2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Pairs SP and FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Pairs SP and FS

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Currently running 10 minutes behind, so no LIVE comments. But, I have to say something about Lubov and Dylan.

That was AMAZING!!!! :points:

I know I am biased because I love them, and I love Led Zeppelin, but that was worth a lot better a position than 3rd out of 7! :disapp:

Kinda felt sorry for the Swiss couple having to follow them. Because it was always going to be hard to live up to.

But, the looked happy while waiting for the results anyway (particularly Ioulia)! I wonder if they wer as happy when the results were announced. Because we will never know, because of that graphic!!! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

Whatever their competition placements, nobody will forget this program. Kudos to their team for coming up with the new, unique, innovative, cool and difficult spiral entry!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
S/K are such gorgeous skaters, and there's something electric about them. I find them wonderful to watch. A shame about the fall, but the youtube comment is hilarious.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
S/K's less than perfect program, and that look!!! :rolleye: But then again, skating while being Russian...golden!

Alba

Record Breaker
S/K are such gorgeous skaters, and there's something electric about them. I find them wonderful to watch. A shame about the fall, but the youtube comment is hilarious.

Love them too. :love: Shame about the fall indeed but it's much better than test skates. She had problems with her boots and a toe injury. They are getting back in shape.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It was almost as though the throw was poorly timed. it barely had any lift or was I seeing things? Does this mean that poor Ksenia has to go on a severe diet to get her weight down to something he can manage or was it a matter of the technique, did they rush things? That just looked all kinds of uncomfortable. But it has the potential to be a great program. They looked all kinds of stiff in the K&C. If only these skaters could be a little less tense :frown:

Dylan and Lubov, coming along nicely :party2:. Bring it in the LP!!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was looking up something about S/K and their IceNetwork page came up. It said in Ksenia's bio:

"Also enjoys...sleeping."

(Ellipses indicate text left out to make it easier to read as a sentence.)

:laugh2: I think many of us share that hobby. :rofl:

Alba

Record Breaker
It was almost as though the throw was poorly timed. it barely had any lift or was I seeing things? Does this mean that poor Ksenia has to go on a severe diet to get her weight down to something he can manage or was it a matter of the technique, did they rush things? That just looked all kinds of uncomfortable. But it has the potential to be a great program. They looked all kinds of stiff in the K&C. If only these skaters could be a little less tense :frown:

Ksenia doesn't have problems with weight. She is quite thin and tiny actually if you see her live. You don't fall because you have problems with that otherwise more than half of pairs are overweighted, then. The timing was completely wrong.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Ksenia doesn't have problems with weight. She is quite thin and tiny actually if you see her live. You don't fall because you have problems with that otherwise more than half of pairs are overweighted, then. The timing was completely wrong.

You don't get my meaning there is nothing wrong with Ksenia but Fedor seems to struggle some with throwing her for reasons I am just ranting about. Maybe thinking too much out loud. His technique to be honest on the throws just seems suspect. But by the same token so does Trankov half the time (looks like he's throwing a sack of potatoes) but Tatiana is so little and strong that it's not problematic.

Alba

Record Breaker
You don't get my meaning there is nothing wrong with Ksenia but Fedor seems to struggle some with throwing her for reasons I am just ranting about. Maybe thinking too much out loud. His technique to be honest on the throws just seems suspect. But by the same token so does Trankov half the time (looks like he's throwing a sack of potatoes) but Tatiana is so little and strong that it's not problematic.

Well, he didn't seem to struggle throwing her last season. This one just started so I don't know how many times you saw him struggle. It's their first competition and as I said she has already changed 5 pair of boots. They are not in their best form yet. Tatiana and Max have a great technique and their throws are huge. I don't see problems there. Now, sometimes you fall and that depends from a lot of things but it happens to anybody, even to the best.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Then I think it makes more sense to say Fedor needs to fix his technique and maybe even buff up a bit. Maybe he could train by throwing Anna Pogorilaya's coach around a bit. Safely of course and maybe into a foam pit or something but I can see how that could be good practice in more ways than one :)

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Then I think it makes more sense to say Fedor needs to fix his technic and maybe even buff up a bit. Maybe he could train by throwing Anna Pogorilaya's coach around a bit. Safely of course and maybe into a foam pit or something but I can see how that could be good practice in more ways than one :)

Poor Tsareva. :laugh2: I have a soft spot for her. :biggrin:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
What the h**l? I couldn't watch the pairs live, and was going to watch now, but the whole pairs SP video is blocked because of some copyrights :mad:. And most likely it's all because of one track used in one of the SPs :rolleye:.

Edit: Thankfully it seems that some good people have uploaded separate pairs videos to YouTube. Not the same as watching the whole competition, but much better than nothing :).

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What the h**l? I couldn't watch the pairs live, and was going to watch now, but the whole pairs SP video is blocked because of some copyrights :mad:. And most likely it's all because of one track used in one of the SPs :rolleye:.

Led Zeppelin :think:

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well, he didn't seem to struggle throwing her last season. This one just started so I don't know how many times you saw him struggle. It's their first competition and as I said she has already changed 5 pair of boots. They are not in their best form yet. Tatiana and Max have a great technique and their throws are huge. I don't see problems there. Now, sometimes you fall and that depends from a lot of things but it happens to anybody, even to the best.

Well, we'll maybe have to agree to disagree here. A lot of their errors last season were on the throws. As for Trankov what I think I don't like is that he doesn't conceal his effort and he often stops to see how Tatiana does rather than just smoothly moving on with the choreography. She gets great height, yes, gets excellent positions yes but almost half her landings are always two footed. So excellent technique no, but impressive to look at yes.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Then I think it makes more sense to say Fedor needs to fix his technique and maybe even buff up a bit. Maybe he could train by throwing Anna Pogorilaya's coach around a bit. Safely of course and maybe into a foam pit or something but I can see how that could be good practice in more ways than one :)

Quite so :laugh2: But seriously given the issues that Ksenia had this off-season they're not really in great form yet.