Revolution blades | Golden Skate

Revolution blades

mj elric4

Rinkside
So, I'm wondering what all the hype is about the revolution style blades. I've read up on them and I'm still trying to piece together why you'd want a piece that moves a bit when you're landing your jumps. I mean they look aesthetically nice and some of the top figure skates use them, like Yuzuru Hanyu. Is there really a major difference between revolution and regular blades, besides the price difference, that makes them that much more valuable? Generally curious here

jf12

Final Flight
I skate on revolution blades and pretty sure there isn’t a piece that’s supposed to move when you land jumps!! The differences I do notice is that I feel the ice a little more through the more distributed stanchion design, and supposedly it also is more shock absorbing, too. The weight difference isn’t really that major, so it isn’t a factor for me. If you are an intermediate skater looking to upgrade blades and money is a factor, I would get the best non-revolution blade you can afford rather than get revs and compromise on other things. My personal opinion is also that they’re aesthetically less pleasing than regular blades.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I skate on Patten 99 Revs and it took a while for them to convince me that it would be a big difference and for me it was with jumps (shock absorption) and just the better feel of the ice. They also do feel lighter.