Ryom and Kim: "We are not satisfied" | Golden Skate

Ryom and Kim: "We are not satisfied"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ryom and Kim showed strong component scores in their routine to “Je suis qu’une chanson,” however, the North Koreans had a fall on the side-by-side double Axels and struggled on a throw triple loop. Nevertheless, their overall score (184.98) was enough to land them on the podium after subpar performances from several other teams.

While the team was happy with their placement, it was a different matter for their performance.

“We didn’t reach the same level as we did as in practices,” said Ryom. “I’m really upset and it’s a pity. What I want to keep working on is to improve my technical level as fast as I can.”
“We are not satisfied at all,” added Kim. “What I want to work on is to perform as well as we did when practicing because we did better in practice. After finishing this competition comes the preparation for the Olympics. I hope we can take the experience this time and perform all the technical elements well in the Olympics. It’s really a pity that we did not do as well as we did when practicing.”

More...

Still, they should be so proud that they became the first North Koreas to have ever medaled at a figure skating ISU Championship event! :cheer2:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm really happy for Ryom and Kim! It's so awesome they've been able to skate and take on the world :) I especially enjoyed their Exhibition skate, it looked like they were having so much fun on the ice.

I look forward to seeing how they go at the Olympics and beyond that.

Congrats on their bronze medal!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Despite the mistakes, their scores are moving up.

I wonder if they will be considered as medal contenders at the Olympics.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I've said this previously on this forum but it's worth saying again. This team comes from a country without any substantial figure skating tradition and a country without substantial resources to support this sport in terms of elite coaches, funding, rinks etc. To add to that, they haven't competed almost all season. And yet to deliver performances like that - what tremendous talents. It makes me wonder what they'd be capable of if they were in a more favorable situation.

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm really happy for Ryom and Kim! It's so awesome they've been able to skate and take on the world :) I especially enjoyed their Exhibition skate, it looked like they were having so much fun on the ice.

I look forward to seeing how they go at the Olympics and beyond that.

Congrats on their bronze medal!

I've watched their gala so many times now - I keep humming the song even though I have no idea what they're singing about :laugh:

What are the chances of them getting a GP next season?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Excellent, given they have a 4cc bronze and their 184.98 there puts them in at about 21st on the season's best list. (It has not been updated yet for 4ccs.) That should do it.