2015 Tallinn Trophy Pairs SP and FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Tallinn Trophy Pairs SP and FS

s_parks

Record Breaker
Can't imagine how S/M's lp is going to look like. If anyone can pull of that music, though, it's Aliona.

Merjan

On the Ice
I had to leave the arena right after S&M' s marks to run to my ship, but oh I loved them. They looked a bit careful at some points but it's natural. Quite high marks but OK. They got what they needed, the minimum scores for Europeans etc. It was really interesting to see their warm-up, just skating around with lots of speed and doing some doubles.

andromache

Record Breaker
So excited to see Aliona and Bruno! That twist was :jaw:.

Does anyone know what technical content they're planning for the LP?

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Well, no. And it was free of charge to go and watch, quite unusual. So I wonder why people didn't come after work, school ...

Honestly, there was no advertisement of the event and many people simply do not know about it:(
I couldn't go because of my numberous tests this week at uni, unfortunately...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Just jumping in to say Savchenko Massot twist is like the best I have ever seen. Sui Han has amazing twist, but that was like wow :jaw: And not just air time, the landing from it was amazing too

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was a very impressive, if slightly over marked, debut from S/M. One of the best triple twists I've seen with a nice entry into the lift, everything was level four bar the twist. I was a bit surprised to see Aliona stumble on the 3T. Looking forward to their long programme, they have potential to be on the European podium but not so sure I would have them on top of the podium (just yet)

QuadThrow

Medalist
I agree. Very promising start for Aljona aand Bruno. I was surprised that they got these high marks! The Twist was insane and defines a new level of quality. The Quad will not be any problem. The 3FTh has a lot of room too.

There is still much room for improvments:

Twist level 4 instead of level 3 (difficult entry or arms above the head)
better 3T
better 3FTh
more speed, power and flow

So excited to see Aliona and Bruno! That twist was :jaw:.

Does anyone know what technical content they're planning for the LP?

Tomorrow it will be:

3Tw
3T+3T+SEQ
3FTh
3S
3STh

I believe they plan something like that for the future

4Tw
3T+3T+2T
4FTh
3S
4STh

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Tomorrow it will be:

3Tw
3T+3T+SEQ
3FTh
3S
3STh

I believe they plan something like that for the future

4Tw
3T+3T+2T
4FTh
3S
4STh

Thinking of their possible future layout, I'm more than thrilled. :love:

moriel

Record Breaker
Just jumping in to say Savchenko Massot twist is like the best I have ever seen. Sui Han has amazing twist, but that was like wow :jaw: And not just air time, the landing from it was amazing too

S/S and V/T are the best i ever seen.
Now i'm double happy, V/T are back and S/M are on the way to get close what S/S was

Alyona <3

As a side note, i have a feeling they may not go for a quad. Their triple is waaaay to huge, so they would need to probably tweak the technique or something...

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
OK, anyone know what the illegal element was that dinged Aaron/Settlage?

Apparently he rotated one two many times on a lift.

I am remembering when people used to complain about all the limitations with the old rules under the 6.0 system in ice dance. It sure seems like all the "illegal elements" in IJS are tearing up the singles and pairs world this year.

gabriele

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing your impressions, Merjan. I noticed the camera was almost exclusively on S/M during the warm-up. Hope you had an enjoyable Birthday

I kept telling Bruno to tuck his shirt in. :laugh:

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States

I am remembering when people used to complain about all the limitations with the old rules under the 6.0 system in ice dance. It sure seems like all the "illegal elements" in IJS are tearing up the singles and pairs world this year.

Thanks

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT (GER)

White dress, red ribbon / grey vest, white shirt, red tie, black pants

3Tw - huge
3FTh - big, maybe slight twofoot?
3T - she twofoot, stepout/hand down
4Li
PCoSp3p
StSq
BoDs

Some big pair elements, she had problems on sbs. Promising start, but choreography bit tame.

SP: 37.96+33.48 = 71.44, 1/7
This is a ridiculously high score. I hope they re mrking outrageously generous or evehryone might as well reitre and give them the gold. two major errors and a rather ho hum choreography - how is this worthy of over 70?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
kinda generous score for Aliona and Bruno but wow that twist was insane and the ease at the way out, they way he outs her down, comments in here doesnt do it justice, its like magic trick where you try to understand why/how it happened and watch it over and over :scratch3:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

So did this one lift error cost Aaron/Settlage both of the two points of deduction that they received?

It's an honest question. Not trying to sound argumentative. Trying to learn more about what happened. Thanks.