2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 84 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
It is about a balance between skater and coach, sport and artistry. A coach should guide and prepare his student, shouldn't he? Aleksey Zheleznyakov said that one of the Eteri's talents is that she can see what is suited naturally to the skater. And she never goes against skater's nature, emphasizing strong and hiding weak sides. And last season team Orser-Medvedeva has underperformed in comparison to Tutberidze-Medvedeva.

Hmmmm interesting points. Pertinent points as a matter of fact. But I wonder if anyone will disagree with you about it.

I think we all expect Evgenia to perform better this year since she's completely healthy and now familiar with her new coaching situation. She did well at after a very hard season and her performance at worlds should propel her into next season.

Nilf

Rinkside
This perfectly illustrates how different her jumps are now. Shall we go through them?

3F-3T: She uses the exact same entry and exit then and now. At the Olympics, there was very obvious prerotation and full blade assist. At Worlds, it looks like there may still be a bit of prerotation, but it looks much better. The landing of the 3F was better at the Olympics, and the height of the 3T was better, too. She picks much sooner at Worlds for the 3T than she does at the Olys. I'd say there is better technique now, but the outcome of the jump does not look better here.

2A: With these gifs, I cannot tell if this is the same entry or slightly different and I don't feel like going and watching right now. The exit is slightly different though. The one at the Olys looks fine, but it's a much different jump. At Worlds, she goes into the 2A with a really deep edge and is clearly using her legs and arms (lack of tano!) more. It looks more powerful, though, this has still been hit or miss for her in competition this season. The exit at Worlds is reallt beautiful. Her running edge out of it, the aesthetically pleasing arm variations out of it, staying on one foot for longer.

3Lo: Once again, entry is the same and exit is similar too. There's really no difference in her 3Lo, both in the SP & FP she uses entries and exits that she's used for many seasons now. I really like both versions of it, I like how at the Olys she went from entry-3Loop-exit into choreo. And I like how at Worlds she went from entry-3Loop-longer running edge.

I could keep going, but I think I've demonstrated how different her jumps are now. Not all of them are up to par, but it's clear that she's working torwards making them more technically sound, and it's not all worked out yet, but the attempts are being made :)
tbh it is hard to take 2 gifs and say that there is an improvement\degradation. Flip picks look pretty similar, but she doesn't telegraph toe loop and the combination looks much better. Definitely cannot compare 2A with tano and without. She still does strange checking moves before jumping. I think it would be great for Orser to remove these moves.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
The correct summation of the situation is that Alinas team announced her exhibition song a song that Evgenia likes alot and many people think she was going to use it as her exhibition song starting in Japan. Some people took offense with what happened and accused Danil without proof or evidence of doing this on purpose to annoy Zhenya. My take is he would only do something that would be good for Alina that is his responsibility as her choreographer and friend. I don't particularly like this song but if DanIl thanks this will make a good exhibition song for Alina then so be it. Her EXO's the last two years have been really good and different so Danil has a good track record with Alina.

It’s just speculation. Zhenya didn’t say anything and it’s not because she likes a song she will use it. There’s a difference about what the fans think and what the skater wants.

Anyway, skaters are free, they don’t own any songs.

A lot of people here in post with passion about their favorite skaters and that is to be appreciated.

What I wish, though, is that fans would be passionate about the actual skating and not so much about who dissed whom on social media and the like.

Still, yeah -- where would we be without fan enthusiasm? It's all good. :rock:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
It is about a balance between skater and coach, sport and artistry. A coach should guide and prepare his student, shouldn't he? Aleksey Zheleznyakov said that one of the Eteri's talents is that she can see what is suited naturally to the skater. And she never goes against skater's nature, emphasizing strong and hiding weak sides. And last season team Orser-Medvedeva has underperformed in comparison to Tutberidze-Medvedeva.

Zhenya arrived with two serious injuries at Orser's camp, one who never will completely heal. They had to deal with that the whole season long. Of course she would not have the same results. Also Zhenya struggled with her old jump technique they had to adjust that as well to find a better technique for her new body.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
There was a picture circulating about a while back, showing Evgenia’s supposed long program dress. Does anyone have a link?

Does this Talalakina (sp?) girl have a chance to make a splash next season? Is she junior or senior? How old is she?

Any word on Radionova or Sotnikova?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Alina will probably go to Japan Open in October, but who do u guys think will go with her??? One of the 3A? Or Medvedeva? Or maybe even a non Russian skater?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
There was a picture circulating about a while back, showing Evgenia’s supposed long program dress. Does anyone have a link?

Does this Talalakina (sp?) girl have a chance to make a splash next season? Is she junior or senior? How old is she?

It is not her new dress, this was already confirmed :)

Grin

Medalist
I think since Kazakhstan ladies don't have their own thread it is appropriate to discuss LilBet here. Any news about her?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

I think Talalaikina is 16 yo. I am hoping she might get maybe a Challenger assignment next year? But I don't know really how those assignments work.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Does this Talalakina (sp?) girl have a chance to make a splash next season?
it's unpredictable, but she has never been among the favorites, so any significant success will make a splash; she is very artistic, but not stable enough in jumps, so at last RusNats she blundered with excitement

Is she junior or senior? How old is she?
she just few days older than Kihira so can compete both as junior and senior

99.99% sure they said "goodbye" to competitions

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I think since Kazakhstan ladies don't have their own thread it is appropriate to discuss LilBet here. Any news about her?

She’s on vacation right now in Turkey with her family. She posted on her Instagram, and I never knew she had a brother!

Scott512

Record Breaker
It’s just speculation. Zhenya didn’t say anything and it’s not because she likes a song she will use it. There’s a difference about what the fans think and what the skater wants.

Anyway, skaters are free, they don’t own any songs.

Exactly

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
99.99% sure they said "goodbye" to competitions

Call me just a very hopeful fan but I don't want to give up the idea that 0.01% of Elena making a great comeback next season just yet. Maybe she'd even make the team. A girl can dream, right?