2018 Olympic Season: Pairs Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Pairs Figure Skating

JustMe

On the Ice
Tarasova/Morozov: I really like them! that being said, their FS is not an OGM vehicle, at least right now

I really really really want James/Cipres to get on some MAJOR podiums this year!
Euros podium could easily be S/M, T/M, and J/C if S/K can't get things under control...

And it never will. They competed this free skate 4, 5 times, and they don't seem to be comfortable with it (which I think it's also to blame fo the mistakes on the technical elements, on top conditioning).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
And it never will. They competed this free skate 4, 5 times, and they don't seem to be comfortable with it (which I think it's also to blame fo the mistakes on the technical elements, on top conditioning).

I love T/M, but I have to agree.
But PCS wise, as well, I doubt that a non-lyrical, non-"sad emotion" free skate will win an OGM.
I think that S/M are a bit overscored, but there's no doubt that they are solidly committed to their skates... S/H for OGM!! :biggrin:

tzazu

Medalist
Apparently, Aliona and Bruno are working to another SP for the Olympics: http://m.sz-online.de/nachrichten/geheimtraining-im-allgaeu-3841373.html
Someone please tell her to keep the amazing That man program of theirs, it's a crowdpleaser and it will get so well with the public if skated clean...

A new new one? Or the one they had at the beginning this season? ( Ameksa -Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky) I don't understand the article, sorry:(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
A new new one? Or the one they had at the beginning this season? ( Ameksa -Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky) I don't understand the article, sorry:(

Completely new. It's not set in stone, but there might be a surprise, they were quoted. Bruno wasn't feeling the first short they had at the beginning of the season, so they returned to the one of last year, but they are working on a new short now. Mmmh...

tzazu

Medalist
Completely new. It's not set in stone, but there might be a surprise, they were quoted. Bruno wasn't feeling the first short they had at the beginning of the season, so they returned to the one of last year, but they are working on a new short now. Mmmh...

:thank: Don't know what to think about it...At least we'll see it at Euros

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Well, is there any news that Tarasova/Morozov change their FS or at least revise their yellow polka dot costumes? :biggrin:

I don't know why Savchenko/Massot consider changing their awesome short program by the way.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Well, is there any news that Tarasova/Morozov change their FS or at least revise their yellow polka dot costumes? :biggrin:

I don't know why Savchenko/Massot consider changing their awesome short program by the way.

Changing the Short Program is much easier than changing the long. I think Tarasova/Morozov are too late to get a new FS by now. They could go back to last years 'Music' program, but I'm not sure if that was much more better received than Polkacandy Nasty Boy. The thing is when they skate it clean, the judges don't mind the program. At GPF they were bad, but in all the competitions before it, they won. So from their perspective, the problem is probably not the program.

I think 'That Man' is not a bad short, but I understand that Savchenko/Massot don't want to use it for the Olympics. I think they've skated it to its highest potential already and won't get record breaking scores with it. I actually really liked the first short they had this season, it was fiery. Since it's the short I do think it's possible to create something new, there isn't as much choreography between the elements and it should be possible. They can test the new program at Europeans and then decide.

lappo

Final Flight

Unfortunately not! :biggrin: And of that I wouldn't complain, even two days before the Olympics...
As for S/M, I don't know if you are referring to the last year or this year SP because I :luv17: them both (and I think that while Bruno may have problems with the tango sharp movements big part of his problems before the GPF was the pressure of the citizenship problems).
At least, I think we can all agree that the LP is a masterpiece! :love:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

I'm not sure why no one told Tarasova and Morozov that maybe that music went a bit too far in the wrong direction.
I mean really "panties drop" and "cherry pop" I'm not a prude at all but that's a bit much for a competitive program. It'd be different if it was an ex...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm not sure why no one told Tarasova and Morozov that maybe that music went a bit too far in the wrong direction.
I mean really "panties drop" and "cherry pop" I'm not a prude at all but that's a bit much for a competitive program. It'd be different if it was an ex...

I think their mistake may come from the language barrier when it comes to the music choice. I doubt they recognized the lyrics at first because the language is foreign to them even if they speak English pretty decent. They may choose the music because it sounds playful so that they might try a different thing in their free program compared to their grand SP music. I sometimes roll my eyes whenever seeing that non-English speaking kids say some vulgar or offensive words in English from pop or rap music on social media as if they behave "cool" without knowing the meaning at all.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
That's true.
I had just watched the Patrick video on that program when I wrote that and didn't stop to think about the language barrier.
Not insuinating that they're vulgar or anything :)
Just a confused fan. But if it makes them happy, then screw my opinion.

oceanle

Rinkside
I wish I was a billionaire and hire S/H to skate once a month for me and pay them 1 million every time. They are a national treasure and just love watching their skating style. Her landing of the throw jumps and when she holds the landing makes me love figure skating again and again!!!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Right?! I'm anticipating them skating to Khia next year... :slink:

They really need to revise that program or at least the styling - it would be an absolute travesty if S/H and S/M bombed and the Olympic champs were THAT. I can't imagine they're not simply trolling the figure skating world at this point and out-tacky Kulik's giraffe Rhapsody number.

Kinda amusing that North Americans have historically been criticized for tacky "westernized" programs with campy choreo, but the moment T/M do that, they're like "it's showing great charisma and personality!" :laugh:

charlotte14

Medalist
Right?! I'm anticipating them skating to Khia next year... :slink:

They really need to revise that program or at least the styling - it would be an absolute travesty if S/H and S/M bombed and the Olympic champs were THAT. I can't imagine they're not simply trolling the figure skating world at this point and out-tacky Kulik's giraffe Rhapsody number.

Kinda amusing that North Americans have historically been criticized for tacky "westernized" programs with campy choreo, but the moment T/M do that, they're like "it's showing great charisma and personality!" :laugh:
I think Mozer team logic is: T/M don't look outstanding with the classical choices... they're too blah. So maybe we choose something so bad it's good to make them stand out.

QuadThrow

Medalist

Aljona wants a new SP for the Olympics. She wants to create new programs every season and is not comfortable with jusst going back to the old stuff.

But the finals decision is not made yet. That man is still possible.