2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Hello @Mathematician ! How are you?
My apologies that I missed replying to your mention yesterday. I clicked on the link you posted but it won't let me watch anything.
This must have been something I obviously missed watching live, since I loooooove watching the Russian ladies events (not interested in men or pairs), but lately I've been REALLY busy with my own skating, between on ice practices, off ice practices, skating field trips and so on, I haven't kept on what is going on. Today I finally had a holiday from skating and have been catching up posts here on this forum.
Would you please be so kind to tell me what this video is of, so I can research around an alternative video to watch? I'm very curious to watch it now. :) Thank you!
Thats interesting, the link works for me even in browser. Its the "random fs videos" telegram account:

You can find Frolova's fan cam here.

Mathematician

Medalist
She did fine here, what's the issue? She scored above 200 for the second time, and this time even without a 3A.

Yes, sure, the 3A is super inconsistent in her case, but that doesn't make her an example of a "failed" skater, and this was certainly not an example of a bad competition at all.
People here will call anything but perfect a failure. Nevermind one poor season and apparently that skater is finished for life. And if you're injured for a few months well you dont even exist anymore.

Mathematician

Medalist
Where will we be able to watch the Eteri shows? Since she isnt contracted with 1tv any more?

Must we await replays and fan cams?

Remilia

On the Ice
Akatieva definitely looks a bit older and taller compared to next season. Will be interesting to see how things go for her next season, hopefully they don't try to rush the ultra-c jumps. Speaking of which, I just remembered that she actually had a 4S in the 21/22 season, but she didn't do it at all during the 22/23 season. I guess she lost it?

brakes

On the Ice
Anastasiia Zinina, 5th in 22/23 Russian Championships, member of senior Russian 23/24 team, JGP multimedalist, owner of huge quad toe.
After a year of coping with injuries, she scores 152 points in low tier local tournament, left alone at the boards and K&C:

Just a reminder of cruel reality in super competitive environment of Russian ladies' fs.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Does anyone happen to know why the All-Russian Competition "For the prizes of the Moscow Figure Skating Federation" was cancelled this season? It was supposed to be this week, but I just noticed that it's not happening...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Maria Talalaikina has announced her retirement 💔

Time to rewatch her Maleficent program

Best of luck to Maria in her retirement. I always enjoyed her skating, for me she stood out from the rest of the, very deep, Russian field. She was fantastic as Maelificent. I was disappointed that her Italy move didn’t work out. I felt she had the potential to be a European medalist and be Top 10 at Worlds & Olympics.

Tarasova passed a very cruel and mean spirited comment. What is that Women’s problem?

Mathematician

Medalist
Looks better than I remembered her. Maybe it's a wrong impression or maybe it's because she's not as thin anymore.
Looks better physically or as a skater? Unsure cause you mention weight and some people are saying she looks older and bigger but to me she seems the same as start of season.

I havent checked anything about skating in like a month - anyone let me know interesting things I missed (seems like not much happened).

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Looks better physically or as a skater? Unsure cause you mention weight and some people are saying she looks older and bigger but to me she seems the same as start of season.

I havent checked anything about skating in like a month - anyone let me know interesting things I missed (seems like not much happened).

As a skater, but might stem from her looking more grown up/muscular, not so lanky. The young very thin girls tend to look a bit like a branch getting swung by the wind when they skate imo.

Mathematician

Medalist
As a skater, but might stem from her looking more grown up/muscular, not so lanky. The young very thin girls tend to look a bit like a branch getting swung by the wind when they skate imo.
I know what you mean. I do think the more muscular look tends to go along with the most elegant skating. Though I always liked Akateva anyways and I still dont know if I see a big change from now and a few months ago.