2017 IdF Practice Reports | Golden Skate

2017 IdF Practice Reports

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I thought I'd start this so that we can have a space to discuss practice reports!
This happened at Skate Canada, Cup of China, and NHK Trophy so here it is!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh, that was a 'classic' Shoma fall, nothing to worry about.

Flu...oh no....I hope he's healthy enough to get at least 4th! :cry:

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Apparently Kaliszek and Spodirev had a fall in the SD similar to the one SinKats had in Minsk. Hope they are ok.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So according to the practice schedule, there were official practices in all disciplines today. There isn’t much info on Twitter - are practices closed to the public? I’m really curious to know whether Javi is recovered, how D10 and the US guys look, how Polina Edmunds looks, etc. If you’re there, any info would be appreciated!

danse

On the Ice
Ravi Walia posted Osmond doing a clean triple flip/triple toe combo. That's pretty much all I have found Canadian-wise on Instagram.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So according to the practice schedule, there were official practices in all disciplines today. There isn’t much info on Twitter - are practices closed to the public? I’m really curious to know whether Javi is recovered, how D10 and the US guys look, how Polina Edmunds looks, etc. If you’re there, any info would be appreciated!

I went last year when it was in Paris and practice was closed for everyone but the press. They did allow school children to come in though to cheer on the skaters but that was it :scowl:

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
I went last year when it was in Paris and practice was closed for everyone but the press. They did allow school children to come in though to cheer on the skaters but that was it :scowl:

Well why aren't they tweeting then? PUT THOSE KIDS TO WORK

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Thanks, RemyRose - that explains the silence!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
actually practices were open today and people could buy tickets for 5euros. some people streamed practice run throughs from Shoma, Denis, P/C etc.
personally i only watched Shoma who was a hot mess and P/C who didn't appear super clean but also left a lot of elements out so it's difficult to really judge.
from what i saw on twitter Denis mostly marked jumps, Vincent was "very enthusiastic" during his run through, Mai was also super consistent as usual

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
personally i only watched Shoma who was a hot mess and P/C who didn't appear super clean but also left a lot of elements out so it's difficult to really judge.

Shoma has been a hot mess in practices for all the competitions I have seen him in. He won two out of three.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
yeah that's true but he said he only resumed training one week ago after very bad flu that took him out of training for a bit and made him lose weight. So idk, we will see