Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Edmonton, Alberta
2016 Skate Canada Challenge

Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre,
2051 Leger Road, Edmonton, Alberta T6R 0R9 Canada,

December 2 - December 6

This thread is for all the younger skaters who will be competing at Skate Challenge. If you are watching them, I hope you will tell us about any special kids you notice!

Thanks CdnSk8fan!

Rink A http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fu1vr_2016-skate-canada-challenge-rink-a_sport

Rink B http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fu27f_2015-skate-canada-challenge-rink-b_sport

Rink C http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fu2fp_2016-skate-canada-challenge-rink-c_sport

Last edited:

kalamalka

Rinkside
The top 3 pre-novice men are all within half a point after the SP (35.82-36.22), with similar technical content - so no standout as Gogolev was last year.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
And Stephen Gogolev leads (by far) after the short program. Nice competition in novice, better than the seniors, who were depressing.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
OMG 2 Canadian record scores...what programs from Gogolev and Turcotte! Amazing!
Stephen did 3A, 3Lz3T, 3s2L, 2A, 3Lz, 3L, 3F2T, 3S, plus amazing spins...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Does anybody know how old are Stephen Gogolev and Bruce Waddell? I like Stephen a lot, but I can't believe I fell in love with a kid. Bruce is so musical, I couldn't believe my eyes. I adore him. But there are no videos with him on you tube. Just a few on dailymotion. Hope they grow quickly as I hate to wait too much.

nadster

Final Flight
Does anybody know how old are Stephen Gogolev and Bruce Waddell? I like Stephen a lot, but I can't believe I fell in love with a kid. Bruce is so musical, I couldn't believe my eyes. I adore him. But there are no videos with him on you tube. Just a few on dailymotion. Hope they grow quickly as I hate to wait too much.

Gogolev I believe is only 10 years old.

Waddell is either 13 or 14 as he was listed at 13 in a Skate Canada article about the junior development camp this past spring.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Gogolev I believe is only 10 years old.

Waddell is either 13 or 14 as he was listed at 13 in a Skate Canada article about the junior development camp this past spring.

Thank you, nadster! OMG, Stephen is so young...

Daniskates93

Rinkside

It might be worth it to note that Bruce Waddell got a Canadian Record this week as well in Pre-Novice Dance.

nadster

Final Flight
It might be worth it to note that Bruce Waddell got a Canadian Record this week as well in Pre-Novice Dance.

I saw him with his partner Natalie D'Alessandro in pre-novice dance free dance here. Lots of talent there and I prefered them to any of the novice dancers. I saw their compulsories in the summer competition in Thornhill and they stood out to me there.

BTW the novice mens competition was the highlight of the week for sure and not just because of Gogolev. The whole last flight was quite impressive.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I saw him with his partner Natalie D'Alessandro in pre-novice dance free dance here. Lots of talent there and I prefered them to any of the novice dancers. I saw their compulsories in the summer competition in Thornhill and they stood out to me there.

BTW the novice mens competition was the highlight of the week for sure and not just because of Gogolev. The whole last flight was quite impressive.
Yes the last novice group was amazing.

Isn't Bruce's brother a junior dancer?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Do novice skaters have an entry to Canadian Nationals? Of course I really want to watch Gogolev and Waddell, but not only...All novice are so cute.

jlmart

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I think novice men do their short at 6:20 ET today. However, I also think Bruce Waddell has withdrawn.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yeah, it was awesome, he had trouble on other elements though, but what a future he has, hopefully he wont force himself too much and get injured, Congratulations Golden Boy!