2016 Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
The junior dance team has already achieved Four Continents scores. Does anyone know if they are competing?[/QUODid they get them at a senior comp?

They earned the TES score for 4CC's dance at the Colorado Springs JGP. It was a high-scoring event. Almost everyone had a personal best. (M&C broke the junior record for the SD there). I believe the base value for the Starlight Waltz--the required pattern in the junior SD--is higher that the base value for the Ravensburger--the required pattern in the senior SD. Not sure whether I am recalling this correctly. Think it was mentioned in a post quite a while ago. But if true, it helps explain why the junior SD scores have seemed so high compared to the senior SD scores this season. If Friend & Badaoui go to 4CC's, they would obviously have to skate a different SD.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The first girl named Johanna ALLIK has an interesting career since she once tried to be ice dancer and then came back to a single skater. She performed to Hip Hip Chin Chin, the same music that Ashley Wanger does.

By the way, I like the detailed showing of skaters' scores on the screen. It is a quick and specific summary of how skaters earn their score.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The skaters in the second group start to do their warm-ups. Angelina Kuchvalska will be the first skater to run.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The stream constantly frustrates me...I almost missed to see the Swedish skater's performance.

Edit: I'm lowering the stream quality from 480 to 360. I hope it gets better.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Buchanan just missed the minimum TES for World by 0.04
Earlier Robertson missed it by 0.6

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yes, I watched Brooklee HAN, but it wasn't her best sakte :(

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, Amy Lin, what a joy to watch! I've seen her several times this season, IRC she was born and raised in USA. She trains in the country as well, but just represent Taiwan. She was the fastest skater so far.

Ekm

On the Ice
Wow, Amy Lin, what a joy to watch! I've seen her several times this season, IRC she was born and raised in USA. She trains in the country as well, but just represent Taiwan. She was the fastest skater so far.

I agree, I was really impressed. Her skating also seemed more natural and less labored than the two earlier skaters in the group. The skater going now seems pretty decent as well at least in terms of her presentation.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I agree, I was really impressed. Her skating also seemed more natural and less labored than the two earlier skaters in the group. The skater going now seems pretty decent as well.

Yes, totally agreed. Her skating skills, and presentation stood out. Did you see her tilt her head toward the screen? She was an entertainer with quite a personality. :luv17:

Ekm

On the Ice
I really hope Mae can deliver a strong performance here, and set herself up well for the rest of the season.