2016 Skate Canada Exhibition Gala | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Exhibition Gala

Lambari

Final Flight
It makes her legs look even more thin :noshake:

For me it's the opposite. With the half covered boots her feet used to look like big chunks contrasting with her thing legs because my eyes used to go straight to them. It seemed like she was trying extra hard to launch into her jumps and it gave a bit of a laboured impression.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Sex at the EX

I enjoyed the show,

Evgenia was lovely, she has so much talent and variety, to always come up with something new and the Japanese photographer will never stop smiling after he had a 3 seconds date with the beautiful Russian lady.
Alaine had a date with the peace corps and a fun dress with lots of peace signs, maybe she wanted to send us all a message? ;) Kaety was wonderful, I so like it if she has her hair open, while skating to such soft music, she has such a sneaky style of skating, it always looks wonderful and it was a true Osmond again, wasn´t it? She lost some of her glitter stones and wanted to know how cold the ice really is. :cool:

Misha was my favorite guy, he so got the groove in his pants, next time I throw a party, I ditch the female dancers and invite him!

Anna and Luca, as always classy - I saw it at Oberstdorf already and when she grabs his butt, so funny! Alexandra and Ivan, seriously where is the queue to join, for a date with her? They play a lot with her looks, but I don´t mind, lovely dance moves in the middle of their program! Madi & Evan, as always wonderful and they have so many great messages in their program, like with the beauty magazines or "don´t be reckless with other peoples hearts". I think many people don´t even realize how spot on their EX is, it says a lot about people and how life is all about looks, money and own interests. They might play the funny guys a lot or the party animals, but they are very honest and thoughtful skaters too and I like Evans crazy moves at the part with the body, prior to the backspin and when the vocals of "everybody´s free" kick in they look so wonderful together or when Madi is in the air at the last lift, so beautiful :)

From one beautiful lady to another, Kaitlin and Jean Luc - they are such a charming couple arn´t they, bit like sex on ice, so seductive, or what about our wonderful Luba and Dylan, she always looks so happy, I also noticed that in competition and she shouldn´t be sad about the missed landing in the Free, it´s just what happens sometimes - figure skating problems right, Dylan? ;) So much creativity in that EX, the lifts - they were not holding back at all - wonderful couple which now has a own Zoo as well!

Last but not least, Haven and Brandon - so nice how they let the crowd get involved when she is sitting on the boards and I admit, I would have asked her for the number first, before she took off with that guy ;) Missed opportunity by the lady in white!

Overall, very enjoyable really, but Bieber music with Tessa and Scott, that was quite a surprise, why not Selena Gomez - I like Selena, she has so much fire, but sadly the wrong on / off BF... and I hope she will recover quickly. Honestly, I usually like people with pet names, like Hase or Road-dog, Hotdog... äh no that´s food, anyways, but Bieber ... no men likes Justin Bieber, how did Tessa convince Scott I wonder :laugh:

Thanks everyone, I am sure I forget skaters, ya Hanyu was great, he always skates with so much heart that guy and our Liza with her Mambo and seriously she looks good in all she wears ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was half hoping that Med was going to skate her EX to History Maker. Darn.

Give her a bit more time - she doesn't want to just throw the ex out there with just a couple of weeks' work. ;)

Rissa

Record Breaker
lol, commentator of polish stream summed up Chan and Hanyu :laugh2:

What did they say?

Here's translation of these two guys' convo:

"Both of them are magnificent skaters but I can't imagine Yuzuru Hanyu skating a program like that, so chill, in a costume like that. Reversely, it's hard to imagine Chan in those balletic, exalted themes that we could see from Hanyu."

"Well, Hanyu is kind of like a precious rare flower, beautifully nurtured, ethereal and delicate whereas Chan is a man, strong... and that's got its good side too. "

:laugh2:

loopy

Final Flight
Loved Misha so much, esp the laying on the ice. He had to have been on toe picks for 30percent of the program. I wish I knew what the commentators were saying!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Too many programs I don't understand yet skaters tried hard to sell.

Evgenia: totally didn't understand her program. Is that supposed to a housewife's day dreaming? I thought the second half is her voice singing. I feel it sounds like her own voice.:scratch2:

Hao Zhang & Xiaoyu Yu: Don't know what the program is about. He was smoking a cigarette acting cool at the beginning, and then... it looks like they were improvising their choreography. It looked like a passionate love story, which is surprising... everyone complained the lack of chemistry between the two, and then they went for this for an ex:confused:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Too many programs I don't understand yet skaters tried hard to sell.

