2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

skatenewbie

Medalist
I don't talk about total score but PCS. Her highest PCS in GP season was 64. Even in France where she was in last group and skated a free with no visual error she got that score.
yes idk why, they finally giving her PCS she deserved in 4CC where she got 68 PCS. in SP where she messed up she got ok PCS around 32.5 even at some point she get higher PCS than Sotskova SP in IdF. but when it comes to FP where she slay she always got 64... only 65 once in ACI. i hope she can be force next season and get that PCS! i do love her free though, and if she can skate it consistently like she did and with clean SP staying in top 3/in last group then her PCS will not be 64 anymore for sure. look at what happened to Kaori, sudden rise just because she was 2nd in SA and skating cleanly.

sakurano

Final Flight
As much as I love my Tiny Queen Satoko, I have a feeling that Kaori or Wakaba is gonna bring on a challenge to be Japan's number 1 next season!

Personally I do not see Satoko dethrone after all it is the most artistic despite its small jumps, the only one that can be dethroned is Kaori or Mai, we'll see the next season. After all, there may be surprises

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
As long as Satoko's jumps are judged like other girls' jumps and she's consistent, she will be hard to beat.

mikeko666

Final Flight
As long as Satoko's jumps are judged like other girls' jumps and she's consistent, she will be hard to beat.

All she has to to do is not to fall. I really hope GOEs reflect qualities of jumps, not to mention BV (UR).

tars

Record Breaker
Personally I do not see Satoko dethrone after all it is the most arthritic despite its small jumps, the only one that can be dethroned is Kaori or Mai, we'll see the next season. After all, there may be surprises
I'm not a fan of Satoko's skating, but this is totally another level of diss. :laugh:;)

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Any upcoming rule changes should also help skaters like Satoko.

Well actually, she could get something like +1\+2 GOE when skaters with bigger, better jumps coulg potentially get +3\+4, so idk. It'll help her for her other elements for sure though.

dansams

Rinkside
Don't they also wanna de-emphasize jumping and up the PCS? I wouldn't bet against Satoko if that happens.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well actually, she could get something like +1\+2 GOE when skaters with bigger, better jumps coulg potentially get +3\+4, so idk. It'll help her for her other elements for sure though.

Some judges give her +2 for her jumps. So i bet she will get the same +3/+4. And +5 for spins.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Some judges give her +2 for her jumps. So i bet she will get the same +3/+4. And +5 for spins.

Yeah, totally possible, for sure. I think if judging were correct, she would get +1, max 2, for her jumps and +5 for spins, while someone like Osmond would get between +3 and +5 for jumps, for example.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Other girls will have to be more consistents to expect to beat her at nationals. I say more because they're already consistents but don't have the PCS to save them when they make their rare mistakes.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Other girls will have to be more consistents to expect to beat her at nationals. I say more because they're already consistents but don't have the PCS to save them when they make their rare mistakes.

And she has tech panels on her side, which are more than happy to ignore her UR, just like they did last year's Nats.

sakurano

Final Flight
I'm not a fan of Satoko's skating, but this is totally another level of diss. :laugh:;)

yes everyone to his point of views and feelings different :)

----

GO Rika you can do it, I hope next year will be more conclusive
for her I like the transistion she does before her 3A.

---------------

it's a recent report with old pictures as they mount the challenge cup and Mai who is in high school .
Mai is adorable, I hope someone can translate what the girls say, I repeat but the Japanese women's team is so adorable between them <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5B7KoZyZUg

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, totally possible, for sure. I think if judging were correct, she would get +1, max 2, for her jumps and +5 for spins, while someone like Osmond would get between +3 and +5 for jumps, for example.
I was rewatching the Worlds final flight earlier, and was reminded again how great Satoko's layback spin is. Best in the field, in my opinion.