Got a swim meet today | Golden Skate

Got a swim meet today

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
and what am I doing but watching Junior Men from Istanbul.
I have two assignments and a meetup tomorrow, and I am doing the same as well as trying to find Lombardia videos and pictures of Minkyu's and Minsol's costumes and posting screeds on forums.
procr.jpg

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I know you have been waiting with bated breath. So here we go. I got there with 10 minutes to spare. They actually had my tshirt, in the correct size, and it was blue and not something horrible like orange. I have a bunch of these in a box waiting to gather enough to make a quilt. The orange ones go straight in there but I will probably wear this one for awhile. Apparently they told me, but I did not hear, that we were to pick up our timing cards upstairs? Which I've never done before. Anyway being a person who loves living on the edge, I brought a new swimsuit to the swim meet. Very not recommended, but it worked. So then I get in the water with 5 minutes to spare, and I'm like "where's my card?" "It's upstairs". So I was in water, in a bathing suit, so someone else ran up there and got the card. When it came time for my favorite stroke, the fly, I got a terrible cramp. I stopped in the middle of the pool to try to rub it out, then I spent the rest of that 100 kicking with one foot. I won the gold in that by the way. Only 3 people swam in it, they were all women, and I was the only one in my age group. I swam in 9 events, 50 back fly breast free, 100 back fly breast free, and 100 IM. Someone brought me a bottle of water from upstairs and that helped with the cramps. Then I finished, got out of the water, got in the shower, and dropped the handheld shower thing on my TOE. I SCREAMED "God Bless America" (fortunately remembering I was among the elderly and no foul language is allowed at Silver Games. They fed us after these things so I went upstairs and got a sandwich and a few cookies and I'm in the cooler looking for a drink when the lid of the cooler drops on my head and I spill my food. And there you have a swim meet with Moonvine.

Then we got medals. I won one gold, two silver, 6 bronze. I took a picture and then put them in the recycle bin - I have so many I have nowhere to put them. I was invited for drinks but thought it would be a very bad idea to press my luck.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When it came time for my favorite stroke, the fly, I got a terrible cramp. I stopped in the middle of the pool to try to rub it out, then I spent the rest of that 100 kicking with one foot. I won the gold in that by the way. Only 3 people swam in it, they were all women, and I was the only one in my age group.
Fly is like that. My daughter did a 25 yd fly when she was about 8-9 years old, but I don't think she won. Only event at the meet that was over in one heat. Very few 10 and unders can make it from one end of the pool to the other doing something that looks like fly.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fly is like that. My daughter did a 25 yd fly when she was about 8-9 years old, but I don't think she won. Only event at the meet that was over in one heat. Very few 10 and unders can make it from one end of the pool to the other doing something that looks like fly.
It's my favorite stroke. And fastest, when I've not got a cramp and swimming with one leg.