2016 Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Mentor Nestlé Nesquik Torun Cup

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The final group is up, Mae will be the fourth skater to run. I hope she has a great skate since she was not in a good shape this season due to her injury.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I agree, I was really impressed. Her skating also seemed more natural and less labored than the two earlier skaters in the group. The skater going now seems pretty decent as well.

I really liked the way Joanna So moves! And her spins were really nice too :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Nicole Schott skated to Send in a Crown. I can't help but recall Yuna.

Ekm

On the Ice
Galustyan did a nice job. I'm not feeling her costume though, and for some reason the hollister hoodie in the kiss and cry made me :rofl:.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Galustyan did a nice job. I'm not feeling her costume though, and for some reason the hollister hoodie in the kiss and cry made me :rofl:.

Yeah, instead of her training jacket with a symbol for her country, she wore like just an ordinary kid hanging around at school.

By the way, a skater seems withdrawn.

Latvian

On the Ice
AK leads SP :)

1 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT 58.14 (33.14+25.00)
2 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM 56.42 (33.20+23.22)
3 Mae-Berenice MEITE FRA 51.66 (30.00+22.66)

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Brooklee :sad21:

Yaaaaaaaaaay, Kailani :yay:

Chantelle :confused2: At least she already has the SP minimum.

Also, waah, Charlton :(

And waaaaaaaaaah, Jessica and Ryan :(

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
How did Meite look? Low score for her. Hope she can come back fully for Europeans :)

Inga JANULEVICIUTE Lithuania.

She landed all her planed jumps on one foot and rotated fully, but the landings were somewhat scratchy. However, the program was filled with vivid and lively energy. She was much better than her showing at TEB. I think she will get in a better form at Euros.

Last edited:

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
They earned the TES score for 4CC's dance at the Colorado Springs JGP. It was a high-scoring event. Almost everyone had a personal best. (M&C broke the junior record for the SD there). I believe the base value for the Starlight Waltz--the required pattern in the junior SD--is higher that the base value for the Ravensburger--the required pattern in the senior SD. Not sure whether I am recalling this correctly. Think it was mentioned in a post quite a while ago. But if true, it helps explain why the junior SD scores have seemed so high compared to the senior SD scores this season. If Friend & Badaoui go to 4CC's, they would obviously have to skate a different SD.

How can the earn 4CCsvores at a JGP? Didn't know junior scores could transfer up to senior

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
How can the earn 4CCsvores at a JGP? Didn't know junior scores could transfer up to senior

They do. It's the same scoring system. If a junior does a quad triple it's worth just as many points as if a senior does a quad triple. It's possible F&B may have another qualifying score, but I remembered their celebration from the JGP in Colorado Springs, and the commentator mentioned that they must have earned some form of qualifying score. So I checked the ISU page with their names, and the Colorado JGP score is listed as their Personal Best.

How else would Nathan be in the running for Worlds? It's generally harder for the junior men to score as well as seniors since they can't do the quad in the SP at junior events, and they have fewer elements that are scored. I'm guessing likewise, the same is often true in dance; but this year, as I mentioned, I believe the junior pattern may have a higher base value than the senior one. Dancers, however, have an especially hard time jumping up from juniors into a senior event because they have to create a different SD to fit the senior rhythm requirements. Singles athletes have to lengthen their FS, but they don't have to select new music. That said, Nazarova & Nikitin did what was necessary and competed in dance at Senior Worlds after their junior season last year. If the Australians wish to do so for 4CCs, they can.

Last edited by a moderator:

brookes1968

Rinkside
They do. It's the same scoring system. If a junior does a quad triple it's worth just as many points as if a senior does a quad triple. It's possible F&B may have another qualifying score, but I remembered their celebration from the JGP in Colorado Springs, and the commentator mentioned that they must have earned some form of qualifying score. So I checked the ISU page with their names, and the Colorado JGP score is listed as their Personal Best.

How else would Nathan be in the running for Worlds? It's generally harder for the junior men to score as well as seniors since they can't do the quad in the SP at junior events, and they have fewer elements that are scored. I'm guessing likewise, the same is often true in dance; but this year, as I mentioned, I believe the junior pattern may have a higher base value than the senior one. Dancers, however, have an especially hard time jumping up from juniors into a senior event because they have to create a different SD to fit the senior rhythm requirements. Singles athletes have to lengthen their FS, but they don't have to select new music. That said, Nazarova & Nikitin did what was necessary and competed in dance at Senior Worlds after their junior season last year. If the Australians wish to do so for 4CCs, they can.

Have they done a senior comp yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know F&B have only competed in junior. There is a senior team competing for Aus but I think they are Canadian (?) and from their scores not very strong. But what a skate from Kailani!!

NaVi

Medalist
Ekaterina Kurakova - 48.32 - 3lz(turnout)+2T 3F(two hands down IIRC) 2A

Jumps weren't really working today for her... they moved her 3F to the 2nd half of the program which makes it better... but I think she should be doing a loop and not a flip. It'll be interesting to see how she's grown in a couple years(since she's so tiny) but I doubt she's getting a JGP spot next year.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Ekaterina Kurakova - 48.32 - 3lz(turnout)+2T 3F(two hands down IIRC) 2A

Jumps weren't really working today for her... they moved her 3F to the 2nd half of the program which makes it better... but I think she should be doing a loop and not a flip. It'll be interesting to see how she's grown in a couple years(since she's so tiny) but I doubt she's getting a JGP spot next year.

for juniors, non-axel solo jump must be flip this year