Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 68 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

s9580

Rinkside
I though he's not going to skate R&J-1 again and accepted it, but at this moment I'm so touched by his EX R&J-1 today. It seems like a mark to end a stage for his growing process for last 4 years, it's echoing to R&J-2, his winning FS program and it's also kicking start of a brand new page for the coming 4 years. I think he's sophisticated to have this idea, giving himself and the fans an unforgettable memory.

I think this is his last time to be Romeo really.;)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
He looked so tired :no: He didn't have enough energy for PW. He really needs a break, he deserves it so much.

makaihime

Final Flight
What a tribute to his amazing 4 year journey...it was full of ups and down in both his personal life and his career....:cry: So full of emotions right now, but I hope Yuzuru continues to find passion in his skating and keeps challenging himself :clap: And here's hoping that he remains healthy and happy :rock:

I think he's just tired and worn out by the last few months, especially the last month...All that's gotta take a heavy emotional and physical toll on a person. He needs to rest and just enjoy the ending of his best season ever! :points: And to another 4 we go!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
What a tribute to his amazing 4 year journey...it was full of ups and down in both his personal life and his career....:cry: So full of emotions right now, but I hope Yuzuru continues to find passion in his skating and keeps challenging himself :clap: And here's hoping that he remains healthy and happy :rock:

I think he's just tired and worn out by the last few months, especially the last month...All that's gotta take a heavy emotional and physical toll on a person. He needs to rest and just enjoy the ending of his best season ever! :points: And to another 4 we go!

Well said. :) Now is time for rest and reflection.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Was definitely a special exhibition.
Indeed.

And watching that exhibition, I saw a real improvement in his abilities vs 2 years ago. I thought his movements were stronger, sharper, and more defined - and (as usual) timed to fall right on the beat of the music, for the most dramatic effect.

He even did the scream that he did during Worlds 2012 during the climax of the second half of the R&J 1 program. It's weird seeing the routine now that he's a bit taller and more mature but passionate nonetheless :)
Well, I think "the scream" was always part of the choreography... although in Nice 2012 it wasn't just choreo - it was for real!

I have this sort of love-hate relationship with Yulia but after seeing her spin with Yuzu, I couldn't help but squeal. So cute! (I don't ship real people together, it's just nice to actually see her smile when she's spinning with Yuzu haha)
Haha. I'm a bit of a fan of Julia, I love her attitude, ambition, determination and strong personality... and the way she is rapidly developing into a "complete" skater - athlete and artist. And yet she can be so cute and charming, and child-like. In many ways, she reminds me of Yuzuru.

I heard she's a big fan of Yuzuru - which might explain her big smile when she danced with Hanyu here - and the HUGE smiles when she danced with him at the Olympics gala...!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Indeed.

I heard she's a big fan of Yuzuru - which might explain her big smile when she danced with Hanyu here - and the HUGE smiles when she danced with him at the Olympics gala...!

In the upcoming quad, I look forward to seeing more scenes of Julia dancing with Romeo, I mean Yuzuru, in gala performances. It will be a treat for us skating fans watching both of them grow both on and off the ice.

s9580

Rinkside
Indeed.

Julia looked so happy and amused when she danced with Yuzu at the Olmpics Gala, that made me smile. Both of them are cute! :laugh:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
That was a really lovely performance. No Worlds'12, but that was to be expected. Still, it was beautiful to watch.

And it was so good to see that costume again, little Romeo really has grown into it in every way :yes:

But the poor kid looked beyond exhausted, I really hope he can take some time off
(would be a shame to lose those superpowers just because the batteries died)

I took the liberty of taking someone else's quote from the Gala thread 'cause I think it really sums up the whole thing nicely:
Yuzuru said "Owatta"at the end of R&J.
It means 'it's over" .
Yes. it was a long and amazing season.

foruiz

Final Flight
Owatta indeed! He breathed that sigh of relief to end this crazy, tiring, yet wonderful season. What a great journey!

We shall see more of you, Yuzu. Take that rest and we shall see you up and about in a few months. Off season is such a bore but there is YouTube after all to keep me happy.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Nanami!!! I miss you so much :) What is she doing now? Has she some new young talented skaters again?

I'm not sure, but she may be the producer of the gala.
(Just my guess though)

Actually, she produced the gala of GPF 2013 at Fukuoka.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Great for Nanami! She deserves all the recognition she gets and more.

I think she also choreographed that opening number with Yuzuru and Mao as in the video it seemed that Mao was asking guidance from Nanami before she (Mao) and Yuzuru took to the ice.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Nice picture, thanks for posting. Noticed Nam has nearly reached Yuzuru in height. Brian for his part looks justly proud of his charges.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hello, is there any news that the kid will pull out of all the insane ice shows that he has been supposed to performed this summer? He is injured and I think he should stop pushing his body that way. :cry: the ice shows do not worth it. He need to rest for the next season.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hello, is there any news that the kid will pull out of all the insane ice shows that he has been supposed to performed this summer? He is injured and I think he should stop pushing his body that way. :cry: the ice shows do not worth it. He need to rest for the next season.

Easy, for sure they(Orser team) will not let him do anything that would affect his health ! ;)