2017 GP NHK Exhibition Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Exhibition Gala

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think with a little bit of retooling, that Diamons program could be a show stopper. As in, if Adam started out singing, then put down the microphone for a bit of actual skating during a bridge/instrumental part, maybe to end off with some singing again? That would bring the house down! Completely different from every other program out there.

Or-- it's kind of bonkers to think about, but with a headset microphone, there's no reason why Adam couldn't skate and sing at the same time. Nothing too technical or difficult, but if Broadway actors can sing and dance at the same time, why not ice skaters????

First of all, Diamonds has been an exhibition (just not his singing originally). Secondly, it would be hard to breathe the way you have to for skating and perform the tricks and spins while singing. Hence why Adam didn't do anything too exciting (skating wise) while singing just now.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
First of all, Diamonds has been an exhibition (just not his singing originally). Secondly, it would be hard to breathe the way you have to for skating and perform the tricks and spins while singing.
You should watch a Babymetal concert and rethink your assumptions.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I skate and sing and not at the same time because I know how I need to breathe for each. So there. Good enough for you?!:sarcasm:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Kazuki skating his American In Paris and Kao Miura skating his Phantom later~:hap93:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Tomono Kazuki is performing an adaption of last year's free. I didn't think he'd have an original exhibition program ready.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
First of all, Diamonds has been an exhibition (just not his singing originally). Secondly, it would be hard to breathe the way you have to for skating and perform the tricks and spins while singing. Hence why Adam didn't do anything too exciting (skating wise) while singing just now.

Well, I'm not suggesting a competition-level degree of content. Just, it ought theoretically to be possible for him to do more than just glide around a bit while singing. Or, like I said, to combine both the singing and skating in different segments. I'm sure it's difficult for Broadway performers to breath correctly to both sing and dance at the same time, and yet they do it 8-10 shows a week...

But what do I know, I'm not a competitive figure skater. I can see not wanting to expend that degree of time and effort developing an exhibition piece during the Olympic season. But I'd sure watch the heck out of something like that at an ice show.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well, I'm not suggesting a competition-level degree of content. Just, it ought theoretically to be possible for him to do more than just glide around a bit while singing. Or, like I said, to combine both the singing and skating in different segments. I'm sure it's difficult for Broadway performers to breath correctly to both sing and dance at the same time, and yet they do it 8-10 shows a week...

But what do I know, I'm not a competitive figure skater. I can see not wanting to expend that degree of time and effort developing an exhibition piece during the Olympic season. But I'd sure watch the heck out of something like that at an ice show.

Again, the breathing is different. That would be interesting though at a show.

- - - Updated - - -

:rolleye:

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker

Or a Kisumai concert. :biggrin:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Or a Kisumai concert. :biggrin:

When they breathe like figure skaters have to when performing, let me know.

I can see why none of the other regulars are here so I'll be on my way like they are. I'm out.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to Ksenia & Fedor, they always have a wonderful performance.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
When they breathe like figure skaters have to when performing, let me know.

I can see why none of the other regulars are here so I'll be on my way like they are. I'm out.

Kis-My-Ft2's whole schtick is that they sing/perform while on rollerskates. Sure they're not high level athletes (or vocalist, for that matter) but still...
And I was just being silly anyway. Didn't you notice the smiley? Please relax~

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I started watching from the beginning before realising that the second half is beginning soon, but I saw Domo-kun! I love that brown brick thing. :laugh:

It's back on with an Novice skater from Japan skating to Phantom of the Opera, he's really very good despite that! ;)

champs

Final Flight
Very complimentary comment by Nobunari on Polina's jumps.

The NHK broadcast is commentated by Nobunari Oda and Aiko Uemura, the latter the former 5-time Olympian in freestyle skiing, and they talked about how Deniss' signature sit spin is a favorite spin of hers, giving her an illusion in the direction of the spins.

champs

Final Flight
Mesmerizing. Not a fan of the scores judges give her, but her skating is better than ever.

Kori behind Jason smiling and holding her camera to wait for a capture moment.