Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics

OneFlutzAway

Rinkside
Men:
Javi and Shoma make the podium. Don't mind who else, and in what order (though probably Yuzuru or Boyang are my next picks)

Ladies:
Mai Mihara and Wakaba Higuchi win medals. Yulia Lipnitskaya makes it to the Games and skates two brilliant programs, not necessarily for a medal, but for her own satisfaction (I wish:cry:). Dabin Choi skates two brilliant programs at her home games in honour of her mother.

Pairs:
Sui/Han win gold, and James/Cipres win a medal.

Dance: Coomes/Buckland have the skate of their life for bronze (they deserve some luck). Virtue/Moir and Papadakis/Cizeron have an epic showdown for gold.

Kara

Final Flight
No splatfest and the judges are fair and the winners are clear so we don't get scandals and arguments dominating the conversation after the Games instead of reminiscing about the performances. The representatives for Russian and Japanese ladies are also chosen without any controversy or bitterness. South Korean skaters get to go and have a good showing in their home Olympics! Dabin Choi goes and has a marvelous 2 performances and they all get lots of sponsors as a result. Pogo also makes the team and medals along with Kaetlyn. Patrick and Javi have an amazing last Olympics (possibly?).

Yuna brings back her Homage to Korea program and skates it in the Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony, gala, whenever!

tars

Record Breaker
1. Marin Honda
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Eunsoo Lim*

*IOC makes "extraordinary age requirement host exception" for Korea

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Team USA includes Ashley, Karen, and Mariah. Nathan, Jason, and Adam. The usual suspects for Dance, with a secret wish for Kaitlin & Jean-Luc to sneak in. (But they're very young & have time.) And for pairs? I'm conflicted. Alexa & Chris, Haven & Brandon, Tarah and Danny to go. Also Ashley & Tim! Well, with the discipline the way it now is, all of the above have time.

Ashley has two skates of her life! and as she said she hopes, with La-La-Land, she inspires people in all walks of life to keep pursuing their dreams, even in the face of struggles and challenges. To keep going boldly in their direction, following their dream path, no matter how late it seems.

The Ladies' Discipline doesn't turn into a foregone conclusion. The American ladies, the Canadians and the Japanese, with their diverse talents, maintain some of the focus on performance and artistry as well as awesome technique from the Russians.

The Men's Discipline is not a splat-fest. Javier wins gold. I don't care about other placements, but want to see all the men do beautiful programs, as there is such variety of styles among them.

Gabrielle & Guillaume win gold with another 4 minutes of blissful work of art. Madison & Evan medal.

The Team Event miraculously has to be cancelled! (I know, someone else said this ... but it's SO good!)

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Shibs win a medal.

P/C over V/M.

Pogo wins a medal, Osmond too. Karen makes the US team and has a strong showing.

Yuzuru repeats for gold, Jason makes the US team and lands clean quads.

Everyone in charge realizes how dumb the team event is and cancels it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
okay.. I'm going to really wuss out here and say I just want it to be fair and I hope at the end we all say that the right people won.

If I had to put money on anything I'd put it on Hanyu and Evgenia. I'm not going to have an opinion on dance until I see the programs. If P/C have the right two programs I'm all for them winning and the same for V/M. What I really don't want is for P/C to have a kick butt free and a mediocre short dance so that if V/M win everyone is all bitter and calls for the end of the short dance (I love the short dance). I would love W/P to pull out the bronze but I'm okay with the shibs or H/D winning. But again lets see the dances first. Someone might put together two great dances and totally change the picture.

Pairs: I like at least 8 or 10 pairs enough to want them on the podium but my soft spot is for Sui and Han but seeing Aljona get her gold would be cool too.

Again.. even if my favourites don't win I'm going to fine as long as it is fair.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
waaaa i love the team event... surprised so many people dislike it... i wish skaters have more time between events to rest up or that perhaps the team event was second.. but seriously? it is for many great skaters a shot at getting a medal they may never get otherwise. I am sure Kevin Reynolds, to name only one, is very happy with his Olympic Silver....

