Jason Brown | Page 421 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Tavi...

Record Breaker
USFS confirmed to me that they will live stream the team event Saturday night on their FB page.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS confirmed to me that they will live stream the team event Saturday night on their FB page.

Thx Tavi; interesting that the first sighting of Jason this year will be at a jump competition:biggrin:

And Courtney Hicks seems to think that Jason is the No. 1 man on "Dolensky's Destroyers":

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVp_CubB3Qw/?taken-by=courtneynhicks

As much as I love Jason, I have to say I think Alex K. might have the edge on a pure jump competition. But we know Jason is number one in everyone's hearts;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thx Tavi; interesting that the first sighting of Jason this year will be at a jump competition:biggrin:

And Courtney Hicks seems to think that Jason is the No. 1 man on "Dolensky's Destroyers":

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVp_CubB3Qw/?taken-by=courtneynhicks

As much as I love Jason, I have to say I think Alex K. might have the edge on a pure jump competition. But we know Jason is number one in everyone's hearts;)

Maybe "lady no 1" and "man no 1" just means they're up first?

Ross74

Medalist
Asmuch as I love Jason, I have to say I think Alex K. might have the edge on a pure jump competition. But we know Jason is number one in everyone's hearts;)

After seeing AlexK last night and today in person, I agree with that. He was rock solid. Pooja also did well. I think Team Delinsky might have a chance!

Maybe "lady no 1" and "man no 1" just means they're up first?

I'll go with that. It's also the order that they're listed.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... And Courtney Hicks seems to think that Jason is the No. 1 man on "Dolensky's Destroyers":

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVp_CubB3Qw/?taken-by=courtneynhicks ...

Friendly mention that the name of Tim's team is Dolensky's Dynamos.

I can't help pointing it out b/c Tim seems like such a gentle soul :luv17:. Would seem quite out of character (IMHO) for him to pick Destroyers as a name.

Not saying that Tim does not want to win and not saying that he does not want his team to compete their hearts out.
I just think that Dynamos sounds a lot more like him than Destroyers.

Off topic, but one of my favorite photos of Tim :ghug::

Back on topic, so happens that teammates Jason and Tim had dinner together tonight at the OTC -- with bobsledder Lauren Gibbs :cool:, who is an absolutely awesome friend-to-all-skaters:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so excited for the Aerial Challenge and to see Jason! :cheer: (And Max but that is offtopic for this thread :laugh: )

It will be 6am on a Sunday but I don't mind

Ross74

Medalist

I love that picture! I have a soft spot for Tim and enjoyed seeing him skate live yesterday as well as seeing him cheering for the other skaters. Tim does such a good job throwing himself in the air. Now if only he could get his feet under him more often. :)

Rohene was at the Open with Lee Graham, the guy who is shooting the choreographic series. Lee is apparently now on the staff of 7k. I'm curious in what capacity - his background is interesting. Speaking of choreo, I'm intrigued by Jordan's new short choreography. I think it was the potential to be really good, but it requires some very fast movements to keep up with the music. He's not even close yet, but I think it could be awesome.

Oops, this is Jason's thread. Can't wait to see his choreo whenever that happens. :)

Good to know! Thanks for checking on that.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love that picture! I have a soft spot for Tim and enjoyed seeing him skate live yesterday as well as seeing him cheering for the other skaters. Tim does such a good job throwing himself in the air. Now if only he could get his feet under him more often. :)

Rohene was at the Open with Lee Graham, the guy who is shooting the choreographic series. Lee is apparently now on the staff of 7k. I'm curious in what capacity - his background is interesting. Speaking of choreo, I'm intrigued by Jordan's new short choreography. I think it was the potential to be really good, but it requires some very fast movements to keep up with the music. He's not even close yet, but I think it could be awesome.

Oops, this is Jason's thread. Can't wait to see his choreo whenever that happens. :)

@Rosa74, thx so much for the first-hand reports! :thank: this may be Jason's thread, but I'm sure everyone appreciates *any* observations and first-hand scoops you have from your attendance at Broadmoor. I do love me some Timmy D spins, even if I find his music choices, um, challenging.... and that Lee Graham is now at 7k? Certainly an eclectic group;)

(and @ice coverage is absolutely right about the Dolensky team name, oops. Wishful thinking on my part:laugh: Go Dynamos!)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Jason had some trouble with both his 3As, but....

