2015 Russian Team for Euros, Worlds, & Universiade | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Team for Euros, Worlds, & Universiade

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I don't know if it was posted anywhere but I've found this at the website we were watching live stream.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbnews_NI507125_Pogorilaja_pojedet_na_chempionat_Jevropy_vmesto_Sotnikovoj

I suppose these are just preliminary entries. The final decision is not taken yet.

Men - Kovtun, Voronov, Pitkeev
Alternates: Menshov, Gorshkov, Gachinski

Ladies - Radionova, Tuktamysheva, Pogorilaya
Alternates: Sotnikova, Leonova, Artemieva

Pairs - Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov, Kavaguti/Smirnov
Alternates: Astakhova/Rogonov, Bazarova/Deputat, Volosozhar/Trankov

Dance - Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Monko/Khaliavin, Stepanova/Bukin
Alternates: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Bobrova/Soloviev

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaM

Medalist
Hm, sounds only logical. I don't think Sotnikova should compete at Euros unless she competes at some other competition first (or just has some test skates in Russia, I don't really care. I just don't think her first skates after her injury should be on the European ice). Same goes for V/T and B/S.

elif

Medalist
I thought Bobrova/Soloviev will be in team. If they cannot compete because of the injury, then federation can replace with Stepanova/Bukin. If I remember right Russian Federation made same mistake last year at World Junior Champs with ladies entry and Proklova didn't compete because of it. They could have put Radionova to entry list but they didn't. Just before competition Proklova withdrew so Elena could skate. Then Sotskova really injured but Proklova already out so spot gone to Medvedeva. If they already didn't pull out Proklova, she could have compete.

Last edited:

studentsb

Rinkside
Disappointing for Yulia, but no surprises. On the other hand, I'm thrilled for Pogorilaya!:clap: I will be rooting for her there.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is this official?

I imagine that's a ceremonial alternate position for Sotnikova - ligaments aren't to be messed with.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't know if it was posted anywhere but I've found this at the website we were watching live stream.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbnews_NI507125_Pogorilaja_pojedet_na_chempionat_Jevropy_vmesto_Sotnikovoj

I suppose these are just preliminary entries. The final decision is not taken yet.

Ladies - Radionova, Tuktamysheva, Pogorilaya
Alternates: Sotnikova, Leonova, Artemieva

The official announcement on the federation website re Euros has the same names as in the OP.

The only difference is the order of the Ladies alternates:
Запасные: Алена Леонова, Мария Артемьева, Аделина Сотникова. Leonova, Artemieva, Sotnikova.​

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Poor Konstantin. I'm very fond of Adian, but I believe Menshov still has higher scoring potential...I mean, he just won bronze there last season. One bad skate and they want to put him out to pasture. :no:

adelia

Record Breaker
Poor Konstantin. I'm very fond of Adian, but I believe Menshov still has higher scoring potential...I mean, he just won bronze there last season. One bad skate and they want to put him out to pasture. :no:
I guess Rus Fed thinks Kovtun and Voronov will both surely medal. I'm not too sure about that. There is a big gap between Pitkeev's and Menshov's average TSS at international competitions this season. The problem with Menshov is that he has zero backers within the Federation. Sad. Oh well.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I'm happy for Anna:)
Me too! But I'm worried that Adelina will get the ok from closed skates just because she is the olympic champion. I hope the judges there won't replace Anna unless Adelina is skating better than her.

elif

Medalist
Universiade

Men: Gachinsky, Gorshkov, Kvitelashvili
Ladies: Artemieva, Leonova
Pairs: Tarasova-Morozov, Bazarova-Deputat, Astakhova-Rogonov
Dance: Sinitsina-Katsalapov, Kosygina Moroshkin

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Universiade

Men: Gachinsky, Gorshkov, Kvitelashvili
Ladies: Artemieva, Leonova
Pairs: Tarasova-Morozov, Bazarova-Deputat, Astakhova-Rogonov
Dance: Sinitsina-Katsalapov, Kosygina Moroshkin

Oh I am glad for ladies and pairs assignments here.

Guru1

Rinkside
I guess Menshov's chances of being at Worlds will depend on Pitkeev performance on Euros. Anyway I'm sad for him, but clearly he needs a plan B for when he can't land the 4T. It's the 3rd time this season he gets an invalid element because of it...