2016 Skate Canada Men's LP | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's LP

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Chan has impressive technical skills but imho still lacks charisma, showmanship, personality, pizazz, interpretation. There's no "X Factor" like there is with YUZU

I could not disagree more.

You know my Mom lives in a very Bible Belt area, and being the nice Irish Catholic woman she is, she will listen to all the Born Agains coming to her door trying to convert her. That is, until they start criticizing other religions. In which case she tells them, "If you have to boost your beliefs by criticizing others, it doesn't say much for your beliefs does it?"

My Mom is a very cool Wise Woman.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This thread is going to be nuts.

Hanyu won the free but was only 4th in the short. That's is why he lost.

Feel badly for Mura.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well these standings did a bunch of flipflopping. Brezina from 9th to 4th. Mura from 2nd to 8th. Eek.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yay Kevin!!! He put in a technical show and deserves the medal.

Although I'm gutted for Mura - this was a real opportunity to get back on the podium but such a meltdown.

Still, if we can't agree on everything, at least we can agree this was a MUCH better FS than the SP!!!

eta

Medalist
Do not see a big difference between Ashley winning last week with a big lead after the short and Chan here! Yet such things are OK when they happen at SA!

So Ashley also popped multiple jumps and fell during her FS? My memory is failing I suppose.

begin

Medalist
Only crazy Canadian fans can think that 90+ PCS for THAT was reasonable. LOL.

I think 87 would've been reasonable. Yuzu should've gotten like 82-83 but we know that's never happening if he lands enough quads.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kevin (can I say "I told you so"?) and my other 3 faves Daniel, Misha and Michal for doing a very respectable job tonight! :cheer:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Is it just me or this season most of the skaters are in rough shape? last year i remember more clean performances at SA and SC.

This season look at those scores, almost every skater has a deduction.

Last edited: