Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

katymay

Medalist
And again they didn't take such tremendous talent as Marasanova :bang:
I suppose it's not only their fault though - but russian unnaturally deep field of young talents here is to blame too. So they are deciding each time to wait and see since they know very well that there definitely will be more talents ahead. It's hard to imagine any other country where girls such as Marasanova would be discarded from any show. Here is her performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uhtcfgse4 :love:

I remember her from Novice younger aged. I think she was in the middle of the pack, but I'm betting she is going to be a power jumper in the future. She is only 9, so maybe she will be asked back next year. I hope she doesn't get discouraged.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
she will be taken at the end;)

The rules are simple - mentors recruit children into their teams, according to the principle "I like it - I do not like it." But many go to the reserve, and can be taken later. Then when they compete with each other they will be judged by the system 6.0.

Wait, doesn't she say that in Czech? i hear something like "Cheska republika fun<something> za mne"

Thanks, I did not understand the system when the skaters receive red from all and yet can continue.

She has said: "Česká republiko, fanděte za mě."

Which of course means: "Czech Republic, root for/cheer for/support me."

While it seems that there is some russian influence in her language, the part I've underlined shoud be correctly "fanděte mi" (in czech "to me"), not "fanděte za mě" ("for me") :)

Which is not critique at all. She is twelve, in foreign country, able to communicate in russian, having the courage to go to such competition.

She also says her mother calls her "Barča", which is czech diminutive for "Barbora" :luv17:

I hope she will have succesful career in the future. After all, czech figure skating needs strong ladies as a salt (czech saying). It was very popular sport here once (times of Ája Vrzáňová, Hana Mašková, Petr Barna, even when Tomáš Verner won Europeans 11 years ago it still had its popularity), but through the last years it unfortunately lost much of public interest.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Really like the intro videos, with the kids showing they draw and paint, are proud over their bookcases and literacy. Rare these days when many kids are only displaying their boredom on social media.

It seems that people (incl. kids), who are active in one field, are active in the others as well. One can be just amazed how they can have time and energy for that after all those trainings, when they still have to handle school.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Thanks, I did not understand the system when the skaters receive red from all and yet can continue.

Actually, it is something like a yellow light: you can be taken to the project only if there still will be a place for you after the coaches had seen the other kids.

The coaches do so to see the other kids.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Actually, it is something like a yellow light: you can be taken to the project only if there still will be a place for you after the coaches had seen the other kids.

The coaches do so to see the other kids.

I see. That makes sense.

Manitou

Medalist
Trankov didn't get any kid this time, which is surprising to me, as he was the best coach last season. At least in my opinion. Kids tend to choose Navka, probably because they want a mom rather than a coach.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
One would assume the contestants will be equally divided over the teams after the casting has finished, as I cannot imagine the appeal of the bearded guy with the cap (Kostomarov) on these very young kids.
Trankov didn't get any kid this time, which is surprising to me, as he was the best coach last season. At least in my opinion.

Trankov needs a beard. :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Now, lets see how the young contestants chose their trainers/mentors, and how the rest will be divided to make even teams. Will the kids be choosen purely for their skating skills and chances of advancing, or will the usual criteria of 'screen appeal' be applied?

The first contestant, Liza from Snow Leopards rink, showed MJ moonwalks on ice, good start. Also she showed some of her physical exercises at the rink's gym, including bench presses!

The second contestant, Kirill from Ak Bars(?) rink, performed to a heavy rock song by Bon Jovi, dressed in leather vest and pants, very effective of course for a young boy in a TV show.

The third contestant, 9 year old Kseniya has her figure skating future all planned out already ;-) Huge collection of medals, showing she is an experienced competitor. LOL, she wanted to work with Trankov, but only Kostomarov gave her the green light.

Really nice show, with the kids at ease and natural in their behaviour. Most of them have been skating for more than half of their lives already, and know how to behave under the scrutiny of judges and in the spotlights.

Pleased with Trankov choosing Masha from Kostroma to his team, for figure skating is not only practiced in Moscow and Sankt Peterburg, but all over Russia.

Pleased with Kostomarov and Dzhastina (Justina), who both seemed really pleased with being partnered. After Justina explained why she fell on her jump, TAT made her repeat the triple Lutz, and she passed the test.

The final pair with their Celtic dance I really liked, especially the way they talked about each other and they are only together for two months in this pairing. Shows how boys and girls can perfectly work together to the advantage of both.

TAT divided three reserve girls, three reserve boys and one reserve pair over the mentors and wished them all a happy journey through the competition that will start with the next show.

Again, the production values and camera work was top notch, presenting the contestants in the best light and angles. Good promotion to figure skating for children and their parents i would think.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
:) My favourite rubric: some funny episodes (April 7 2019)

Navka: Your skating was very beautiful. I have a question to you: do you ever smile when you are skating?
Sofia: Sometimes I do. (laughs)
Navka: Sometimes you do? (laughs) Your skating was rather confident, rather clean, yet somehow you were looking down the whole time. Right?
Yagudin: It just seems to you, because you are sitting too high.
/.../ (Kostomarov asks if she has other jumps. She says she has.) /.../
Tarasova: Jump now, dear! Jump!
Yagudin: Listen here! Let's discuss it. Look, we have an opportunity to miss an element now, right? What about advising the judges to see your successful tries in the internet?
(Sofia says she will jump)
Yagudin: Can you? So what are we going to jump?
Sofia: 3 flip.
/.../
Yagudin: OK. The audience is applauding you. The main thing, smile please after the successfully completed 3 flip. Agreed? Go ahead!
(Sofia jumps) /.../
Yagudin: Well, give me five! Congratulations! /.../ Look, are you satisfied with it?
Sofia: Yes.
Yagudin: Did you smile when you had done the flip? No. And Tatiana Navka... (Sofia says something) You didn't manage to make it in time? Sure! Look, Tatiana Navka can teach you to smile. What a nice smile she has! /.../ Well done. Congratulations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoc6MNVSbo&t=3m38s