Anytime I see *anyone* posting about how TCC or WTT is a cheesefest, I will ask them if they saw this comp. :biggrin:

And to be as cool as Christopher Dean rocking a bespoke suit holding up numbered cards at a cheesy jumpfest.

:cool::cool::cool:

Goals.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason did a nice 3A-1Lo-3F-2T in the warm-up. Too bad it stayed there.

Agreed.

I actually like the Team format for this competition but I can't really figure out why he did it unless it was for charity. It seems like Alexei was the designated quad guy for the team.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Agreed.

I actually like the Team format for this competition but I can't really figure out why he did it unless it was for charity. It seems like Alexei was the designated quad guy for the team.

They were raising money for the JDRF. Also, there was prizemoney up for grabs for the winning team. I understand his thought processes.

Likewise, I understand Josh's for not doing it (there were a lot of very hard falls this morning which I feel like the format may have contributed to) and Max's for taking it very seriously (those quad toes were money).

*shrugs*

I kind of like the scruffy, not-quite-shaven look on him (and I was sad that Max had shaved, but not sad about that top. hahaha.)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
They were raising money for the JDRF. Also, there was prizemoney up for grabs for the winning team. I understand his thought processes.

Likewise, I understand Josh's for not doing it (there were a lot of very hard falls this morning which I feel like the format may have contributed to) and Max's for taking it very seriously (those quad toes were money).

*shrugs*

I kind of like the scruffy, not-quite-shaven look on him (and I was sad that Max had shaved, but not sad about that top. hahaha.)

I suppose the charity/fundraising thing is the likeliest because even the prize money for the winners isn't much divided among the team members.

I guess I expected to see him use it as an opportunity to try quads, so I was a bit surprised. Oh well.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Some of you might have seen the awesome fanart (including a few incredible popup cards) made by Yonk from Twitter. She has created a cartoon of her experience at the fan meeting during WTT, it was so cute (and any of us who ever met him in person could surely relate!) I thought it deserved a wider audience. So with her consent I made an English version. Enjoy :agree:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1396031567131206&type=1

jacky

On the Ice
I'm really worried for Jason this up coming season . I suppose being a bit of a over zelious Jason fan. heck I love the guy he my favorite sater I just don't want him too get so far behind in the world standings of figure skating. nd any skating fan already knows whatim talking about . the here it is the big q word .quad. god I am really starting too hate that word. I know its unfair of me too say it and there are so many great skaters out there that can Easley perform it a hundred times heck probably even blind folded buti would just like too see Jason Jason perform it and yes even master it. so he can still compete next too the great quad masters ifeel the time is running out and with the Olympics coming up I would really love too see him be able too go. and even posibably even win a medal for the usa time is so short and he is such a great skater in so many ways I am still keeping my fingers crossed for this season.and I will be watching every compition overall I fill our us men and ladies skaters need a lot of catching up too do in compairing too the restof the world ranking skaters outthere. 2018 world Olympics figure skating will be very interesting in the up and coming season. iwish all of our usa figure skaters the best this upcoming season including Jason brown and gracie gold .

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some of you might have seen the awesome fanart (including a few incredible popup cards) made by Yonk from Twitter. She has created a cartoon of her experience at the fan meeting during WTT, it was so cute (and any of us who ever met him in person could surely relate!) I thought it deserved a wider audience. So with her consent I made an English version. Enjoy :agree:

I'm so glad you posted this here! I was really taken with the cartoon and with Yonk's description of the meeting of the Jason fan club at WTT. I'm actually impressed by the entire Japanese fan art phenomenon, and hers are a step above. To be able to read the cartoon now, despite my non-existent Japanese, is even better. (And as horrible as Bing or Google translate can be, they at least translate something. Can't be done in a cartoon, except the old-fashioned way.

Kudos to Yonk and thank you for the translation!:clap:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

This is hilarious, adorable and completely sums up what it's like to meet Jason. :laugh:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States

This is awesome!!!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I :love: her fan art and her ability to capture the essence of Jason in her drawings. Thanks so much for translating! :thank:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Glad you all enjoyed the cartoon! I wish I had a talent like her but unfortunately I don't, so this is the least I can do! She was also happy that I translated for her, so perhaps I will be her official translator in the future :hap85: