Stars on Ice US Tour | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice US Tour

oly2018

Final Flight
I wonder if there will be anymore additions to the US tour. Canada seems to be adding a lot of special guests.

Casual

On the Ice
Once upon a time there was a tour called "Champions on Ice" that did have skaters from all over the world also. And IIRC they skated under real lights, not "show lights".

I hate "gala lights". Is it the same as "show lights"?

"Real lights" in competition provide a much better experience for me, because it's much easier to see the intricate details of the performance, as well as appreciate the speed and ice coverage.

Or maybe that's the point - cover up lesser level of skating in darkness? :biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hate "gala lights". Is it the same as "show lights"?

"Real lights" in competition provide a much better experience for me, because it's much easier to see the intricate details of the performance, as well as appreciate the speed and ice coverage.

Or maybe that's the point - cover up lesser level of skating in darkness? :biggrin:

Go Alysa! More bucks for the skating program. You will need them.
I never understood gala lighting. Maybe someone thinks its cute or showbizzy....it also doesnt help that old eyes dont see as well in the dark....
Chris the guy who goes to the restaurant and tells the staff to turn down the crappy music volume cause we old people...you know, the ones that can afford this joint?...want to talk and our old ears cant hear human voices with the masking of acid rock elevator music. :agree: