2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

tars

Record Breaker
Did you see her do any jumps? I certainly didn’t....
Do you remember your own orthopedic problems with your feet/ankle from the past?
Did you rest it by gliding and spinning on the ice-hard surface for couple of hours a day for two weeks period? I certainly didn't. :scratch2:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Do you remember your own orthopedic problems with your feet/ankle from the past?
Did you rest it by gliding and spinning on the ice-hard surface for couple of hours a day for two weeks period? I certainly didn't. :scratch2:

I had orthopaedic problems 2 years ago and right after removing the cast I was told to put slight force on injured foot to not to let to muscle atrophy or stiffness. she wasn't jumping she was just skating around. Probably walking fast brings similar stress to her feet... Also I think her bones are now mostly healed and rehab with avoiding huge stress are now crucial to avoid further injury. However doing nothing for next 6 weeks is just plain stupid. After Adam Rippon broke his metatarsal bone he was posting instagram stories from gym with his leg still in cast. Half of skaters are doing competitions or train with some more or less serious injuries.

Also almost all top skaters are doing now some shows instead of training.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
With Evgenia not winning OGM, and Alina having a bad worlds experience, I think both of them will have great motivation to continue. I feel they at least have one more season in them to dominate before the arrival of Kostornaya and Trusova.

Don't forget about Anna Shcherbakova!!! I don't have a favorite yet with the upcoming juniors (right now I love Kostornaya's skating), but after watching those videos of Anna dancing I had a glimpse of something really special. She moves amazingly and feels her music with her BODY which is rare these days. I'm not impressed by someone's music interp when they mime picking up a phone and giving the "O" face while standing still....

But those three are insanely wonderful. I hope they keep their skills and get even better.

charlotte14

Medalist
Med was just skating around and not jumping, what’s wrong with that? It’s funny people have to spin it this way. She wasn’t even at her best at the Olympics. With the way she was training like crazy for all those years, of course it takes a toll.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I see... both Evgenia and Alina have shows until 22-23 of April and then I suppose they'll go in holiday in May (I think this is the norm in Eteri's group). So they'll retake training in June?!! I don't know if it's late or not...I think both of them will have new programs.

Good God that's not much of an offseason if you're correct. I was hoping they would get a few months off.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Some words from Eteri re OG:

"I am very glad that Zagitova and Medvedeva managed to show such a beautiful fight at the Olympics"
Eteri Tutberidze, the coach of Russian figure skaters Yevgenia Medvedeva and Alina Zagitova, received the "Silver doe" awards for her wards, who were recognized as the best sportswomen of 2017. "Thank you for believing in us. I'm very glad that we managed to show such a beautiful romantic struggle - probably, many have tears in their eyes. I think this Olympics will be remembered for a long time, "Tutberidze said.

LRK

Record Breaker
It's the off season. There's no reason for any seniors to be in peak condition - and court injury by training hard - when there are zero competitions.

Now, if skaters are in a bad condition in the autumn - by all means, panic.

Of course, if people enjoy panicking and writing skaters off (a great hobby of some people anyway), by all means - knock yourselves out.

tars

Record Breaker
It's the off season. There's no reason for any seniors to be in peak condition - and court injury by training hard - when there are zero competitions.

Now, if skaters are in a bad condition in the autumn - by all means, panic.

Of course, if people enjoy panicking and writing skaters off (a great hobby of some people anyway), by all means - knock yourselves out.
Being doubtful, critical or even pessimistic does not equal panicking or writing skaters off.

This thread is not a fan fest, but general place to exchange opinions on the state of Russian ladies - both positive and negative.