Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 279 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imov

Medalist
I hope you felt rewarded for your patience. ;) Tell us more! (if you can!)
Yuzu was doing a lot of cute and serious things.
The cute things:
He would reenact when something goes wrong. Like bobbing himself when he hanged on a jump. And that glove slip on the rippon during 4T-3T.

Laughing himself off
https://twitter.com/willowyhanyu/status/1107881495513976832?s=19

The spread eagle tracing at thy end, Deniss took him on on that. And he started to laugh when he saw Deniss angling lower than him.

I kinda felt he removed long sleeve ua just to please the crowd lmao.

The serious things:
Before doing the loop he does this warm up of crossing his legs and feet in loop position and skate that way. Then he would bend his knees to add on weight. He did like 4-6 times before going for the loop.

He went to the center and gone thinking mode. The did otonal pose and went for another run through. Everything was well until his glove slipped.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yuzu was doing a lot of cute and serious things.
The cute things:
He would reenact when something goes wrong. Like bobbing himself when he hanged on a jump. And that glove slip on the rippon during 4T-3T.

Laughing himself off
https://twitter.com/willowyhanyu/status/1107881495513976832?s=19

The spread eagle tracing at thy end, Deniss took him on on that. And he started to laugh when he saw Deniss angling lower than him.

I kinda felt he removed long sleeve ua just to please the crowd lmao.

The serious things:
Before doing the loop he does this warm up of crossing his legs and feet in loop position and skate that way. Then he would bend his knees to add on weight. He did like 4-6 times before going for the loop.

He went to the center and gone thinking mode. The did otonal pose and went for another run through. Everything was well until his glove slipped.

Thank you so much for your live impressions. :luv17:

https://twitter.com/hanyuslegacy/status/1107917742055710720 Here's a vid of his runthrough.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
For some reason this Worlds, I am rooting for Yuzuru to take the gold now more than ever. There is some amazing competition for him to go up against this season and I just feel that this is a pivotal moment in his career. Possibly the most important outside of Sochi and Pyeongchang...

My feelings in a nutshell, satine! I am glad he's acknowledging the health issues and that it probably means he's entering this competition with an open mind, but at the same time I hope he can be rewarded with a third World title. It will mean a lot to him to win before the home crowds. And to the audience. The lucky folk who have the tickets must be over the moon - such a star-studded cast plus a Yuzuru who is having fun and does well in practice. ^ ^ This will be a competition to remember :luv17:

yude

Record Breaker
Hanyu looking good. 4lo working comfortably with a lot room in the air

I totally agree, his 4Lo was breathtaking and it looked like it was much better than last year's. And to think that he got injured when he was practicing that jump, it is amazing he could take it back that beautifully.

Thank you everyone for the updates, there are many things to catch up! I'm looking forward to seeing the press con :)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Jumps before RT
3Lo
2S
4S
3А from SP
4T+3T-rippon
4T+3T-rippon
4Т fall

4T+3A

3Lo
4Lo so

RT
4Lo fall
3S
jumped again- 4S
3Lo
4T
4T+3A so
3F+3T
3A+1Eu+3S

at the end:
4lo hangs on
4T+3T
4lo
4S

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Praying for Yuzu to just be healthy and happy, may he do his best :pray::ghug:

I dedicate my 500th post to Yuzuru, may it bring him luck :biggrin:

Edit: let me also add that I've seen his 4lo live and it is GLORIOUS. I hope he can land it beautifully here and be proud of himself :pray::luv17:

Amef

Final Flight
Can't believe we are finally seeing Yuzu compete tomorrow! Seems like a lifetime away. I suppose SP won't be hard for him because there is no quad loop there!

I think he can pull off a clean short, he's very good at SP, and even a WR. However, we never know what may happen. Just fingers crossed he comes out of Worlds safe and happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.