2014-15 Grand Prix assignments | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Grand Prix assignments

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am soo happy Mirai got Skate America!

- Plus Nagasu received two assignments -- also Rostelecom Cup. :)

- Gao received Cup of China and NHK. Glad to know that she is competing this season. :)

- Sad that Aaron/Settlage did not get a pair assignment. :eek:hwell:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Early predictions.

Radionova gets a very controversial silver at Skate America.

Pogo wins SC

Yulia wins COC

2 Rus girls on the podium in both COR and TEB

Sotnikova wins NHK

Any thoughts on Leonova this season? Will she make a comeback or is she done?

anyanka

Record Breaker
shes just having fun and doing it for herself I guess
very bad entry draws for her, no medals for her I think in the GP

I like her spunk and determination, but I also think there won't be any medals for her either. But if there are any, then that's great for her. Hope she enjoys her season! :)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
For the ladies in my mind every event will be won by a Russian girl (which I have zero problems with hurr hurr) but Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold are also girls in my mind who will make them work for it or even take the title. I have hopes that So Youn Park can medal at both of hers and that Zijun and Kaetlyn will be injury free and skate satisfactory programs but I don't have much optimism for them to medal. My personal pick for winner of the GPF is Yulia but it can go a lot of ways (like a Russian sweep?!).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The date below the assignements is "May 8, 2014"... :confused:

Hopefully that is when the spreadsheet/page was created and now updated. It would be funny if it was all wrong though:slink:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Happy about the Skate American picks! I'm so glad that I sprung for tickets, especially now that I know I'll get to see Jason live. I thought they might send Abbott and assumed that they wouldn't put him and Jason in the same competition.

Rostelecom Cup
Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV AZE
Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR
Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN RUS
Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS
Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON USA
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA
Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA

Yes, this one looks FUN. I'm excited not just for the Battle of the Ex-Partners but also the competition among the American pairs. It will be interesting to see how Hawayek/Baker compare to the other two teams.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Yes, this one looks FUN. I'm excited not just for the Battle of the Ex-Partners but also the competition among the American pairs. It will be interesting to see how Hawayek/Baker compare to the other two teams.

Agreed! Although I wonder if the two teams draw even and a third pair sneaks through ahead of them: Stepanova and Bukin? More likely Chock/Bates if anyone? Or maybe the Brits (that one would make my jaw drop)?

anyanka

Record Breaker
Very glad to see Yuko & Sasha get assignments this year despite missing the Olympic season! Let's see how they perform.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Agreed! Although I wonder if the two teams draw even and a third pair sneaks through ahead of them: Stepanova and Bukin? More likely Chock/Bates if anyone? Or maybe the Brits (that one would make my jaw drop)?

I kind of doubt Coomes/Buckland are a threat. The new rule changes to put more emphasis on footwork really doesn't aid them.
If anyone jumps in front, I'd say Chock/Bates. The surprise would be Hawayek/Baker.
I'd love to see I/Z make podium and S/K not...

phaeljones

On the Ice
. . . Yay for Han Yan and Song together with Yuzuru in CoC :biggrin:

This one, with Yuzuru going to CoC (although I should have no reason to be surprised) is a personal disappointment for me because I wanted to see him skate live this year. He will not be competing in any senior event in North America and I would have made the effort to go and see him if he was.

Out of the line-ups, the next biggest surprise (for me) is that Nam Nyguen is moving up to the senior circuit. Orser and him know best, for sure, and I will be cheering my heart for him, but a big part of me wishes that he had stayed in junior along the rest of his gang to develop more outside of the pressure cooker that is the senior circuit.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The date below the assignements is "May 8, 2014"... :confused:

Yes, I was wondering about the May 8 date stamp too -- at least for Men and Ladies.
(The Ice Dance and Pairs documents are dated today, June 27.)

I find it strange also that none of the U.S. skaters has tweeted any reaction to the assignments. :think:
(Some of the Canadian skaters have been tweeting.)

Oh yes, the Uber! UBER! Drama! awaits all of us ID fans at Rostlecom.

Actually, the ID slots as a whole are rather fascinating. Where for example are Carron and Jones? Did they call it quits? It looks like the Shibs are the solid #2 US team at this point. And that Skate Canada has Gilles and Poirier as their #2 at this point. And that Bobrova and Soloviev are given Favored Pair Status in Russia.

The drama is just beginning though!

Pass that popcorn!

:popcorn:

I KNOW!!!! :yay: I am literally so excited!!!! This season promises to be interesting!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'm very excited for Elena and Ruslan. I think the Cup of China and the Rostelecom Cup will be good events for them. I wish we got to see Nelli and Ruslan competing against each other this year though.

Very excited for the Rostelecom Showdown... There. Will. Be. Blood.
(just kidding)

YLFan

Match Penalty
Best events on paper to me...

Pairs: China

Men: Hard to decide. America, China, NHK look good to me.

Dance: Russia

Ladies: None of the lineups blow me away to be honest. I will say TEB

For me best event on paper might be China. Canada the worst.