2015 World's Practice Reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 World's Practice Reports

Pika

Final Flight
Seriously Denis Ten scares me with quads that close to the boards, even after years watching skating (remembering of Jeremy at Olympics...:hopelessness:)

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Satoko is just one of many girls who should be nervous about Amano. I really think Liza is the only lady with nothing to fear, only because her jump technique is impeccable. As long as he is consistent, I don't mind that he is harsh.

Can you imagine if he gives Liza an edge call. :shocked: What would we do?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Denis is in good form :yes: Yuzuru's doing better than I would've thought. Any news on Javier/Voronov?
What about Gracie and Kanako?

Big thank you to everyone for taking time out to provide updates/media for us! :points:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
:disapp: I don't know should I admire Shin Amano or dislike him.

Just from what I remember hearing about Amano (I don't really remember much about him, since I usually don't care about TSs or TCs), a lot of people don't dislike him because he's strict, but becuase he's not consistent. And because he hands out UR calls on actually rotated jumps.
Now again, I can't judge, but I'd surely dislike the upper two things. As long as he's consistent with the skaters I don't mind someone being strict (and I certainly applaud him for not being biased because of nationality).

Gotta admit though, the jokes about him being the carrot king are pretty funny (and the only thing I remember about him) :biggrin:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Despite the reports of Radionova and Pogorilaya having bad practices, here is Pogorilaya doing a clean run through of her SP. The camera switches to Liza right at the beginning of the spin, but it looks like the illusion spin has been replaced with an I spin.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/B3G4uomBP64/
It doesn't really look good, either :no: but nothing can be worse than an illusion spin with a bent leg, so I say go for the I spin!! :biggrin:

NaVi

Medalist
It doesn't really look good, either :no: but nothing can be worse than an illusion spin with a bent leg, so I say go for the I spin!! :biggrin:

Well actually, I think she may still be doing the illusion spin that moves into an I-spin.... the 2nd spin position is not shown...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Can you imagine if he gives Liza an edge call. :shocked: What would we do?

It would be really hard for her to do because of the way she enters the lutz and the flip. On the lutz she glides in on the proper edge and on the flip she does her turns on a curve into the jump. She would almost have to try to do the jumps improperly to achieve an edge call.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Satoko is just one of many girls who should be nervous about Amano. I really think Liza is the only lady with nothing to fear, only because her jump technique is impeccable. As long as he is consistent, I don't mind that he is harsh.

Radionova too. She rarely gets UR calls, even if her jumps aren't the biggest.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Radionova too. She rarely gets UR calls, even if her jumps aren't the biggest.

Her jumps are pretty small, but I went back and rewatched some video, and they're not as tiny as I thought.

That said, I will not be shocked if she gets a < or two. Or three.

No problem with that so long as the rigor is applied consistently, across all skaters in all groups.

In fact, I prefer an honest caller. It's a disservice to the better jumpers otherwise.

lyndichee

Medalist
I really prefer an honest caller as well. I hope the judging will be fair and consistent but I feel like that's a lot to ask.

After watching Satoko's Jumpmatron and rotating almost a third of her jump on the ice, I really hope she gets called.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I really prefer an honest caller as well. I hope the judging will be fair and consistent but I feel like that's a lot to ask.

After watching Satoko's Jumpmatron and rotating almost a third of her jump on the ice, I really hope she gets called.

I prefer an honest caller, but given the current penalities for flutzing, I'd rather the caller was lenient with his calls. Like it's literally the base value of a spin that he could elect to deduct from a flutzer.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Her jumps are pretty small, but I went back and rewatched some video, and they're not as tiny as I thought.

That said, I will not be shocked if she gets a < or two. Or three.

No problem with that so long as the rigor is applied consistently, across all skaters in all groups.

In fact, I prefer an honest caller. It's a disservice to the better jumpers otherwise.

Radionova has not received any UR calls this season. She's known as a reliable full-rotator... even if she has a bad 3Z, she somehow manages a clean 3T after it (same with 3L+3S).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel exactly like that towards him. :biggrin:

Re: Shin Amano

I really like his low cut flat bottom deep v-neck and his I did it first borderline "Mushy" hairdo. Eat your heart out baby Yuzu :)

In terms of his judging....whatever. I don't mind him being strict anymore than I don't anyone else being lenient. As long as its fair but the definition of fair is about as clear as a drive thru San Fransisco on a foggy morning. I'm pretty sure people complain about that too. :laugh:

I guess for the WC a strict caller would be preferred but really I think consistent should be the only requirement. I guess it really goes without saying so I'll just offer a suggestion for future consideration: Less strict penalties and more strict callers. That is my definition of a fair compromise.

Last edited: