2024 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Rhythm Dance

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I uploaded these videos in case anyone wanted the commentary with Asher Hill and Kurt Browning.

CBC TV coverage (1080p):

Lajoie & Lagha RD:

Guignard & Fabbri RD:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Streamable forcibly shrunk my original 1080p file to a smaller video resolution. I have no choice in the matter because Dailymotion rejected their music.

Fournier Beaudry & Soerensen RD (720p):

Fournier Beaudry & Soerensen Post-RD Interview (1080p):

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting. One of the Canadian commentators said during their FD commentary that Madison and Evan have been skating together for 15 years; and said during their RD commentary that they've been skating together for "nearly 15 years." That didn't sound right to me, so I looked it up. Madison and Evan announced their partnership in July of 2011, which makes it 12 years and 8 months (in March). So it'll be 13 years this next July. Why the exaggeration? Did they "round up" 2 to 3 years for any other competitors? It just isn't right and makes me question their motivation.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyway, thanks for all the RDs and FDs via the Canadian channel. :thank:

I particularly enjoyed Christina Carriera and Anthony Ponomarenko's skates. ❤️

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Interesting. One of the Canadian commentators said during their FD commentary that Madison and Evan have been skating together for 15 years; and said during their RD commentary that they've been skating together for "nearly 15 years." That didn't sound right to me, so I looked it up. Madison and Evan announced their partnership in July of 2011, which makes it 12 years and 8 months (in March). So it'll be 13 years this next July. Why the exaggeration? Did they "round up" 2 to 3 years for any other competitors? It just isn't right and makes me question their motivation.
I think you are looking for problems where there are none here. Nearly 15 years is exactly what this is. The general public wouldn't make a fuss about the approximation or the rounding up... At this point, what the commentators were implying is just that this is a seasoned team as opposed to a new teams. Who knows where they got their number, maybe just looking at dates and not wanting to calculate precisely or whatever... but seriously, it makes absolutely no difference: they could have said over 10 years. and it would also be fine. Same difference.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ummm, I think that's really reaching? The commentator probably didn't do all his homework (or did, and can't add). I mean, the number of times sports commentators in all fields have been known to stuff up is legendary. Whole books have been written about it, their mistakes, fumbles and mangling of the language.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ummm, I think that's really reaching? The commentator probably didn't do all his homework (or did, and can't add). I mean, the number of times sports commentators in all fields have been known to stuff up is legendary. Whole books have been written about it, their mistakes, fumbles and mangling of the language.
I wouldn't even call it stuffing up... It's barely significant.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I'm overruled, but in this case I think accuracy counts. I'm not bothered by commentators' mispronunciations of names ... everyone can't be an expert in multiple languages all the time ... so I guess we all have our mini-triggers. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So I'm overruled, but in this case I think accuracy counts. I'm not bothered by commentators' mispronunciations of names ... everyone can't be an expert in multiple languages all the time ... so I guess we all have our mini-triggers. :)
The reason you were "overruled" is not about accuracy or lack thereof. It was because you were implying that the commentator had an agenda for doing so. (question their motivation is what you used here) Imagine if some of us who are triggered by name mispronunciation assigned such thoughts to the commentators guilty of such evil crime ;) There is no controversy in either case just commentators doing their jobs with varying levels of precision.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But I never used the words "evil crime." It was just a feeling, the end.