Mikheeva: To say the truth, it is the first time on this project that I see happy tears. Arina, what about choosing your coach?
Arina: With pleasure.
Mikheeva: So?..
Yagudin: Wait a bit. Anyhow this is a dancing duet, not just Arina decides. I know, that in every family in 99 cases per cent the woman decides, but he exists too. Dima.
Mikheeva: Have you decided?
Dima: Yes.
Mikheeva: What do you think, do your opinions jibe?
Arina, Dima: Yes.
Mikheeva: Can you say it together?
Yagudin: Let it be only the last name. So...
Dima: Averbukh!
Arina: bukh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqsiW_bb98A&t=5m11s

Trankov: Do you jump 2A-3T?
Anastasia: Well, not consistently.
Trankov: I see.
Yagudin: Yet you do jump, right?
Anastasia: It happens.
Yagudin: She does, she does!
(Averbukh explains, that the red light doesn't mean "no" and etc.)
Yagudin: What an evil guy! Right?
(Anastasia shakes her head no)
Yagudin: No? How he was throwing a scare into you! Well, OK.
/.../
Tarasova: I say "yes" to you. I think your technic is good, you are musical, this nice project should have a place for you. Yet the coaches decide on their own, I can't interfere, I only can advise them.
Yagudin: Tatiana Anatolievna, you have interfered in my life once...
Tarasova: I hadn't interfered before you asked me to.
Yagudin (to Anastasia): I'll tell you a story. I was waiting for my turn to skate, when I suddenly felt someone pricked me from the back...
Tarasova: I never pricked you, I could give you a pinch.
Yagudin: I turned around and saw nobody. Then it happened again. /.../ Somebody pricked me again. I turned around again, I saw nothing. Do you know what it was? Tatiana Anatolievna took a pin and pricked me. Do you know why? It seemed to her I wasn't concentrated. So please, Tatiana Anatolievna, take a pin and prick the coaches, so that this wonderful girl would be taken to our project!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uhtcfgse4&t=4m34s

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This page now has the finalized teams: https://www.1tv.ru/shows/lednikovyy-period-deti/uchastniki-2019, with all of their routines for replay.
The official Youtube channel should follow soon: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR7_eJ_lYr7CedzMmgLIRyA

Good showings and best of luck to all the contestants.

What sets this particular Russian installment of a worldwide popular formula apart is that all the kids have real talent, the result of ample opportunities provided by FFKKR and all the local rinks.

I assume the whole series of shows was recorded on consecutive days over a week or so, but everyone is under a NDA?

I rewatched some of the performances and really liked the camera gliding along with the skaters, would like to see that in a big competition too.
But ISU demands a boarding at any official competition, so ....

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Pleased with Kostomarov and Dzhastina (Justina), who both seemed really pleased with being partnered.

Yet they chose her and abandoned Sinyavina instead - who was much better in jumps, skating skills and even presentation :drama: I'll never understand these judges :noshake: Just see for yourself (they performed one after another too):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbj_rRs_Q6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_711uVxUgJw
:shrug:
And I am not even talking about the fact that Melkumova with THAT performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-jW9pAuJAw demonstrating skating skills on par with Kosrtornaya's -
was chosen only by one judge :palmf:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yet they chose her and abandoned Sinyavina instead - who was much better in jumps, skating skills and even presentation :drama: I'll never understand these judges :noshake: Just see for yourself (they performed one after another too):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbj_rRs_Q6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_711uVxUgJw
:shrug:
And I am not even talking about the fact that Melkumova with THAT performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-jW9pAuJAw demonstrating skating skills on par with Kosrtornaya's -
was chosen only by one judge :palmf:

I’ve rewatched the casting now and it appeared to me Sinyavina wasn’t chosen because she performed to a sweet and beautiful Tina Karol song in Ukrainian language. Both TAT and Nafka didn’t like that. Sinyavina explained her trainer choose the song about stars and TAT criticized the 10 year old skater for not gazing at the stars often enough.

I am amazed how the kids took the often strong criticism directed towards them.

Agreed. One never knows what exactly motivates the captains to choose their team. Perhaps they look too much ahead at the coming competing rounds, since they all have been competitors themselves and apply the competitive criteria too early? Also, with the captains being dance partners, they tend to favour the artistic/presentation/show qualities over the skating qualities was the impression I got from their evaluations.
All the kids are competitors, with dozens of medals each already, they know the drill and the fact that you cannot win each and every time.

It is television, amusement for the masses, so probably different rules apply, drama comes first, and we have TAT to create drama.

All kids have been screen tested, both how they look (bright eyes, smiles, good teeth (!)), how they talk, how they behave. Kids this age are generally still pure and completely honest, unspoilt. Only the girls showed their talisman, their dolls to which they talk and share secrets with.

Glad the most interesting skaters made the cut and we'll have a chance to see them in action again.

An "Ice Age, Children" show of this caliber is only possible in Russia and very pleasant to watch because of the actual performances and production values.
Here we have the n-th season of "The Voice, Kids" only, with rapper artists that don't even know their clefs from their semi-breves as team captains, argh :-( This formula has grown stale by now.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
flanker, if you read this, your compatriot says hello.
Do I understand correctly that Barbora says "Czech Republic, сheer for me"?

Czech accent quite funny :)

I see that Barbora was sent to Trankov :(
I wanted her to be with Averbukh, or anybody else but Trankov, I don't like this guy at all.