2016 Skate Canada Men's LP | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's LP

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The men's competition as a whole was pretty terrible. Uninspiring programs.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Before the endless pages and long essays about overmarking occur lets just all agree both Hanyu and Chan were grossly overmarked with what they put on ice and be done with it ;)

da96103

Record Breaker
Yuzu and Denis Ten should hug and make up since they were both robbed by the same person.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Chan first and Hanyu second is fair considering both the short and long programs

Agreed. Hanyu was far superior to Chan technically but downgrading both quad loops and turning two other quads to a triple and a double really gave up a ton of points. Then again Chan also gave up points turning triples to doubles. It was an early season competition where the FS made up for a shaky SP.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Congratulations to Patrick!! :) Not perfect, but good efforts on both programs for the win!

sallycinnamon

Medalist
This Patrick vs Yuzuru fight today reminded me so much of Sochi2014...and everyone is happy for the surprise medalist, this time not Denis Ten but Kevin Reynolds.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay, would you rather want me to run a statistical analysis of men or ladies here? (by volume of judging complaints...)

mish

Match Penalty
Osmond was overscored as heck, but at least she didn't rob anyone of her placement.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Some please explain the potato king to me, please. :laugh:

Potato medal is "the 4th place" and Brezina has had a streak of 4th places at Worlds, Euros. Then he got a Euro bronze and later he started bombing so badly that 4th place was a mirage.
Now he's back on track! :rock:

Lambari

Final Flight
I don't even know if anyone ever puts other result than Patick 1st and Yuzuru 2nd at their predictions for Skate Canada?? Where have these people have been, well, all of their careers. :rofl2:

I swear Hanyu is going to have a plethora of SC silver medals by the time he retires. And Patrick of SC gold. :coffee:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Over marked or not, I'm happy for all the medalists. Now, I have to go and cook dinner..:bed:

da96103

Record Breaker
Before the endless pages and long essays about overmarking occur lets just all agree both Hanyu and Chan were grossly overmarked with what they put on ice and be done with it ;)

Glad you got that in before Category 5 Hurricane Yuzuchan strikes.