2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 292 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I agree, although I think that Kamila's PCS should still be higher than Maya's

That, and Kamila should get higher GOEs on all elements as well. Quality of her spins and jumps is exquisite. So, in the end, even without quad Kamila is very hard to beat - whether your BV is the same or not.

karina17

Final Flight
Remember last year's first JGP in Slovakia when Anna and Anna went head to head and Shcherbakova had a 6 point lead after the SP, despite both being debutants, and both having more or less the same BV? (I just checked and a solid 2.5 of those points were PCS). I think we might see the same thing with Kamila and Maya this year in France, maybe to a more extreme level. Especially if Kamila throws quads during official practice in front of all those judges.

Azikin

Medalist
Actually Maya has basically the same base value as Kamila minus the quad. She could easily reach over 200 internationally. If clean - 69-71 SP, low 130s FS. She shouldn’t get low PCS. But Kamila’s quad is already stable so yes she’ll be hard to beat unless she makes more than one bad mistake

Nothing is given for sure. I think that Maya has a bigger chance to beat Kamila than Tarusina last year to beat Scherbakova (although many people didn't believe her). We will see.. :)

siela

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1VjX2AI9Z-/?igshid=45hjrwf17o1y

I don't know who the girl is in this video, but that combo is one of the most beautiful things I've seen lately. So much speed, ice coverage, height and flow. Simply beautiful.

I am not sure at all but I believe the girl in the video might be this girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7d-hFDAO0U
I have seen her on several photos of Volkov team. She must have switched to him in the off-season. She trained in Moscow region previously.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I am not sure at all but I believe the girl in the video might be this girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7d-hFDAO0U
I have seen her on several photos of Volkov team. She must have switched to him in the off-season. She trained in Moscow region previously.

They all seem to be blonde and have their hair in a bun ;-)

Good resource, that channel, for it has videos with the skaters that participate in the coming Pervenstvo Moskvy, which start list now seems to be finalised on 2006 born and older skaters in the girls.
Lots of boys, and a few pairs from junior Test Skates, so it will be an interesting competition to decide over the final JGP starts.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I wonder if anyone will go to the USA challenger? It’s at altitude, so will probably have a weaker field because who wants to compete at altitude 🤣🤣

Maybe Stasya- she will be in the US for the Aurora games next week and again for Skate America

To answer your question - no :)
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109506.htm
I mean, no wonder... traveling so much for a challenger seems unreasonable.

SkateSkates

Medalist
To answer your question - no :)
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109506.htm
I mean, no wonder... traveling so much for a challenger seems unreasonable.

Saw that earlier. It’s too bad there aren’t any Russian ladies entered in the event, but understandable due to the Travel time and altitude. It is definitely the weakest field so far - any one of the 7 on the main team would have a good shot of winning. Oh well.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I agree, although I think that Kamila's PCS should still be higher than Maya's (assuming they both perform clean). Realistically Kamila's will be higher because of reputation and a quad, but I also think they should be a bit higher do to artistry. Maya is also musical, but imo not as much as Kamila.

Maya is the only one among the new juniors from that group who doesn't rush movements and has slightly deeper edges, which to me makes a big difference in skating skills and even performance.

Kamila yes she has insane flexibility and beautiful lines but if you don't hold it, it's less effective.

Regardless we know junior components are nonsense anyway, Kamila will get higher components due to the quad and reputation of being the strongest russian.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
A sacrificial lamb? I don't think so, this Kseniya has guts and willpower, she'll try to do her very best and bring Russia another JGP finalist.
It sure does look like it a little bit. However, she's a strong competitor, and i believe that even if she's 2nd twice she'll still be able to qualify. Hopefully.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
A sacrificial lamb? I don't think so, this Kseniya has guts and willpower, she'll try to do her very best and bring Russia another JGP finalist.

And I believe esp. Ksenia doesn't consider herself a scapegoat.

Football is probably not very popular here but I will use it for this example, people here in my country are always speculating what teams we should get into our qualification group/group in championship if we rarely succeed in qualification :) But I would say if you wanna succeed you have to be prepared to compete with everybody. Ksenia's goal is probably not just somehow sneak into the JGPF and than whatever but be able to compete with the best.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
And I believe esp. Ksenia doesn't consider herself a scapegoat.

Football is probably not very popular here but I will use it for this example, people here in my country are always sapeculating what teams we should get into our qualification group/group in championship if we rarely succeed in qualification :) But I would say if you wanna succeed you have to be prepared to compete with everybody. Ksenia's goal is probably not just somehow sneak into the JGPF and than whatever but be able to compete with the best.

No says that her plan is to sneak in :scratch2: It is still a bit of a weird setup.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
i believe that even if she's 2nd twice she'll still be able to qualify.

Two second places practically guarantee a GPF spot. Anna Tarusina was a very rare exception last season.

FYI, 1 & 4 places statistically give a 75% chance to qualify, while 2 & 3 give a 30% chance.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
That's not fair. They should withdraw her and assign someone else.

Nothing is guaranteed with those young skaters. Kseniya is a year older than Alysa, more experienced, more 'hardened' in competing under pressure.
But anything can happen when you compete in different time zones. Alysa is at a disadvantage here in Gdansk, because traveling east, against the clock, is worse when it comes to the effects of jetlag.

With JGP qualifiers, it is just, apart from the top 3 or 4 skaters, the others don't really matter for JGPF, they only skate for themselves. Hopefully there will be good audience support.
And there is a gala, and your prize money will only be handed over if you participate, if I understood the ISU rules correctly.