108,000 Attend Yuzuru Hanyu's Victory Parade | Page 2 | Golden Skate

108,000 Attend Yuzuru Hanyu's Victory Parade

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
In addition to the live crowd, the TV ratings for the parade was 48.9% in Sendai :drama:

yude

Record Breaker
Yuzuru also donated all his prize money from JOC and JSF after Sochi Olympics, so basically he got nothing (except for other awards and the gifts) by getting two Olympic gold medals. And he has done that at the age of 23. So much respect, that's all I can say :bow:

For someone being curious what happened in Tohoku, Japan in 2011, this is HP of Reconstruction Agency of the government. (Although many members in this forum might remember this since the Worlds was postponed after the disaster happened.)

http://www.reconstruction.go.jp/english/

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Seeing the crowd, the honours awarded, the whole splendour and celebratory attitude about Yuzuru and the parade really makes me actually feel the joy and emotion taken from all people who gathered to celebrate not only Yuzuru's success, but him in general, as a person - and for me, it is exactly as I have with his skating, I just can feel it and experience it deeply even only watching on TV. One of my biggest skating dreams is to see him life, show or competition.

Cannot help, but I also feel like his persona in general (not only skating personality/figure) unites more than divides - it's just about sportsmanship, work ethic, strive and poise for the sport he represents, the attitude combined of course with success made figure skating a bigger and better thing in my opinion. Seeing parade like that, made to honour person Yuzuru is, for me is a celebration of that special spirit he has to gather people together, to make some purpose out of it. I have no doubt he will be an amazing figure skating ambassador after retiring from competition, but he is one even now.

He has not only a big heart and soul for competition, but also for others, his city, area he grew up - a perfect example of person who gives out same amount as he gets, if not more. Even the parade itself is an example of that - somehow I bet that it gave much more thrill, positivity, excitement to all who attended than to Yuzuru;).And yeah - another rockstar thing, the 'version' of Yuzuru I like the most:laugh:

FCSSp4

Rinkside
Kudos to the people of Sendai and everyone else who attended. I also read that despite the huge crowd, the was barely any litter! So great to see this kind of celebration for Yuzuru, he deserves it!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Seeing the crowd, the honours awarded, the whole splendour and celebratory attitude about Yuzuru and the parade really makes me actually feel the joy and emotion taken from all people who gathered to celebrate not only Yuzuru's success, but him in general, as a person - and for me, it is exactly as I have with his skating, I just can feel it and experience it deeply even only watching on TV. One of my biggest skating dreams is to see him life, show or competition.

Cannot help, but I also feel like his persona in general (not only skating personality/figure) unites more than divides - it's just about sportsmanship, work ethic, strive and poise for the sport he represents, the attitude combined of course with success made figure skating a bigger and better thing in my opinion. Seeing parade like that, made to honour person Yuzuru is, for me is a celebration of that special spirit he has to gather people together, to make some purpose out of it. I have no doubt he will be an amazing figure skating ambassador after retiring from competition, but he is one even now.

He has not only a big heart and soul for competition, but also for others, his city, area he grew up - a perfect example of person who gives out same amount as he gets, if not more. Even the parade itself is an example of that - somehow I bet that it gave much more thrill, positivity, excitement to all who attended than to Yuzuru;).And yeah - another rockstar thing, the 'version' of Yuzuru I like the most:laugh:

Couldn't have said it better! Yuzuru is not only the greatest skater of all time, he has a heart of gold and deserves all the celebrations he gets.

Also he's my sweet boi, I am such a proud mama :sad4::medal":medal"

sakurano

Final Flight
Wow he is welcomed like a king and he deserves it, he is so generous and he has to work hard for that.

The cakes look delicious XD

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! Yuzu really is deserving of this parade! He must be such a sweetie! I just love his supportive/friendly relationship/interactions with Javi, Brian, & Tracy!

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
100k people truly is remarkable. Congratulations Yuzu <3 you deserve it and more

Danny T

Medalist
That's what he deserves :dance3:

It is heartwarming to see the outpouring support from so many, especially those in his hometown. OTOH, it is insane that the parade didn't even use any taxpayer money. They even have a surplus(!!) As twitter says, #hanyuconomy indeed :yahoo:

Danibellerika

Medalist
This parade was just amazing! I loved the marching band playing his program music :laugh:.

https://twitter.com/asahi_photo/status/988298202838286336 - I got a real kick out of this picture with everyone having their devices out, too. Just incredible! :eek::eek::eek:

I think about some of the biggest comic cons they have here in the states like San Diego's and New York's. They need a million things going on and million celebrities coming in to draw the numbers they do. Yet this parade attendance rivals those numbers for just ONE person. This guy really is something else and he looked so happy in those pics. Icon, Legend, GOAT. He's all of it for me and he more than deserves this. :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:

vunhung3001

Rinkside
I'm so happy for Yuzuru. He is talented, humble and inspiring. He has done so much not only for the sport but also for his country. He, more than anyone else, deserves this honor for his hard-work and continuous effort.

lady_bee

Medalist
In addition to the live crowd, the TV ratings for the parade was 48.9% in Sendai :drama:

No wonder:biggrin:.
There are 6 TV stations in Sendai(2-NHKs, 4-locals), and 5 of them except NHK-educational were live broadcasting the parade. We had no choice:laugh2:

I was too lazy to attend the parade, which was just 30-min walk form my home, still I could enjoy surfing the TV with various guest commentators, Mura, Kozuka, Akiko, Fumie and more.

Yoa

On the Ice
Yuzuru said "thank you" 294 times during parade
360 camera with a close-up on Yuzuru's medal :luv17:
Temperature that day was 29,9 degrees (Celsius) - the hottest day of April in history of Sendai. But because of breeze, temperature during parade decreased to 23,8 degrees. The next day it was 14 degrees and rainy. So weather was on Yuzuru's side :)
Streets after the parade. So clean :agree:
This is hilarious :rofl: Brian t-shirt with a famous "good boy" quote.

And tomorrow Yuzuru will attend Emperor's Garden Party :biggrin:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Yuzuru said "thank you" 294 times during parade
360 camera with a close-up on Yuzuru's medal :luv17:
Temperature that day was 29,9 degrees (Celsius) - the hottest day of April in history of Sendai. But because of breeze, temperature during parade decreased to 23,8 degrees. The next day it was 14 degrees and rainy. So weather was on Yuzuru's side :)
Streets after the parade. So clean :agree:
This is hilarious :rofl: Brian t-shirt with a famous "good boy" quote.

And tomorrow Yuzuru will attend Emperor's Garden Party :biggrin:

Quite the social butterfly, that one.