2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Men SP and FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Men SP and FS

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I am pleased with Jason's progress actually. It was a bit messy, but (maybe?) no falls and he held on and came back at the end. The quad is improving at a reasonable and promising pace.

I also like the costume much better than the last one. I think this is a really good one. I don't care if both is costumes are black, I like them both better than last season. So which one to we think will be more Liberaceized by Skate America?

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
This program is gorgeous. If I am not mistaken that was his best 4T attempt to date? Definitely progress from earlier, he looked like he was performing more and didn't have to think about the choreography quite as much?

Sackie

Medalist
Well I guess there are no more skaters in the mens field cause now that Jason has skated no one can comment on anything but Jason and how great he is!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gordei GORSHKOV (RUS)

Black costume, one black/one red glove

Music: The Swan

3Lo
3A+2T
2F
FCSp
StSq
3A
3Lz+3T
3Lz
3S+2T+2Lo
2A
ChSt
CCoSp3p
FCCoSp3p

No quad, one pop, otherwise cleanish skate

Plisskin

Medalist
Jason's program can be gorgeous once he gets used to it (lots of potential to bring the house down), but as of now... it's boring. I'm sorry ya'll. :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gordei GORSHKOV (RUS)

Is this Nutcracker? Black with red at collar and one red glove, surprisingly effective

3Lo
3A-2T
2F
FCSp
StSq
3A
3Lz-3T
3Lz
3S-2T-2Lo
2A
ChSq
CCoSp
FCCoSp

Hey, clean! Way to go Gordei!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Aw, Jason. You could almost feel his tension lift after the big jumps were out of the way.

caitie

Medalist
Well I guess there are no more skaters in the mens field cause now that Jason has skated no one can comment on anything but Jason and how great he is!

Sorry for being excited for the skater I've been waiting all afternoon to watch...?

babyskate

On the Ice
Stunning program by Jason. I love his interpretation and his elegant lines. The jumps will come. I have no worries.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I think black or dark colours is appropriate general for The Piano - New Zealand 19th century outback setting. It is vast improvement from his last purply scarf one.

I am a bit iffy on the off center sparkly isomertric plunging neckline front and back though.. it looks more like Star Trek futuristic then The Piano (itself a humble little subdued movie about repressed passion/love). Having said that, costume is the least of his problems right now.

Ahh yes Pink Panther! Jason would have killed the field with this music :laugh2:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
If it's really this good, maybe it'll be worth it to have bought tickets for the men's event at SA! :laugh: (I only got them because they were on the same session as dance or something, but it should be fun to see this program live!)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This might be totally weird, but I half-expected Ted Barton to commentate afterwards. Probably cause I'm used to the JGP having commentary before and after performances. Lol. Though I don't hear ANY here.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gordei GORSHKOV (RUS)

Is this Nutcracker? Black with red at collar and one red glove, surprisingly effective

3Lo
3A-2T
2F
FCSp
StSq
3A
3Lz-3T
3Lz
3S-2T-2Lo
2A
ChSq
CCoSp
FCCoSp

Hey, clean! Way to go Gordei!

Carnival of the Animals "The Swan" and Francesca Da Rimini, Op. 32

So proud of Gorshkov he got a personal best in the SP, LP and overall!!! Hopefully next year he can get a GP assignment....fingers crossed!!!