2016-2017 Ladies Cumulative Average Scores | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Ladies Cumulative Average Scores

bobbob

Medalist
I don't know either. But the Russian Fed is paying Mishin and he said lately that he isn't charging Carolina. I could understand if the Russian Fed says that they won't support the coaching of an Italian athlete in the Olympic season. Especially if this athlete could be a serious threat.

Interesting thought, though it would be a pity it he were not allowed to coach Carolina. Is there any sort of official info on this? She seems to be quite well with mishin though after she builds up her jump arsenal I don't think it will be a necessity for her.

--

I think Carolina going so early will probably have a negative impact on her score though she will still do well. She definitely won't get higher PCS than Evgenia, which she may if the order was switched. It is usual for earlier skaters to get lower PCS scores than they usually get...though in Carolina's case it will be high regardless (maybe 35 instead of 37)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kostner needs to be flawless in the SP with that kind of order.... if she is not, nothing will save her... if she does well, she will be fine....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie GOLD was in her first Senior season at Worlds 2013. She started 21st of 34,didn't have a clean SP (3z+3t<, 3fe, 2a, fall out spin) and got PCS scores in the low 7s. That placed her 9th after the SP. But she was 5th in the FS and finished 6th overall, with PCS scores in the mid7s.

Kaetlyn OSMOND, also skating at 2013 Worlds for the first time, started 9th of 34 and with a clean SP was 4th with PCS scores in the mid 7s. She had a rough FS with two falls and was 10th in the FS, with PCS scores in the mid7s, and was 8th overall.

Those two skaters were NEWBIES and did just fine skating earlier. Carolina is no newbie, and very much respected by the judges. Even if she makes a minor mistake in the SP, she will get PCS scores in the mid to upper 8s. I doubt very much if where she starts in the SP makes any difference in her marks.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Gracie GOLD was in her first Senior season at Worlds 2013. She started 21st of 34,didn't have a clean SP (3z+3t<, 3fe, 2a, fall out spin) and got PCS scores in the low 7s. That placed her 9th after the SP. But she was 5th in the FS and finished 6th overall, with PCS scores in the mid7s.

Kaetlyn OSMOND, also skating at 2013 Worlds for the first time, started 9th of 34 and with a clean SP was 4th with PCS scores in the mid 7s. She had a rough FS with two falls and was 10th in the FS, with PCS scores in the mid7s, and was 8th overall.

Those two skaters were NEWBIES and did just fine skating earlier. Carolina is no newbie, and very much respected by the judges. Even if she makes a minor mistake in the SP, she will get PCS scores in the mid to upper 8s. I doubt very much if where she starts in the SP makes any difference in her marks.

I agree with you. I also doubt it can make a difference in her case. She's not
Sotskova, Li or Tursynbaeva in which cases it may really hurt them. Carolina is more in charge of her own destiny at this point. That skating order is also good for her as pressure will be smaller.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
Moriel, some of these Worst scores as you stated, occurred in October when not all were competing. So the data, while correct does not favour skaters who competed earlier in the season. Example Kaetlyn's Worst score was achieved at Finlandia, an event which she won, over Mao an Pogo, with a score of 180 and change. These skaters competed first in the season, when scores are traditionally lower, and indicative of where skaters at a point in time. A skater like Ashley, did not participate at these events, so their seasons worst/best, do not kick in until later in the season, after extra practices, fitness & endurance, and the benefit of time.

The scores comparisons, are not relevant to the conversation and should be excluded from any data collection. IMO.

Disagree. Many skaters got their best quite early in the season too. And many bombed late in the season.
For instance, you are totally wrong: Osmond had her worst FS at 4cc, scoring 115.96, after extra practices, fitness & endurance, and the benefit of time. This was the score i took as worst FS, which seems fair i think.

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I agree with you. I also doubt it can make a difference in her case. She's not
Sotskova, Li or Tursynbaeva in which cases it may really hurt them. Carolina is more in charge of her own destiny at this point. That skating order is also good for her as pressure will be smaller.

The difference might show up in PCS. Probably up to 2 points.
She could be clean and getting 35+ on PCS in the earlier group or could be clean and getting 37+ on PCS in the last group, especially if they give Med 36+.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The difference might show up in PCS. Probably up to 2 points.
She could be clean and getting 35+ on PCS in the earlier group or could be clean and getting 37+ on PCS in the last group, especially if they give Med 36+.

I don't think they would score Kostner PCS better than Medvedeva. Unlikely. Unless Kostner throws triple flip - triple toe, because as we know they care for it even if in theory it's distinct matter. I disagree with that but that's how it is. If I were judge I'd score Kostner PCS higher than Medvedeva. Even though I find Medvedeva programs cringeworthy I'd still mark her high (but not that high as she is scored).

I can understand your sentiment though as it is historical trend so maybe you're right after all. I am quite in two minds about it to be honest.

Last edited: