2017 Russian Cup Final - Senior Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Cup Final - Senior Ladies SP

Meoima

Match Penalty
to be fair, Gubanova had some underrotations in FS at juniors nats. Her nemesis has always been junior nationals, If I were to choose on who is less inconsistent, I'd choose Gubanova over Konstatinova. consistency must be basis of selection any fluke medalist must not be entered in junior worlds. That skate was an embarssment for russian lady standards.
Gubanova should be sent to JWC. Konstantinova is too inconsistent and she might bomb at JWC badly.

Meoima

Match Penalty
for the first time, there might be a russian junior lady not making the Freeskating qualifications. :noshake:
I mean, if Konstatinova just messed up so so it's ok. Russian fed still has Zagitova and Polina who are both quite reliable to medal.
The issue is Konstatinova has the potential to mess up very very badly to the point she might not make it to the free skate. Gubanova might be inconsistent but she still never bombed that badly.

starla16

Medalist
I mean, if Konstatinova just messed up so so it's ok. Russian fed still has Zagitova and Polina who are both quite reliable to medal.
The issue is Konstatinova has the potential to mess up very very badly to the point she might not make it to the free skate. Gubanova might be inconsistent but she still never bombed that badly.

Gubanova's only issue is her very bad Lutz technique - pitch forward and lean jump on it *fix *fix it ! yet she is still a better choice than Konstantinova, even Pogorilaya was not this inconsistent in her career.

RadioFan

Match Penalty

So I figured out what this whole board is about:
Who is the smartest troll.

Stasya is sick!

Before further Stasy-bashing incoming, make your researches!

Well known pedo-reporter:
https://8ch.pl/fk/src/1487271469274.jpg

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Yes, according to people on site, Stasya has a bad cough. Considering that she started coughing as far back as a week before Junior Nationals, I think there is something seriously wrong with her :(

RadioFan

Match Penalty
right** and Im the queen of consistency.

The first name Konstantin is a derivation from the Latin name Constantinus (Constantine) in some European languages, such as Russian and German. As a Christian given name, it refers to the memory of the Roman emperor Constantine the Great. A number of notable persons in the Byzantine Empire, and (via mediation by the Christian Orthodox Church) in Russian history and earlier East Slavic history are often referred to by this name.

Konstantin means firm, constant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin

Where is your God now?

madison

Record Breaker
To be honest, neither Konstantinova, nor Sostkova didn't deserve their second places... but Russian Fed has its strategy, not necessarily constructive.
If it would have been only merit based, I think Panenkova deserved to go to Worlds. With all her strange choreo, she is very consistent and better than Konstantinova.
But it seems that Konstantinova is pushed because she's eligible for Oly and probably will turn to seniors next year, and the others, Panenkova, Gubanova, still have time:disapp:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Get off Stasya's back, seriously, she looked too sick to skate already during the warm-up according to numerous witnesses. A different issue is why she hadn't been withdrawn from a competition that's not that important for her. Maybe they'll withdraw her now, I don't see how she would be fit to skate a FS by tomorrow; and I don't care how much more bashing that would cause, her health is more important.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Get off Stasya's back, seriously, she looked too sick to skate already during the warm-up according to numerous witnesses. A different issue is why she hadn't been withdrawn from a competition that's not that important for her. Maybe they'll withdraw her now, I don't see how she would be fit to skate a FS by tomorrow; and I don't care how much more bashing that would cause, her health is more important.

May be they are probing if she can hold the pressure and deliver while sick. I know it's cruel but it is not unheard of. There were multiple cases of skaters performing and even winning with high fever. This competition does not matter then it might be sort of testing of fighting skills (I personally do not approve that).