Who will win in Sr. ladies??? | Golden Skate

Who will win in Sr. ladies???

M

Marissaontheice

i am not thinking of cynthia or joannie i think there will be a surprise. a newer name...i think Meagan Duhamel has a good chance on making it up there top 5. umm i think mira leung will do well aswell..

brenlynn

On the Ice
unless jo screws up big time, she will win. she is far better than cynthia. cynthia is a super skater, but jo is more of the complete package.

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
At the GPF Joannie showed that she was Canada's strongest at the moment. Cynthia grew and had to readjust so I am sure she will be a force to be reckoned with next year. Remember she is only 16. She has lots of time to win Canadian championships

ceg15

On the Ice
SailorGalaxia518
It's going to be a great battle between Cynthia Phaneuf and Joannie Rochette

One of them should win the title.

I totally agree...It's just hard to say which one. I say it depends on who can pull it together that night!

Matt

On the Ice
I agree. The battle between Rochette and Phaneuf will be awesome (I only wish I got coverage of it in my neck of the woods :cry: ). I would definitely put Rochette over Phaneuf with Leung in 3rd (although, Duhamel did quite well on the JGP this year)

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Matt said:
How many spots does Canada have for the Ladies at Worlds??

2 I believe because Joannie Rochette placed 8th. I've never been quite sure about the relationship between the placings and the number of skaters available to send.

Hikaru

Final Flight
well, I don't get to see the canadian national championships unfortunatelly, but as far as Phaneuf and Rochette, for what I've seen from them at the GP, I would go with Rochette, because she has a beautiful program with amazing choreography.

ceg15

On the Ice
I really haven't seen Joannie this year but at Skate Canada watching Cynthia's programs, her choreography is amazing and brings out her personality. I'm so excited for the women's event though at Nationals...what a battle it will be! Canada's future of figure skating in the women's discipline looks very bright! :biggrin:

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Yeah, it will be quite a battle for sure. I would say either this or the mens event is the hardest to predict at the moment. It is going to be a VERY exciting event to watch for sure!

Last edited:

ceg15

On the Ice
I really haven't seen Joannie this year but at Skate Canada watching Cynthia's programs, her choreography is amazing and brings out her personality. I'm so excited for the women's event though at Nationals...what a battle it will be! Canada's future of figure skating in the women's discipline looks very bright! :biggrin:

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Canadian Ladies title

I think this competition is Joannie's to lose. She has it all: Strength, speed, stamina, flow, interesting choreography, grace and triple jumps with a triple-triple combination. She is young and strong and already placed in the World's top ten.

Phaneuf is nice, etc., but Joannie is a step or two better in nearly all aspects of skating right now, probably because she is more mature.

ChiSk8Fan said:
I think this competition is Joannie's to lose. She has it all: Strength, speed, stamina, flow, interesting choreography, grace and triple jumps with a triple-triple combination. She is young and strong and already placed in the World's top ten.

Phaneuf is nice, etc., but Joannie is a step or two better in nearly all aspects of skating right now, probably because she is more mature.
ITA, ChiSk8. Cynthia is not yet mature to skate a winner. However, if Joannie falters, dum dee dumm dum.

Joe

Matt

On the Ice
doubleaxelcm said:
2 I believe because Joannie Rochette placed 8th. I've never been quite sure about the relationship between the placings and the number of skaters available to send.

IIRC, the placing relationship is something like if a country has two skaters, for example, and the sum of their placings is a particular number or less (I believe it's like 14----where's Mathman when I need him?!?), that country's federation receives an extra spot for Worlds/Euros. I knew Jennifer Robinson skated for Canada along with Rochette and did rather well, which makes me wonder if Canada has three spots for Worlds in the Ladies

Don't quote me on any of that, though :p