2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 148 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Spinerette

On the Ice
Agreed, but at 15, Polina is a better artist than the 17 year old 2014 Olympic Gold Medalist. What was Adelina's choregraphy for her FS? David Lease from The Skating Lesson website (he maintains with Jenny Kirk) was quoted as saying that it looked like she was playing tug of war with herself out there. My theory is that she's deaf and can't hear the music. It would certainly explain her general lack of musicality. Like several of her PCS component scores, her interpretation marks make me wonder if some of the judges were tone deaf and rhythmically challenged or were they just cheating their @$$es off?

Adelina herself has even said that she doesn't hear the music when she skates.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Any fan cam of Mao's FS? Can't believe how much I enjoy the full rink view, even though I could barely see the skaters' faces.

CNY_Skater

Rinkside
What did Yuna Kim say about Mao ? I heard that she spoke about her but I couldn't find anything

Yuna was warming up while Mao skated her free program and got to watch her skate. When Mao was in tears after she finished, Yuna said she felt the same emotion and had to swallow tears herself. During Mao's interview with Japanese TV, she said she congratulated Yuna after the event and Yuna praised her for the great effort in the free program + they took a picture together.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No.

I'm going to stop you right there. You do not get to say crap like that.

You have been not just one of the worst haters, you have been THE worst hater of Sotnikova.

We can't even count the number of times you've called her a headcase and said disparaging things about her. Adelina essentially just told all her haters - including you, sky_fly - to shove it with a gold-winning performance (or at least a performance worthy of the podium).

Stop trying to pretend like you haven't been one of her biggest haters, all along. None of us are buying that. :rolleye::rolleye::rolleye:

best post in this ridiculous thread :laugh:

CarneAsada

Medalist
best post in this ridiculous thread :laugh:
Back in the bad old days of Adelina hatred, sky_fly20 once confessed to us:
"I used to be her biggest fan"

But why did you stop?
"I hate headcases"

sky_fly20 is just rediscovering his/her love of Amazing Adelina. :laugh: And I couldn't be happier for the two of them.

juppiter

Rinkside
Thanks for YouTube links. It infuriates me that NBC Olympics takes videos down from YouTube when they are not available on their site. And if they are, it is way too hard to find.

Where is Mao Asada's 2014 LP? Would love to re-watch

juppiter

Rinkside
Yuna was warming up while Mao skated her free program and got to watch her skate. When Mao was in tears after she finished, Yuna said she felt the same emotion and had to swallow tears herself. During Mao's interview with Japanese TV, she said she congratulated Yuna after the event and Yuna praised her for the great effort in the free program + they took a picture together.

Best frenemies ever. Will miss their rivalry. To me, they should have been 1 and 2 in the free program again.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Re-watched all 4 LP again. It should be 1. Mao, 2. Yuna, 3. Caro. I don't know if Adeline should be 4, as I haven't re-watch others' . Personally I would put Adelina within tier 2 or 3 of pcs level, nowhere close to tier 1.

Yes, Mao has been definitely lowballed in PCS, and also TES.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Sweet story. I will miss these two amazing ladies. Thank you for sharing!

EricRohmer

On the Ice

Adding to this, Yuna said “The person who can understand the most well about the pressure (from whole nation) that I & Mao have each, will be we two(each other), I guess.“ :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In a perfect world, the final result would have been:
1st-Yuna
2nd-Carolina
3rd-Adelina
4th-Mao

Adelina did belong on the podium based on her two strong skates. If she were the bronze medalist, no one (well, actually, only a tiny minority) would be complaining.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I wrote before that i want to support Adelina, because it seemed that everyone forgot about her and concentrated on Yulia. I'm from Ukraine and here we always a bit more supportive to the Russian athlets than to others. But no this time. I just love figure skating so much, and what happened at the Olympics just kills skating as a sport.

Carolina was robbed of silver. Yuna was robbed of gold. And Adelina was robbed of long and great sport career. Maybe she doesn't understand it now, but i think she will. If she had won bronze it still could have been a great achivement and good base for the further development. I'm sure she is capable of more. Especially what concernes musicality, interpritation, choreography, body lines. But whether she is ready for the next four years of hard and exhausting trainings and a lot of sacrifices when she already has a OGM? Where to find a motivation? She haven't won Europeans or Worlds but is it so important for her after the Olympics?

South Korea needed Yuna, yuna did it come back for her country more than for her personally. But will Russia need Adelina in 2018? Especially with all this wonderbabies ready to come? I doubt.