2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

nadster

Final Flight
Jo Phan just skated a clean lp (minus a hand down) including 2 quads 1 3 axel and all other triples.. his TES was a whopping 93..... he finished with a 170LP... not bad for a 16 y o... It was the first time he was attempting 2 quad in this program.

I hope Nanny is happy cause daddy is over the moon :)

I think this may be the best score by a canadian man in the LP this season... but i could be wrong...

Good for Phan . I hope SC will give him a senior B because there is a possibility he could finish 2nd at nationals. He has skating skills to die for.

mrrice

Record Breaker
France does have a good pair ( They beat Duhamel Radford in the Autumn Classic though D/R got their revenge at Skate Canada ),

Both men and women in France are weak though.

Who is the top French Lady now? Is Maé-Bérénice Méité still the top Lady?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Good for Phan . I hope SC will give him a senior B because there is a possibility he could finish 2nd at nationals. He has skating skills to die for.

i hate doing this but i call him mini chiddy.... because he does have amazing skating skills but also, his jumps are just clean like Patrick's.... nice trajectory and gorgeous air position....

for those wondering.... in the fan fest, we "adopt" skaters... Last year at nationals, i went crazy and adopted Conrad Orzel... crazy, because I cannot even take care of a house plant... and now, I have a "son"? oh well mango is helping me tons with the maintenance... she is the best....

I then wanted to adopt Joseph when I saw his skate from CQE... but then... I just couldn't face it.. lol... and SnowWhite adopted him :) but we agreed that she is way too young to be his mother so I can still be Jo's daddy LOL and she's the Nanny....

Yeah.. I know... we are childish :) but it's just that we love our young Canadian quadsters :)

kresslia

Medalist
Kolyada is not exactly consistent. No man really is. It really will just come down to who is the most clean on the day of the team event.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kolyada has now become the first man to officially make the GPF, as inconsistent as he is. The Russians have already won 3 GP medals, a gold and two bronze (Kolyada and Samarin). The US has a gold (Chen), a silver (Brown), a bronze (Aaron) and a 4th place (Zhou). Canada has a 4th place (Chan), two 7th places (Nguyen and Nadeau) and two 8th places (Messing and Reynolds).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Jo Phan just skated a clean lp (minus a hand down) including 2 quads 1 3 axel and all other triples.. his TES was a whopping 93..... he finished with a 170LP... not bad for a 16 y o... It was the first time he was attempting 2 quad in this program.

I hope Nanny is happy cause daddy is over the moon :)

I think this may be the best score by a canadian man in the LP this season... but i could be wrong...

For those of you who couldn't tune into the livestream, you can watch my screen recording of Joseph's performance here (the password is joseph): https://vimeo.com/241414243

kenboy123

On the Ice
Kolyada is not exactly consistent. No man really is. It really will just come down to who is the most clean on the day of the team event.

I was thinking the same...just because he surprised on one competition early on doesn't mean that he will continue to do so, we haven't actually seen any other competition where he pulled that out...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was thinking the same...just because he surprised on one competition early on doesn't mean that he will continue to do so, we haven't actually seen any other competition where he pulled that out...

worlds 2016, he finished 4th... but he is on and off... we will see what happens later on this season... he still needs to qualify out of Russia, which is not automatic.

kresslia

Medalist
Kolyada has now become the first man to officially make the GPF, as inconsistent as he is. The Russians have already won 3 GP medals, a gold and two bronze (Kolyada and Samarin). The US has a gold (Chen), a silver (Brown), a bronze (Aaron) and a 4th place (Zhou). Canada has a 4th place (Chan), two 7th places (Nguyen and Nadeau) and two 8th places (Messing and Reynolds).
k, but not everyone you're talking about here will be competing. For Canada, Chan will be doing both programs if SC is really serious about this gold medal, the placings of the other 4 are irrelevant.

Chan, Kolyada, and Chen for that matter all have similar PBs in the SP. Chan and Chen have similar PBs in the LP, around 15-20 points higher than Kolyada. It is really a wait and see type of thing, when men's consistency is so off.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Kirsten & Michael's bronze is their second medal this season. That was great for them. They've been ranked as Canada's 4th pair but they are continuing to work on things and improve, especially after all that time away from skating for Kirsten due to her concussion. Their bronze here was with an almost 20 point improvement over their last GP medal, another bronze at SCI15.

CBC's article: Canada's Moore-Towers, Marinaro earn bronze at Cup of China

Medals count

8 gold, 4 silver, 8 bronze

20 total

I am going to share this article too though I fear I might add some fuel to some fires. It's about Australian judge Alison Ryan. She was judge number 6 in the ladies event at Skate Canada. She speaks about Kaetlyn Osmond and Newfoundland.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...yan-skate-canada-judge-newfoundland-1.4386544

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Good news. TSN is airing the Skate Canada Gala. Their schedule is here: https://twitter.com/SkateTSN/status/926549821376344064

Single session tickets are on sale for Nationals: https://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/140176/891325

Nam is taking over CBC's Instagram story. He was out for a run just now: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNDatlAF5B/

CBC did a video titled How Fast Do Figure Skaters Spin?

Skate Canada and USFSA apparently have a sanctioned event in Amherst, NY running November 18-19. The Amherst Invitational and Basic Skating Skills Competition.

Sectional events are wrapping up this weekend. Please check out the Canadian sub forum for schedules, results, and livestreaming info.