Evgenia: totally didn't understand her program. Is that supposed to a housewife's day dreaming? I thought the second half is her voice singing. I feel it sounds like her own voice.:scratch2:

Hao Zhang & Xiaoyu Yu: Don't know what the program is about. He was smoking a cigarette acting cool at the beginning, and then... it looks like they were improvising their choreography. It looked like a passionate love story, which is surprising... everyone complained the lack of chemistry between the two, and then they went for this for an ex:confused:

Well, I think for Evgenia, the lyrics of the songs are somewhat important to understand the program. The first song is basically a woman telling a man to stop using pick up phrases on her. And the second sort of says she can take any man she wants. :shrug:

Zhang and Yu's EX is set to the music of the movie Leon. The movie is about a hitman taking in a 12 y/o after her family is murdered, she then becomes her protégée and teaches her the ways of a hitman.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thanks. I watched Leon many years ago, but don't remember any soundtrack from the movie.

Well, I think for Evgenia, the lyrics of the songs are somewhat important to understand the program. The first song is basically a woman telling a man to stop using pick up phrases on her. And the second sort of says she can take any man she wants. :shrug:

Zhang and Yu's EX is set to the music of the movie Leon. The movie is about a hitman taking in a 12 y/o after her family is murdered, she then becomes her protégée and teaches her the ways of a hitman.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Because I don't know who sing Wiggle by Jason Derulo (I only google it now), I am so fool and think that the Juicy Wiggle that Misha Ge is doing in his EX is the same wiggle by jason derulo :rofl: I even imagine him doing the "wiggle" dance :laugh:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Yuzu's EX music. And if TAT wanted him to skate to it, couldn't she have choreographed it? That I would have loved to see! :love:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Yuzu's EX music. And if TAT wanted him to skate to it, couldn't she have choreographed it? That I would have loved to see! :love:

I've just managed to put it out of my mind and now you've reminded me of it again. Drat. Seriously, I've been dreaming of a Tarasova choreography for him for so long but especially since last year and then the whole Boston thing. I think I'd keel over. I simply thought it wasn't going to happen but then we go and hear this and I've been so bummed. I mean it's fabulous she gave him the music, don't get me wrong and that is special on its own but dear heavens, please just one program? Just one? Sigh. To use one of Yuzuru's words - kuyashii! And not the good kind either! :laugh:

Someone put a bug into Tarasova's ear please.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I've just managed to put it out of my mind and now you've reminded me of it again. Drat. Seriously, I've been dreaming of a Tarasova choreography for him for so long but especially since last year and then the whole Boston thing. I think I'd keel over. I simply thought it wasn't going to happen but then we go and hear this and I've been so bummed. I mean it's fabulous she gave him the music, don't get me wrong and that is special on its own but dear heavens, please just one program? Just one? Sigh. To use one of Yuzuru's words - kuyashii! And not the good kind either! :laugh:

Someone put a bug into Tarasova's ear please.

Oops, sorry ;) But it would be so amazing! All the lovely Gala programs Tat did for Mao, or some for Adelina, or... just :love: There is still the Olympic season, and Yuzu said how happy he was Tat approached him... maybe there is hope! :love:

Would kidnapping Tat also be an option? :biggrin:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Oops, sorry ;) But it would be so amazing! All the lovely Gala programs Tat did for Mao, or some for Adelina, or... just :love: There is still the Olympic season, and Yuzu said how happy he was Tat approached him... maybe there is hope! :love:

Would kidnapping Tat also be an option? :biggrin:

It's ok, they are talking about it in the Yuzuru thread now too, I am cursed. But right?! I can just imagine what she'd come up for him and :love: When she said she gave him the music she said maybe one day, one day and just ... come on! Don't one day us or it'll never happen. He'd never ask though so it has to be her. Come on dear lady, Olympic season indeed.

I am totally down for that though I am not so sure we could handle her! She'd probably have us both for breakfast! :laugh:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
It's ok, they are talking about it in the Yuzuru thread now too, I am cursed. But right?! I can just imagine what she'd come up for him and :love: When she said she gave him the music she said maybe one day, one day and just ... come on! Don't one day us or it'll never happen. He'd never ask though so it has to be her. Come on dear lady, Olympic season indeed.

I am totally down for that though I am not so sure we could handle her! She'd probably have us both for breakfast! :laugh:

True, he wouldn't ask, that would look to demanding for him... argh. Online petition? If there ever was a time for one, it is now!

Oh god yes, she would :laugh: okay, one of us comes in a Yuzu costume an the other as Winnie the Pooh!