controlling nerves | Golden Skate

controlling nerves

katyaaranda

Rinkside
Ok so i am having a test on saturaday and its gonna be the 3rd time i repeat it but i am really nervous because the judge seems really exigent what can i do to control my nerves?

cl2

Final Flight
Since it's only one week out from your test date, your training goal should be to practice executing your elements when it counts. Tell yourself you have one attempt at it each session, before your attempt, collect your thoughts and figure out how you're going execute the element to a satisfactory quality, and then go do it. If it goes well, leave it be. If it doesn't, figure out a correction to make, and attempt it at most once more, making sure to incorporate the correction, and then leave it regardless of whether it goes well or not.

Note that the strategy at this stage of your preparations should not be to practice your elements over and over again (presumably you've already done that type of prep work in the weeks leading up to the final week before the test). Rather, practicing how to focus your thoughts and deliver the elements at first try will help you manage your nerves during the test. You will no doubt still be nervous during the test, but you will also have practiced how to manage it.

Also, don't bother about the judge. You should just give it your best shot, and let the judge do the judging.

temadd

Final Flight
Before you get on the ice, close your eyes and visualize yourself skating to your favorite music at your home rink. Open your eyes, breathe, get on the ice and focus on your skating not the judges