2017 GP NHK Exhibition Gala | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Exhibition Gala

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
According to the official site, the Gala is supposed to start at 15:00 h local time. So in about an hour.

Does anyway have the lineup? :scratch2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Does anyway have the lineup? :scratch2:

ETA:

Revised line-up, including music choices and names of ice dancers:

https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/929586228223270912

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to hear a few seconds of Rippon singing into a microphone, check out Mirai's Instagram story :popcorn:. He is on ice -- I think prob. at the gala rehearsal.

ETA:
And yes, Adam's music for the gala is: "Diamonds performed by Adam Rippon".​

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
World Feed is now on air (although the stream on the Eurosport Player is still showing the blue screen).

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...k-trophy/c0f7b9b6-c9e9-4ccc-b144-bed04e9db524

Unfortunately, the Gala is not being shown LIVE on Eurosport’s linear TV channels. :disapp:

...BUT, there will be highlights later on at various times depending on where you are.

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOaNvB1UIAA-J6c.jpg

(I'll replace this pre-Free Dance schedule link with a link to a complete version if somebody can find one. Thank you so much to ice coverage for finding this one to keep us going. :bow: :clap: :points:

EDIT: Thank you to ice coverage for subsequently finding the full version as well! Just in time for the start! :bow: :clap: :points:

I have now replaced the link).​

Hope this helps.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

notunprepared

On the Ice
Omg Adam is literally on ice and singing. How many skills can one man have? :luv17:

Edit: it's a shame there's an echo

notunprepared

On the Ice
That's kind of a ripoff. People paid to see.a skating exhibition, not bad karaoke.

I thought he was quite good. And he did put some skating in there. There are enough other skates I think in the gala, it's probably nice to see something different.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I think with a little bit of retooling, that Diamons program could be a show stopper. As in, if Adam started out singing, then put down the microphone for a bit of actual skating during a bridge/instrumental part, maybe to end off with some singing again? That would bring the house down! Completely different from every other program out there.

Or-- it's kind of bonkers to think about, but with a headset microphone, there's no reason why Adam couldn't skate and sing at the same time. Nothing too technical or difficult, but if Broadway actors can sing and dance at the same time, why not ice skaters????

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I think with a little bit of retooling, that Diamons program could be a show stopper. As in, if Adam started out singing, then put down the microphone for a bit of actual skating during a bridge/instrumental part, maybe to end off with some singing again? That would bring the house down! Completely different from every other program out there.

Or-- it's kind of bonkers to think about, but with a headset microphone, there's no reason why Adam couldn't skate and sing at the same time. Nothing too technical or difficult, but if Broadway actors can sing and dance at the same time, why not ice skaters????

Those would be fine. But just singing while sliding around is not my cup of tea.