2016-2017 State of Canadian Figure Skating | Page 91 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 State of Canadian Figure Skating

TGee

Record Breaker
so Alaine has great chances to go to Skate Canada.

I'm actually hoping she doesn't get the host pick. . .

Despite the assertions of some that she only skates well at home, I haven't observed that she's done her best at SCI....

Her best showings have been at the GPs that are further afield, especially Rostelecom. [Now, I don't expect Rostelecom to be inviting her next season though. But it could happen....]

But I can't see why Gabby would want to go to Skate America either. It's later in the season this time, but the outcomes from the past few years don't seem to reflect the relative placements that we see later. However, as the bronze medallist she and the USFSA will likely be obliged to put her in that event when Evgenia and Kaetlyn choose the others.

Basically, Kaetlyn and Gabby, like Evgenia will be able to take their choice of GPs in order of their rankings. Can't see Evgenia coming to SCI this year, so it Skate Canada will need to sort out between Kaetlyn and Gabby....

Making Alaine skate against one of them, if she can do to GPs elsewhere would something to give a lot of second thought to.....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm actually hoping she doesn't get the host pick. . .

Despite the assertions of some that she only skates well at home, I haven't observed that she's done her best at SCI....

Her best showings have been at the GPs that are further afield, especially Rostelecom. [Now, I don't expect Rostelecom to be inviting her next season though. But it could happen....]

But I can't see why Gabby would want to go to Skate America either. It's later in the season this time, but the outcomes from the past few years don't seem to reflect the relative placements that we see later. However, as the bronze medallist she and the USFSA will likely be obliged to put her in that event when Evgenia and Kaetlyn choose the others.

Basically, Kaetlyn and Gabby, like Evgenia will be able to take their choice of GPs in order of their rankings. Can't see Evgenia coming to SCI this year, so it Skate Canada will need to sort out between Kaetlyn and Gabby....

Making Alaine skate against one of them, if she can do to GPs elsewhere would something to give a lot of second thought to.....

well if alaine doesn't skate against gabby nor kaetlyn then she will be in evgenia's GPs.... simple as that :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Eric and Meagan withdrew from WTT.

They will rest and heal..

They will have a new SP + new choreographer working with Julie for it.

LP is a revamped version of MUSE which gets me excited because it was my favourite program of theirs.

From Facebook...

We are incredibly sad to announce that our season has now come to an end. We will not be competing in Japan at the World Team Trophy this month. We are very sad as this is one of our favourite competitions and we were really looking forward to joining Canadas best skaters at this event.
Right now, it's most important for Eric to regain his health after an injury was sustained during our practice days in Finland at the World Championships. We decided to continue and compete there, but now it's time for him to rest and recover so he can be in top shape for the upcoming Olympic season.
We have exciting projects already lined up for the next season! We are excited to have a new choreographer join our team, along with Julie, to create a new short program.
And even bigger news is that we will be revamping and refreshing our "Muse" long program from 2014/2015 to use for next season. We are a different team that we were two years ago and we know we can take what was great about this program and allow it to grow even more.
Once again, thank you all for your support during the good, and not so good times. This season has been tough, filled with more downs that we thought was possible. But like always, we will learn from these experiences and allow them to help us grow as people and skaters.
We will be back. Stronger than ever before

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seguin Bilodeau have been added to WTT. Good experience for them as they will compete with good teams, and teams they have beaten already. It could be contributing to make them tier 2 PCS team again... as clearly at WC they were tier 3 in PCS which sucked and was totally unfair.

Daniel1998

Final Flight

LP is a revamped version of MUSE which gets me excited because it was my favourite program of theirs.

From Facebook...

