2015 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim, CA | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2015 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim, CA

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info, DobrinFan. I have not run an Android-based device in several years.

Speaking from experience, Photon definitely runs IN on both iPhone or iPad, and fairly smoothly. Don't know about any other apps.

I see the Apple store lists different versions and different prices for the iPhone and iPad version of Photon. If you have both mobile devices, do you need to buy each one separately? Such as -- if I bought the iPhone version for $4, I assume it wouldn't transfer over to my iPad for free (especially when the iPad version is $5)? Did you end up paying $9 for both?

I have used photon to watch IN video on my iphone 5, and while I'm grateful to have the option, I don't really like it much. The video seems choppier and less clear, even when I adjust it.

It's kind of silly for IN to use technology that does not support mobile devices. I use my phone far more than my laptop, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. Honestly, I was able to stream the Olympics and watch the mens comp at work. IN is like a dinosaur.

Thanks for the first-hand account, that was my fear as well. The Adobe Flash player in general doesn't function well on PCs, I can't imagine a makeshift solution for Apple products would be any better.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info, DobrinFan. I have not run an Android-based device in several years.

I see the Apple store lists different versions and different prices for the iPhone and iPad version of Photon. If you have both mobile devices, do you need to buy each one separately? Such as -- if I bought the iPhone version for $4, I assume it wouldn't transfer over to my iPad for free (especially when the iPad version is $5)? Did you end up paying $9 for both?

Thanks for the first-hand account, that was my fear as well. The Adobe Flash player in general doesn't function well on PCs, I can't imagine a makeshift solution for Apple products would be any better.

The thing is, you are clearly more technologically savvy than I am, so you might find a way to get it to work better. But I just set it as fast as possible to watch an IN video & it's as I recalled - blurry and sluggish. If I make it a little slower it gets choppy. I am using AT&T right now, not our work network, so not sure if that makes tinhgs worse. But I recall same problems on my network at home.

ETA I don't have an IPAD so didn't buy both. I actually don't remember paying for the iphone spp but I'm sure I did.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I find that Flash, IMO, is a really unstable platform. IN (really MLB, who owns IN) really need to consider using HTML5 instead.

crzesk8dad

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Besides the highlight videos, the entire events are starting to show up on IN. The Senior Ladies SP is available, in entirety.

To find them, the easiest way I found is to type "Glacier Falls 2015" in the search box, then you have the whole assortment.

Have fun!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Deleted. The issue I had mentioned has been resolved. All good :).

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Besides the highlight videos, the entire events are starting to show up on IN. The Senior Ladies SP is available, in entirety.

To find them, the easiest way I found is to type "Glacier Falls 2015" in the search box, then you have the whole assortment.

Have fun!

The full video of the Senior Ladies SP :yay: (available for free):

For those who haven't looked yet, the 2015 IN videos of individual programs that are available at the time of this post :) (available for free):

- Nathan Chen SP

- Nathan Chen FS

- Grant Hochstein FS

- Tim Dolensky SP

- Gracie Gold SP

- Gracie Gold FS

- Polina Edmunds SP

- Courtney Hicks SP​

Thank you!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand why I can view Johhny Weir throwing the first pitch at a baseball game and Vivian Le's 3z-3t but if I select any of the GF programs I get a play sign with a line thru it. Why can I only watch certain videos and not the ones I want.

I think on second thought maybe I'm glad IN didn't live stream this event.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I don't understand why I can view Johhny Weir throwing the first pitch at a baseball game and Vivian Le's 3z-3t but if I select any of the GF programs I get a play sign with a line thru it. Why can I only watch certain videos and not the ones I want.

Are you running Windows 98 with IE 4.01? Don't use Netscape, IN doesn't support that.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

I have had that experience too. I just assumed that the videos I could view were made by someone else and did not require flash. What's odd is that occasionally IN clips, eg pressers, are also viewable. I think maybe it's the ones they put up on YouTube? If so, even dumber on their part.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Update:
icenetwork's FULL VIDEOS of the Senior Men's SP and Senior Men's FS now are available. :)

(In addition to the full video of the Senior Ladies SP, which was published yesterday.)

ETA:
Links to the full videos (not the individual programs) are on IN's event page for Glacier Falls:
http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2015/07/2015_gf_classic

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Assuming they will put the full Ladies Free Skate portion up soon?

I am curious to see all of Polina's GWTW (and see if the screaming was as evident on the ice level).

FSGMT

Record Breaker

I have exactly the same problem!
And, is there any link to watch Nathan Chen's FS? I can't seem to find it :mad:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Assuming they will put the full Ladies Free Skate portion up soon?...

Updated list of FULL VIDEOS that have been posted so far:

2015 Glacier Falls Jr Ladies FS

2015 Glacier Falls Sr Ladies FS

2015 Glacier Falls Senior Men's FS

2015 Glacier Falls Senior Men's SP

2015 Glacier Falls Senior Ladies SP​

Again, all links for full videos are on the IN event page for Glacier Falls:

... And, is there any link to watch Nathan Chen's FS? I can't seem to find it :mad:

Nathan's FS video was one of the eight individual programs that IN posted on Wednesday:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I get the double bonus of Brendan and Jason managing to skate next to each other for both programs. :laugh:

Brendan's SP is the same as last year. I do not approve of the change of shirt, sorry to say. :no: Obligatory gentle teasing at the super-excellent announcer - I think his American accent had a little trouble with "Macquarie". He was saying Mack-wary, which is...not quite right. Ma-quarry is closer. ;)

And of course, in the LP video, you get the double-wham-awesome-bonus of Brendan's gorgeous Secrets FS followed immediately by Jason's gorgeous Scent of Love FS! :yes: :yes:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I get the double bonus of Brendan and Jason managing to skate next to each other for both programs. :laugh:

Brendan's SP is the same as last year. I do not approve of the change of shirt, sorry to say. :no: Obligatory gentle teasing at the super-excellent announcer - I think his American accent had a little trouble with "Macquarie". He was saying Mack-wary, which is...not quite right. Ma-quarry is closer. ;)

And of course, in the LP video, you get the double-wham-awesome-bonus of Brendan's gorgeous Secrets FS followed immediately by Jason's gorgeous Scent of Love FS! :yes: :yes:

Really dumb question: Are you talking about Brendan Kerry or somebody else named Brendan Macquarie? Are they the same person? I'm so confused!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Really dumb question: Are you talking about Brendan Kerry or somebody else named Brendan Macquarie? Are they the same person? I'm so confused!

Macquarie is a reference to Brendan Kerry's club, if I am not mistaken.

Not to a person named Brendan Macquarie.