2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
they don't I will be shocked if P/B gets an medal in Olympics
they are like K/S now, they have been dropped their PCS were also low too

They aren't being dropped. They didn't skate up to their usual abilities because he had been injured. If they had skated like they did earlier in the season they would have came in 3rd or 4th.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I agree this year that P&B werent dropped, they simply got injured at the wrong time. However next year they will be dropped, or more accurately perhaps they wont be regaining their former place. The 3 younger teams who beat them at Worlds this year will stay ahead of them, B&S with Olympics on home ice will get a huge push and be the ones to beat for the bronze going into the season, but C&L and W&P are going to push hard to improve and have a shot at it as well. P&B will finish around what they did in Vancouver 6th or 7th.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
I missed this, and will need to catch up with videos etc- but wow, W/P!! To still be in the top 5 after Kaitlyn's injury and rehab, and after the revamping of their FD- I'm super impressed!

herios

Medalist
They aren't being dropped. They didn't skate up to their usual abilities because he had been injured. If they had skated like they did earlier in the season they would have came in 3rd or 4th.

Exactly. One bad skate, especially after such an injury, doesn't make a trend. Sometimes I find some statements here quite hilarious, how quickly the fans change their mind. A year exactly ago, I remrmbr that I/K were crowned the number one team in Russia , as B/S were finishing 8th, 3 spots behind I/K. Now look how that worked out!

herios

Medalist
I agree this year that P&B werent dropped, they simply got injured at the wrong time. However next year they will be dropped, or more accurately perhaps they wont be regaining their former place. The 3 younger teams who beat them at Worlds this year will stay ahead of them, B&S with Olympics on home ice will get a huge push and be the ones to beat for the bronze going into the season, but C&L and W&P are going to push hard to improve and have a shot at it as well. P&B will finish around what they did in Vancouver 6th or 7th.

I am ready to bet with you that your predictions won't come true :laugh:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I am ready to bet with you that your predictions won't come true :laugh:

Go ahead. When people make those bets with me I always end up right. I will happily bookmark this thread and bring it back up a year from now, like I often do in other threads, and in none of them thus far am I the one who has egg on my face (while the other party usually has mysteriously dissapeared from the boards, hopefully you wont follow that route when you end up wrong). Do you actually think P&B will be on the podium in Sochi, LOL! Even if I end up slightly wrong on 6th or 7th, they wont be 3rd, I guarantee that much. I actually like them and strongly dislike B&S but am not blind to reality.

herios

Medalist
Go ahead. When people make those bets with me I always end up right. I will happily bookmark this thread and bring it back up a year from now, like I often do in other threads, and in none of them thus far am I the one who has egg on my face (while the other party usually has mysteriously dissapeared from the boards, hopefully you wont follow that route when you end up wrong). Do you actually think P&B will be on the podium in Sochi, LOL! Even if I end up slightly wrong on 6th or 7th, they wont be 3rd, I guarantee that much. I actually like them and strongly dislike B&S but am not blind to reality.

I am not saying they will medal, but I thik they will end up in the top 5, that is where if healthy belong.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I am not saying they will medal, but I thik they will end up in the top 5, that is where if healthy belong.

Well ì think they could be top 5, so I guess if they finish 4th or 5th neither of us will be wrong. I guess you think they still have a shot at 3rd though and could be anywhere from 3rd to 5th, and I think they could be anywhere from 4th to 7th, and more likely will be 5th or lower though. We will see what happens. Like I said I like them, but I dont see them pulling all the way back over all the younger teams who placed over them at Worlds and who will have great momentum in various ways:

-Bobrova & Soloviev: Olympics on home ice, and even before Worlds were starting to match and sometimes beat P&B in PCS.
-Capellini & Lanotte: Obviously just been getting better every year for awhile, and the wuzrobbed cries around them will be heard by judges.
-Weaver & Poje: Came to Worlds with even less preperation and quite a bit more injured than P&B and came from well back after the SD to outskate them and beat them. Many experts thought they were already a better team than P&B as early as early 2012, when some were upset they didnt beat P&B at the big events to end the season (and I am talking more European experts than Canadian btw)
-Chock & Bates: finished directly behind P&B at Worlds this year, beat them in the FD, and are a very new team who is getting better at a fast rate.

I think for their Sochi chances competing at these Worlds if they werent fully prepared (as it seems they werent) was a bad idea, but by not going they could have lost some ground too, so it was a tough choice.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Exactly. One bad skate, especially after such an injury, doesn't make a trend. Sometimes I find some statements here quite hilarious, how quickly the fans change their mind. A year exactly ago, I remrmbr that I/K were crowned the number one team in Russia , as B/S were finishing 8th, 3 spots behind I/K. Now look how that worked out!