Wonder if they're going to use the same music cuts. That program suited them to a tee, look forward to seeing it again.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
well if alaine doesn't skate against gabby nor kaetlyn then she will be in evgenia's GPs.... simple as that :)

Maybe that's a good thing...I think seeing Kaetlyn with a massive score at Skate Canada after the SP, put some stress in her skating as reigning Cdn champ, resulting in a lack of confidence in her jumps. Perhaps a change is good, knowing that Med. is going to get a massive score regardless.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Maybe that's a good thing...I think seeing Kaetlyn with a massive score at Skate Canada after the SP, put some stress in her skating as reigning Cdn champ, resulting in a lack of confidence in her jumps. Perhaps a change is good, knowing that Med. is going to get a massive score regardless.

meh.. at this point, the whole world is not only expecting massive SP scores from Med but also from Kaetlyn ;) winks ;)

I am pretty sure it makes sense that Keatlyn goes to Regina... it's so close to Edmonton... for once, she wouldn't have to travel too far...

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

From Facebook...

OMG, me too!!! I loved that program so much. We're kindred spirits, homie. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Keep dreaming, La La Land boy. Is that movie's synopsis actually a biopic of your delusional love of my gorgeous husband?!

:rofl:

no idea... haven't watched it, not planning to watch it ;)

i think that this movie belongs to the american skating thread considering how many skaters from there already have said they will use it..

sarah : are you going to watch wtt late at night this time??? i haven't checked my schedule yet.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

i think that this movie belongs to the american skating thread considering how many skaters from there already have said they will use it..

sarah : are you going to watch wtt late at night this time??? i haven't checked my schedule yet.

Get some sleep you two ...good night! :bed:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Regarding La La Land: I've noticed that too about this particular movie score that is about to become a modern day American warhorse. I'm already planning to KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!! See the aforementioned American skating thread for confirmation. ;)

Regarding WTT, not to brag or anything, but I'm going on vacation to the Dominican Republic from April 13th-20th, THEN on the 21st, AKA the very next day after our flight lands at Pearson Airport, my daughter is competing at Scarboro Skate in east Toronto. So I think I'll really only be able to catch the Saturday events (in Japanese time). :(

Sweet merciful crap, that's gonna be a wild, exhausting weekend. But I can't wait to see BB girl doing her program out there on centre ice with a glowing brown tan. :laugh:

Alright, maybe I was bragging a little up there, but believe me, I need this vacation - just as much as I need you to keep your hands off my dreamboat husband.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Regarding La La Land: I've noticed that too about this particular movie score that is about to become a modern day American warhorse. I'm already planning to KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!! See the aforementioned American skating thread for confirmation. ;)

Regarding WTT, not to brag or anything, but I'm going on vacation to the Dominican Republic from April 13th-20th, THEN on the 21st, AKA the very next day after our flight lands at Pearson Airport, my daughter is competing at Scarboro Skate in east Toronto. So I think I'll really only be able to catch the Saturday events (in Japanese time). :(

Sweet merciful crap, that's gonna be a wild, exhausting weekend. But I can't wait to see BB girl doing her program out there on centre ice with a glowing brown tan. :laugh:

Alright, maybe I was bragging a little up there, but believe me, I need this vacation - just as much as I need you to keep your hands off my dreamboat husband.

well... while you bake on the beaches, i will be cheering on poje... he may be your dreamboat husband but i am his most faithful hubby ;)

blackey

On the Ice
Speaking of la la land, does anyone notice that Lajoie/Lagha are literally the characters come out of the movie? Marjorie is an actress and Zach is a pianist, what kind of a coincidence!!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ Best be careful 4everchan, rum bottle being thrown your way. Duck! Given SarahSynchro's eye for precision, just sayin'. Hard to play the woodwinds with a fat lip, me thinks.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
meh.. at this point, the whole world is not only expecting massive SP scores from Med but also from Kaetlyn ;) winks ;)

I am pretty sure it makes sense that Keatlyn goes to Regina... it's so close to Edmonton... for once, she wouldn't have to travel too far...

In an Olympic year and have never been to SK...thinking a road trip to Regina, should that be her chosen NA GP. The raise a little hell tour, even...anyone with me?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
So nice to read a veteran I see, on another post write, "the Top Picks are...

Hanyu, Uno, Jin
Medvedeva, Osmond, Daleman
Cong / Han, Savchenko / Massot, Tarasova / Morozov
Virtue / Moir, Papadakis / Cizeron, Shibutanis"

Life is good!

Last edited: