high snow, jumping inside, getting out, shake out the snow and go again!:laugh: She also loves diving her nose in the snow:)

This made me laugh.... so familiar!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
You live in Canada.... now I'm embarrassed to stress over snow because I know you guys get 3-4 times what we get here! Poppi is a Chihuahua mix so a bit bigger actually, longer legs, pointed snout, upright ears, red fur (looks kind of like a tiny fox actually. :slink:) but still small, and is wired.. loves the snow. I have aways wanted a bigger dog but it never worked out that way. I have a friend who is a Shepard lover and has shared many moments of her time with them. They are so intelligent. Don't even get me started on snow plows..I once yelled after one in the street, "Strelnikov !!!!"

Oh my.. we might be the same person. I had the yard stick out while we were shoveling last year because I was checking on a tree and we had just cleared out the bottom (we are on a main street and we have a sidewalk so we get the street plow and the sidewalk plow so our banks at the bottom can be up way over your knees) after a 20 cm snow fall and the street plow came by and sheered the bank and basically put everything back that we had moved. I smashed the yard stick into the bank I was near and called him a nasty name (he couldn't hear me, he was long gone). My roomie then told this story to all our friends because I rarely lose my temper. (I'm often compared to the t-rex in Toy Story). We have had 25 cm so far this week and today we are getting another 10. So what is that.. a foot and 2 inches? I had some weird hope that we might be able to get working on the garden in April. That now seems unlikely.

I loved him to pieces. GSD's are special. Having had 2 and half (we had a rescued Australian-shepherd mixed GSD) GSD's they really are different. They are really smart for one thing. And incredibly loyal. Eli was from east german border dog stock. He wasn't a show dog at all. Once he bonded with you all bets were off. He literally would die to defend you. I never doubted he would. He didn't like strangers in the house either. He is probably the animal I have been closest to out of all the cats, dogs, lizards, rabbits, rats and guinea pigs we have had. The only thing close was Pinielli our Goffin Cockatoo. Large birds are an intense commitment of time and energy.

Your dogs sounds adorable. We love foxes. Little dogs are often more energetic than large dogs. A lot of people don't understand that.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh my.. we might be the same person. I had the yard stick out while we were shoveling last year because I was checking on a tree and we had just cleared out the bottom (we are on a main street and we have a sidewalk so we get the street plow and the sidewalk plow so our banks at the bottom can be up way over your knees) after a 20 cm snow fall and the street plow came by and sheered the bank and basically put everything back that we had moved. I smashed the yard stick into the bank I was near and called him a nasty name (he couldn't hear me, he was long gone). My roomie then told this story to all our friends because I rarely lose my temper. (I'm often compared to the t-rex in Toy Story). We have had 25 cm so far this week and today we are getting another 10. So what is that.. a foot and 2 inches? I had some weird hope that we might be able to get working on the garden in April. That now seems unlikely.

I loved him to pieces. GSD's are special. Having had 2 and half (we had a rescued Australian-shepherd mixed GSD) GSD's they really are different. They are really smart for one thing. And incredibly loyal. Eli was from east german border dog stock. He wasn't a show dog at all. Once he bonded with you all bets were off. He literally would die to defend you. I never doubted he would. He didn't like strangers in the house either. He is probably the animal I have been closest to out of all the cats, dogs, lizards, rabbits, rats and guinea pigs we have had. The only thing close was Pinielli our Goffin Cockatoo. Large birds are an intense commitment of time and energy.

Your dogs sounds adorable. We love foxes. Little dogs are often more energetic than large dogs. A lot of people don't understand that.

We definitely share traits in common.. especially our love of "critters" as my sister says.
Yup... the city plow was the bane of my existence back in the day before I returned to a less populated area and commuted to the city for work so I fully remember days of back breaking toil clearing up after them.. both street and sidewalk plows.
Your Shepard has a sweet face... the love and care you gave him is reflected there. One of my favorite poems is "To Flush, my Dog", a tribute written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. She had fragile health and tells how the dog preferred to spend hours with her in the sick room by her side rather than outdoors in the sunshine. She wrote, on his passing "... knowing that, when light has gone, love remains for shining." If you win their trust, they are loyal without compromise.
My beagle Charli invented droll... he just sort of hunkers along doing any thing you ask but comes to life at dinnertime and when strangers are around. He is old now.. ears, snout have turned white, but a joy in my life and makes me laugh constantly. I have a theory that dogs have "cute" phases throughout their lives, puppyhood being the first. But old age is the best yet.. I grab and hug him all the time when he gives me a look, is stubborn, or just plain being himself.. he, of course, accepts hugs as gracefully as everything else.
Sister has a Parrot that does not like me or likes me too much and always bites me, once on the toe, very painful, but I have made the effort and things are better now. He is very attached to her. She taught him to say "meow".

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just Rickrolled Toddler P by singing the chorus of "Never Going to Give You Up" after "Momma Called the Doctor and the Doctor Said" part of Five Little Monkeys. :laugh:

Who knew that the mom of those monkeys was in love with Rick Astley, LOL.

OniBan

Final Flight
I hid a pack of Honey Butter Chips from Korea just for myself. My family can have all the other goodies but honey butter chips omg no one else can have them. Mine all mine!!

(For the curious honey butter chips are basically buttery potato chips with a tinge of honey on them and are the best thing since sliced bread)

Anyone had any snacks or food that they absolutely will not feel guilty not sharing with anyone? XD

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Congratulations Norway! Once again winning the Iditarod Championship. Joar Leifseth Ulsom and his team of dogs ran under the burled arch at 3am AKST today! :love: Congrats Joar!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I hid a pack of Honey Butter Chips from Korea just for myself. My family can have all the other goodies but honey butter chips omg no one else can have them. Mine all mine!!

(For the curious honey butter chips are basically buttery potato chips with a tinge of honey on them and are the best thing since sliced bread)

Anyone had any snacks or food that they absolutely will not feel guilty not sharing with anyone? XD
So many lol! Japanese Bear Biscuits: Either chocolate filled Lotte Panda’s March or
Meiji Hello Panda in the Matcha flavor! Puccho chewies. Cheesecake or Sake flavored Kit Kats.

I also love British treats. :p

OniBan

Final Flight
So many lol! Japanese Bear Biscuits: Either chocolate filled Lotte Panda’s March or
Meiji Hello Panda in the Matcha flavor! Puccho chewies. Cheesecake or Sake flavored Kit Kats.

I also love British treats. :p

Hahah I see we have some similar faves! In cream-filled bear biscuits and sake flavoured kit-kats :3
(Have yet to try any British treats but will get myself educated in that field XD)

I also love those sweet potato kit-kat that you can bake in the oven to get a brown burnished top and melty sweet-potato flavoured white chocolate

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

I tend to be 'proprietary' about some of self-baked/made treats - lately, I made those hyper-chocolate/cacao muffins with cherries, tasted one and thought 'heck, I'm not sharing!':laugh:. Same with hummus paste with garlic and parsley:)

from other ones, I'm usually a selfish treater for fancy veggie chips, coconut Lindt pralines, coconut paste I recently bought (and shamelessly eat straight from the jar!), almond butter, pistachios or pistachio butter, peanut butter with Himalaya salt...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy belated birthday, NoNameFace! You are younger than me! :laugh:

I must drink ALL OF THE WATER. I'm giving blood on the weekend.