Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I decided to use my break to do something really meaningful
...and so I started binge-watching silly little youtube videos
(I need help, people.)

can't.stop.laughing. ....and the sound effects really don't help me at all

I love this one from the medal ceremony so much
"ok, so, I got it under control now, I'll be totally serious now, really, I mean it.......... yeah, maybe later" :laugh:

The comment below says that there's a tickle-monster among them
priceless :biggrin:

ouch, now this is rather not so elegant.
at least he didn't hurt himself.
poor kid, literally ever single fall he has gets caught on camera these days

Oh my, someone needs a hug

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I decided to use my break to do something really meaningful
...and so I started binge-watching silly little youtube videos
(I need help, people.)

can't.stop.laughing. ....and the sound effects really don't help me at all

I love this one from the medal ceremony so much
"ok, so, I got it under control now, I'll be totally serious now, really, I mean it.......... yeah, maybe later" :laugh:

The comment below says that there's a tickle-monster among them
priceless :biggrin:

ouch, now this is rather not so elegant.
at least he didn't hurt himself.
poor kid, literally ever single fall he has gets caught on camera these days

Oh my, someone needs a hug

Thanks for posting this!

I shouldn't have watched the last link:laugh: Poor kid.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I can't help it, those things always make me think of honey bees :biggrin: kinda makes the whole killbillthingy less dramatic

giulia95

Medalist

the POOR KID's tears were caused by this 2013 World SP :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFisfhHiYPU

Still so much painful to watch for me, Yuzu would have needed much more then a hug or a wiping tears choreographer. :rolleye:

He looked severly underweight, just like a zombie , litterally asphaltated by the new training policy ( let me borrow the methaphor from my native language).

Below you can see the FS , where he delivered an umbelievable performance which ended with the scream at 8:02 then he collapsed on the ice, but the 3 Olys spots were guaranteed for Japan fortunately. Poor Kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09B87ljKaeA

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
the POOR KID's tears were caused by this 2013 World SP :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFisfhHiYPU

Still so much painful to watch for me, Yuzu would have needed much more then a hug or a wiping tears choreographer. :rolleye:

He looked severly underweight, just like a zombie , litterally asphaltated by the new training policy ( let me borrow the methaphor from my native language).

Below you can see the FS , where he delivered an umbelievable performance which ended with the scream at 8:02 then he collapsed on the ice, but the 3 Olys spots were guaranteed fortunately. Poor Kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09B87ljKaeA

He is such a fighter. His FS from the worlds 2012/13/14 are just..wow. He never gave up. Last year I really wanted him to get the bronze medal, but now I think that 4th place was the sweetest 4th place ever. Injured, exhausted and with a very difficult program, he still had the 3rd FS of the night (it should have been the 2nd, because we all remember Patrick's FS, right?). Not a big fan of Notre dame program (+costume), but I always appreciated that performance. The first fall from the SP it's still painful to watch (I think now it's the first time when I watch it again after that WC). I'm glad that he kept PW for one more year.

Simon's comments about Yuzu's potential :agree:

giulia95

Medalist
Last year I really wanted him to get the bronze medal, but now I think that 4th place was the sweetest 4th place ever. Injured, exhausted and with a very difficult program, he still had the 3rd FS of the night (it should have been the 2nd, because we all remember Patrick's FS, right?). :

I don’t think it was the sweetest 4th place ever unfortunately, and I'm afraid Yuzu would agree with me ... I think he wasted his first world gold medal , as I wrote last year. He had the first FS TES for the second year in a row at Worlds. In that physical condition he did a miracle for Japan but he also risked his whole carer.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I don’t think it was the sweetest 4th place ever unfortunately, and I'm afraid Yuzu would agree with me ... I think he wasted his first world gold medal , as I wrote last year. He had the first FS TES for the second year in a row at Worlds. In that physical condition he did a miracle for Japan but he also risked his whole carer.

Considering his physical condition, his problems from last season, the way he looked after each FS, 4th place was maximum he could get and I think he was happy with it. I don't think he wasted the gold medal, Denis Ten was fantastic and Patrick was fantastically overscored.

giulia95

Medalist
If he was in healthy condition he would have won the gold medal in London , no doubt about it . :)

Doesn’t it sound strange that the same zombie kid one season later, after he stopped being a zombie , won everything and made history?

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
His physical condition improved a lot this season, but I also believe he became mentally strong . At the GPF, after the fall at the 4S, he was perfect, no hesitation. At the worlds, at the FS, he knew that any mistake would cost him the world title and he managed the pressure so well. Although calling him 'kid', this season he became a mature skater. He looks like a champion (of course he is a champion, but there were examples of world champions who didn't have that "wow, look at the champion/king" effect).