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
waaaa i love the team event... surprised so many people dislike it... i wish skaters have more time between events to rest up or that perhaps the team event was second.. but seriously? it is for many great skaters a shot at getting a medal they may never get otherwise. I am sure Kevin Reynolds, to name only one, is very happy with his Olympic Silver....

I'm with you. I loved the team event.

It was fun to see genuine camaraderie without the nonsense that comes with the World Team cheesefest at the end of the season.

Plus: More Olympic figure skating! The athletes certainly seemed to like it.

randomfan

Record Breaker

Agreed. Though, the only problem I have with the team event is that it takes place before the individual events. I think it would be better for the skaters if it was after the individual events, just like you said. That way, the skaters who did well in the individual event can skate freely in the team event. At the same time, the skaters who didn't do well in the individual event can have a shot at redemption in the team event.

QuadThrow

Medalist

Well. I really like the idea of a team event. As you said it is a good moment for many skaters to win medals and to stand in the crowd's focus.

I really dislike the system. Why does the ISU sum up the positionings in the SP and FP? In this case the SP is more important than the FP because not all team can skate the FP.

It would be better to sum up the points after each skate instead. This is the way all other kinds of sport do it.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Men: Yuzuru wins gold. Nathan Chen medals.

Ladies: Evgenia wins gold. Elena Radionova makes the Russian team. Mirai Nagasu and Karen Chen make the US team and have strong showings/possibly medal.

Pairs: Savchenko/Massot win gold.

Dance: The Shibs on the podium!!

Non-competition related: We see Yuna Kim on the ice again.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
ancientpeas, you're no newbie so you must know you're asking for the impossible. :rofl:

Who disagreed with Yuna winning in 2010 or V/T in 2014? It's not the norm, sure, but undisputed wins do happen.

And I agree with ancientpeas that Olympics where it's really the skating itself, not any scandals, that stay in peoples minds would be great.

My personal wishes: everyone healthy, everyone manages skates they are happy with. Polina Tsurskaya and Wakaba Higuchi get to go. So do Jason Brown, Mika Kolyada and Dima Aliev :love:

Eclair

Medalist
Men
Yuzuru wins GOLD, decides he's still at his peak and continues to skate (doesn't retire)
Javier wins SILVER, finally getting his Olympic medal
Shoma or Boyang wins BRONZE, with improved SS and audience pleasing programs
Nathan FOURTH, not satisfied and deciding for staying in the sport for another 4 years to get that Olympic medal

Ladies
Kaetlyn wins GOLD, encouraging a new crop of junior skaters to skate with speed, strength and incredible high jumps
Karen wins SILVER, again with flying speed, great programs and no UR!
Evgenia wins BRONZE (if she chooses to skate to literally the same program as the past two seasons again, I'm sorry, but I don't want this lack of choreography and creativity to become the norm and getting 10's in PCS again - I mean she's not even trying)

Ashley skates two great performances, winning the heart of the audience with her La La Land FS
Mirai making the Olympic team

Zijun skating two incredible programs, placing in the top 5
Marin and Wakaba making the Team and skating at the Olympics

Yuna skating her Turandot EX

Team Event
Canada for GOLD - this way Patrick gets his Olympic Gold medal at last, as well as Duhamel/Radford
USA for SILVER - this way Ashley get her Olympics Silver, as well as Nathan an Olympic team event medal and Jason an Olympic team silver

bramweld

Record Breaker
Come on ancientpeas, stop being such a wuss, tell us what you want to see :) We all want world peace and such but you know it isn't gonna happen unil Jesus returns. So spill it :agree:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Come on ancientpeas, stop being such a wuss, tell us what you want to see :) We all want world peace and such but you know it isn't gonna happen unil Jesus returns. So spill it :agree:

Gees bramweld, ancientpeas has just awoken for her annual summer sleep. Cut her some slack will ya and don't poke the bear, as she's not fully awake ;)

eyrist

Spectator
It'd be a pleasure to see Lipnitskaya back for Ladies (tho that might be a lil bit next to difficult now) and also the Philippines' Michael Martinez for Men's ! Guy's working on a Q U A D A X E L according to his Instagram :shocked: