2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's SP

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Never count Anna out! Every movement is exquisite, and she knows the meaning behind every movement. Including those quad jumps.

I concur with someone who said earlier, I reckon Sasha Trusova should stop leaving her 3A on the warm-up ice. Looking forward to Cruella.

Kamila was exquisite today. Just marvelous, every superlative you can think of. I wish the FS showed all of her talents in expression and performance as well as the SP does.
Obviously NCAO.

Anna will give it 300% tomorrow. She will leave body parts on the ice if need be. I have no doubt about that.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
For those who still dream that Khromykh has options to go to the Olympics, remember how qualifying is done:

The champion of the nationals has the direct qualifying pass (Valieva), the 2nd usually also has his classification assured if he maintains his good regularity of the season (Shcherbakova)

Instead, they always have to fight for 3rd place in a 2nd and even 3rd event... in those events the classification is even more subjective and the podium will always be decided based on what is best for the Federation.

Taking this into consideration, if Sasha is minimally stable, with a conservative skating of 3 quads, she is already in the Olympics alongside Valieva and Shcherbakova. Trusova today failed in an element that he does not need (3A) to be on the podium of the Olympics, instead Tuktamysheva and Khromykh failed in basic things and very necessary for them ... regularity and consistency is what the federation considers most for choose your third place.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those who still dream that Khromykh has options to go to the Olympics, remember how qualifying is done:

The champion of the nationals has the direct qualifying pass (Valieva), the 2nd usually also has his classification assured if he maintains his good regularity of the season (Shcherbakova)

Instead, they always have to fight for 3rd place in a 2nd and even 3rd event... in those events the classification is even more subjective and the podium will always be decided based on what is best for the Federation.

Taking this into consideration, if Sasha is minimally stable, with a conservative skating of 3 quads, she is already in the Olympics alongside Valieva and Shcherbakova. Trusova today failed in an element that he does not need (3A) to be on the podium of the Olympics, instead Tuktamysheva and Khromykh failed in basic things and very necessary for them ... regularity and consistency is what the federation considers most for choose your third place.
I was just coming in to type that if Trusova is clean tomorrow, she is going.

Neither Maiia nor Liza took advantage of the door being opened today. And if Trusova is mostly clean, she will still finish above both of them.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
While I am not a fan of Sofia M. and am a die hard fan of Anna I do not like this. I thik Anna should eb the second but for different reasons.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was just coming in to type that if Trusova is clean tomorrow, she is going.

Neither Maiia nor Liza took advantage of the door being opened today. And if Trusova is mostly clean, she will still finish above both of them.
She doesn't even have to be clean. She has scored over 150 with falls, hasn't she?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"There was a malfunction in the system. The referee pointed out the delay in the start of Sofia Muravyeva, but it was not displayed in the computer. This is called an "input error", in such cases, changes in the protocols are possible" - RusFed give explanation
Why did it take until after the original protocol was published to correct the error?

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I will not get over the incredulous score fixing that lets Kamila’s just absolutely ugly change edge combo get +4/+5 GOE almost all across the board, or her I-spin which is obviously traveling in the overhead shot get a +5 GOE from all but two judges, who gave it a +4. The cameraman even took the angle off because of how obvious it was. It’s just insane judging that is such a disservice to Anna and Sofia M. and to Adelia who has such incredible spins also. And then to call it out is met with “lol y u hate 15 yo” like there just isn’t obscene and blatant scoring inconsistencies that favor her. Over it. Over skating.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
"There was a malfunction in the system. The referee pointed out the delay in the start of Sofia Muravyeva, but it was not displayed in the computer. This is called an "input error", in such cases, changes in the protocols are possible" - RusFed give explanation

James\Radford lost a whole spin at IDF due to a system malfunction,
And the panel couldn't fix the score after the event despite admitting to it :palmf:
I guess because this is a Nationals they can be more flexible
If someone powerful enough is going after it

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
I am devastated to see Liza's skate today. I am huge fan of her and support her to go olympics. However, with this skate she has no chance to grab the third ticket. Her advantage is that clean triple axel in SP to increase the gap between rivals. She even grabbed the silver medal at worlds with that advantage. However, the cannot beat Sasha unless she bombed in the FS. I am so sorry for her.