2002 Olympic Ladies Scores | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2002 Olympic Ladies Scores

GS Memebers - Opinions are fine. Nitpicking is fine. What's not fine are Accusationsof one member to another. One can always use the "imo" form and if that doesn't work, then the "Let's agree to disagree". Bashing is not permitted in Golden Skate.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
What's always puzzled me about Sarah is the dichotomy between her scholastic standards and her athletic ones. It just seems odd to me that she studied for years to get a perfect score on her SAT, yet was willing to sign on with SOI without getting back into shape enough to show a glimmer of her Olympic form. Yes, I know she is being paid big $$ for her skating, but I would think she'd have some sense of pride about earning it by giving the customers at least a vestige of what they'd paid to see. JMO.

mzheng

Record Breaker
wvgal57 said:
You attempt justification Michelles losses by saying that anytime another skater wins it just has to be because Michelle was robbed and that the other skater is being gifted by corrupt judges and then you try to crucify every skill that skater has. You won't admit it but the fact is Michelle's been gifted many times in her career too, she's had questionable wins with two footed jumps and falls. I rarely see fans of other skaters on a constant basis start threads and rehash over and over on different boards every jump, spin, turn and nuance in the program.

I'm bitter? Don't even get me start who is still bitter in every Rusian interview after 3 years.

I said very clear that Sarah won that LP fair and square. It was Irina who thought she should've won the LP. And IIRC I said in another board that had Irina won the SP, which would be justified according to a lot fans analysis, and by placed 2nd in LP won the gold, so be it. I had no problem with that either. Before you accuse me for something, better inspect yoursef behaviors around the boards, OK.

Where did I start the threads and rehash over and over every jump, spin, turn? Where? Get your facts straight? I started a thread at MKF ask the CoP questions analysis top ladies footwork, what's wrong with that? I was not at competetion myself and knowing the clips weren't tell you the speed and power, so I posted a question at ISU board ask the opinion from someone who actually in the arena because I knew some posters there in general are mostly neuture and unlikely get attacting by some posters like at FSU. I at least tried to be objective and collect the different views. It was not like someone claiming no expert on CoP than going on attack Witt don't know anything about the CoP and jalouse about Irina tied 6 European titles with her.

It was you chimmed in every thread that Irina's name mentioned. Claim how Irina was so sick and still competing then going on putting in a dig on MK how lazy and unfair she take it easy. Don't ever try to accuse me for something that other ppl called on you at another board. Before called on someone else check out yourself first.

wvgal57 said:
Why do I have the feeling that if Michelle loses again in Turino you will still stalk the boards with critical remarks about anything the winner might chose to do in their life and constantly rehash old competitions. Michelle lost twice, fairly, and constant attempts to demean those skaters who beat her is shallow and not fruitful.
Again get your facts right. I hardly get involved in those old competetion threads. The feeling you have is about yourself what you might do when your favorate do not win. You are the one who stalk over the boards, and don't forget one time you even try to bull me to answer your question about MK. Don't speculating what I will do you are not my stomach worm.

Michelle gets over those losts long time ago. I said many times in this board that I'm only happy that she still here stands highe and competing. This is all that's matter to me now. I don't even speculate if she gose to Turino or not, the winning of #9 US title is the most she had cared, I'm glad that she got the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
I think we have enough trouble with Figure Skating Judging without trying to make being "Crown Worthy" part of criteria for winning the Ladies event. I think that's what the Miss America pageant is for.

DG

THANK You Doggygirl! Someone finally said it. Sarah Hughes, in the highest-level amateur athletic competition skated better in the LP than the heavily favoured top 3 and won for that excellent skate. She was not 'crowned' little perfect diminution of womanhood, she stood as an amateur athelete having survived the competition.

Leave the "worthiness" quotient out and let the best athelete leading with the best performance at that moment win. Irina or Michelle or Sasha have all won competitions based on their abilities/skills and performances and they will win in the future when they have the performances to do so.

OK, that last sentence was a bit obtuse, but I can't believe people are still rehashing 2002 with such disdain for Sarah having risen above what some people seem to smash in her face as glaring weaknesses.

As for her weight - she was 16 then and training everyday of her life. Now shes 20, a growing woman and coming off of 1.5 years of basic inactivity. Should she starve herself to regain her 16-year-old body?

Geez

Fossi

Final Flight
wvgal57 said:
You whine constantly anytime somebody else wins. It's okay to be disappointed but it's unfair to try to constantly try to tear these skaters down. You've been doing this to Irina all season, now you're onto Sarah, you do it to Sasha and I've seen some posts about Joannie and Shizuka. There do happen to be other talented skaters besides Michelle.

For a second there, I was going to accuse Mzheng of being Irina, until you mentioned he/she criticizes Irina. Wvgal, what you're accusing mzheng of is very similar to what Irina does. How does it make it wrong for Mzheng to do it, yet right for Irina?
Irina was bitter and made horrible comments about Sarah after Sarah beat her at Olympics.