Yes, and all the complaints on this board that S/S were underscored and V/T were held up in previous recent comps.. then S/S are actually held up in 2nd after a subpar skate, and people complain that they are OVERscored.

herios

Medalist
Well ì think they could be top 5, so I guess if they finish 4th or 5th neither of us will be wrong. I guess you think they still have a shot at 3rd though and could be anywhere from 3rd to 5th, and I think they could be anywhere from 4th to 7th, and more likely will be 5th or lower though. We will see what happens. Like I said I like them, but I dont see them pulling all the way back over all the younger teams who placed over them at Worlds and who will have great momentum in various ways:

-Bobrova & Soloviev: Olympics on home ice, and even before Worlds were starting to match and sometimes beat P&B in PCS.
-Capellini & Lanotte: Obviously just been getting better every year for awhile, and the wuzrobbed cries around them will be heard by judges.
-Weaver & Poje: Came to Worlds with even less preperation and quite a bit more injured than P&B and came from well back after the SD to outskate them and beat them. Many experts thought they were already a better team than P&B as early as early 2012, when some were upset they didnt beat P&B at the big events to end the season (and I am talking more European experts than Canadian btw)
-Chock & Bates: finished directly behind P&B at Worlds this year, beat them in the FD, and are a very new team who is getting better at a fast rate.

I think for their Sochi chances competing at these Worlds if they werent fully prepared (as it seems they werent) was a bad idea, but by not going they could have lost some ground too, so it was a tough choice.

P/B needed to compete to preserve 2 spots for the Olympics for France. As far as what each team will do next year, let's see what programs they come up with first. A lot depends on the vehicle, do you ride a Lamborghini or a Subaru, not the same thing

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

that was how its started with W/P, little by little some other teams passed them on PCS
by next season some PCS from other skaters would pass by P/B

Ice Dance is heavily PCS based

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gee, skyfly, what happened to your predictions about V/M winning and Osmond locked in for a medal?

Go ahead. When people make those bets with me I always end up right. I will happily bookmark this thread and bring it back up a year from now, like I often do in other threads...

Did you bookmark the thread a year or so ago where you predicted that Julia Lipnitskia would win 2014 Olympics, 2018 Olympics, and everything in between? ;)

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
It was such a great event - loved it!
Glad Meryl & Charlie won, never actually liked their FD that much but wow in that worlds free it REALLY grew on me. Loved it, and the passion was incredible.

moon

On the Ice
P/B definitely did not get dropped. Their PCS were extremeley close to B/S. They got marked down in PE, Cc and It and in their elements which makes sense due to Fabians injury. In my opinion every teams PCS from 1 to 20 were exactly what they deserved. The PCS clearly represented the overall quality of each team. Some didnt have their best skates and some had fantastic skates which was reflected in their TES.

Let's talk about the costumes. What do you think about that?

It seems to be that the time of sequins-monsters and the neon-colours are definitely over. Even the Russians changed to a much more down to earth and minimalist style.

But I would have given at least 3 costume deductions at the FD event: The upper part of Virtue's and Weaver's dresses show too much nudity. Especially Weaver's dress is not suitable for an athletic sport, you can see everything. And the sleeves of Lanotte's shirt are too long, I mean it is too much fabric, you cant see if he can stretch his arms.

My favorites are those three:
1. Virtue / Moir's SD-Dress
2. Carron / Jones' FD-Dress
3. Weaver / Pojer's SD-Dress

Bad examples:
1. Zlobina / Sitnikov's SD-Dress (looks more suitable for a novice-couple)
2. Reed / Reed SD-Dress (the extrem-red of her dress strikes the brown / golden upper part of his dress)
3. Gilles / Poirier's FD-Dress (sorry, I cant help, but her dress looks cheap, like a prostitute)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Did you bookmark the thread a year or so ago where you predicted that Julia Lipnitskia would win 2014 Olympics, 2018 Olympics, and everything in between? ;)

I was trolling when it comes to Lipnitskaya and you know that full well. I was basically mocking a few of her over the top fans (who seem to have dissapeared now, what a shock). My run of comments make it clear I am not that high on the Russian girls other than possibly Tuktamysheva, and find them as a whole quite overrated.

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 189.56 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, Interview
2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 185.04 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.19 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 168.04 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 166.20 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 165.60 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 163.93 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 157.71 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
9. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 157.52 Free Dance, 2nd Copy