2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Men SP.and Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy Men SP.and Free Skate

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
A Canadian man winning an international event not named Patrick Chan? When did this last happen? :unsure:

Well, this is not a major event but I'm very happy for Elladj. Always a wonderful performer and he keeps improving, adding the quad last season and now breaking through internationally at 24. Big congrats, Elladj!

Waiting to see him on top of the podium.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well folks, it's five minutes to six, the sun is up over the horizon (blasted daylight savings not starting for another week) and I'm going to have a kip and see if I can catch another couple hours of sleep.

Good morning!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I may be the only person in the world but I don't like Max Aaron's LP. When he was skating I couldn't help but comparing him with the previous big success of Philip Mills- Tatsuki Machida. Machida wasn't my favorite but he made every move look like the ballet one, he streched his every finger and every toe, his back and overall posture were lot more impressive. I did not see any of those in Max's skate today. He does not understand his body, does not know how to dress in order to make a better presentation. I still believe he has a long way to skate until he could be marked as an artistically convincing skater. He sure can deliver it technically but his presentation leaves a lot to desire.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I didn't watch this FS live, I was watching JGP in Poland but I was following results, this thread and twitter and from what I saw Elladj must've skated pretty great. I will for sure watch the videos later. I am very happy for him, I follow his skating since 2012 Skate Canada and I like his personality a lot.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I may be the only person in the world but I don't like Max Aaron's LP. When he was skating I couldn't help but comparing him with the previous big success of Philip Mills- Tatsuki Machida. Machida wasn't my favorite but he made every move look like the ballet one, he streched his every finger and every toe, his back and overall posture were lot more impressive. I did not see any of those in Max's skate today. He does not understand his body, does not know how to dress in order to make a better presentation. I still believe he has a long way to skate until he could be marked as an artistically convincing skater. he sure can deliver it technically but his presentation leaves a lot to desire.

Hmm, I didn't love it, but I think it's far better than that generic Nessun Dorma that everyone found so "artistic"...I give Max props for trying though. It's not really fair to expect him to turn into Machida, and he's only been working with Philip for a short time.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kind of amazing that someone who has never even medaled at a Canadian Nationals wins an international event. And lets face it it's not like there were tons of great skaters in Canadian Men's in the last 4 years keeping him off the podium.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I would like to gush over Eladj, but he doesn't have his own fan fest. Well... Congratulations, Eladj! That was beautiful SP & LP, you deserve the gold :cheer:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would like to gush over Eladj, but he doesn't have his own fan fest. Well... Congratulations, Eladj! That was beautiful SP & LP, you deserve the gold :cheer:

A lot of the skaters have fan fests and some are quite neglected... you should totally go over there and show him some love!:love:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Do we have a Canadian men's thread?

I agree he deserves some gushing. I really do enjoy him and I hope he can keep the momentum going from this.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
It's not really fair to expect him to turn into Machida, and he's only been working with Philip for a short time.
Max will never turn into Machida. Neither he will turn into Carolina Kostner who his coach mentioned as an example. He just can't be a balletic skater to me. They just try to build the impossible when they could just find the body voice of his own.

samson

Medalist
Well not the free I'm sure Max was looking for but there was still a lot in there that I think he can be proud of. First of all his PCS were the second highest of the night and he beat Menshov in that department and Menshov was in the GPF last year, plus walking away with a medal is always a pretty great thing.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congrats to Elladj :). Also to Max :) and Konstantin :).

Overall Max's skating looks much better with much better posture but the jumps weren't there today.

Exquisite program. I'm not worried about the pops because I remember him doing that occasionally when the jumps were his only money maker. He's capable of pulling it together.

Agree that it is too bad about Max's quads, but the rest of his skating was nice to see:).

And agree that he is capable of pulling it together. Fingers crossed that he can do so at Skate America.

I like this program for Max, but his costume could use just a few feathers, am I right?

Too bad about the jump mistakes.

His costume did have thingies that were feather-like, at least conceptually. But I don't know what to call them ;).

I do not know it all. The Eurosport commentators point out lots of things I don't know, which I am glad to learn. And I didn't know her name, because I was never TOLD it. She just isn't very good at knowledgeable and entertaining commentary.

And I had forgotten who Shoma is. Now I looked at the link, I remember from last season.

For some, Debbi was not their cup of tea.
For others among us, her commentary was beneficial, even though it was not error-free.

Glad you have refreshed your memory re Shoma.
Some of us easily recognized Debbi without needing to be told her name. (I am not Canadian, but she is a familiar face and voice to me because of her high visibility in the skating world.)