2017 Japan Open | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Japan Open

madison

Record Breaker
So Alina complicated furthermore the tech side of her program, now she has to work on speed and emoting more.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I liked Karenina more than previous LP but we will see what Evgenia does in Moscow
It has more potential as an Olympic program

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I prefer this program for Evgenia, in fact I liked it :eek:

And in a world where skaters are giving us the same damn programs over and over, I am grateful that Evgenia gives us more than one program per season.

That would be pretty cool. If she skates to one program in one competition and to another program the next. Anyway, I think it's a rushed decision to abandon the program. She wasn't perfect at Nepala, so there was possibility to grow.

Kittosuni

Medalist
This program is pleasant at best even if she hit it at her best unlike the old one that has the potential to be super stunning especially in the olympics.

I really need to know the reasoning of changing her program because I think she just shot her self in the foot with this stupid decision.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Also, if I may add... I feel like sometimes Evgenia just can't win (I mean, outside of the rink :biggrin:). Let me explain.

She had the Leftovers programs and people criticized her because:
-The same as the old one
-Too boring
-Always the same style of music
-Too much backloading
-She always starts and ends with the same pose

She changed it to Anna Karenina and now:
-Music is too dramatic
-Not mature enough to skate it
-Same layout as last year instead of a new one
-Poses are to theatrical

:scratch2: what can she do?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What I've seen from the japanese Ladies so far I think Wakaba's LP is the best of them all. Mai is technically really good, but....I don't really feel much excitement or rewatch value in her program.

Oh, Bychenko and Bolero!

Kittosuni

Medalist
But in this one she should be really dramatic and kind of femme fatale.

Right??? I dont really get what her team is thinking.

Averbuch better be outraged right now that they change his program to this. He better be throwing lamp shades and stuff!

Seruleane

Final Flight
What I've seen from the japanese Ladies so far I think Wakaba's LP is the best of them all. Mai is technically really good, but....I don't really feel much excitement or rewatch value in her program.

Oh, Bychenko and Bolero!

Agreed- I love Wakaba's Bond program. She skates like she owns the ice already, and it's still so early. None of the other ladies have anything close to it yet. Here's hoping she peaks at the right time.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Also, if I may add... I feel like sometimes Evgenia just can't win (I mean, outside of the rink :biggrin:). Let me explain.

-The same as the old one
-Too boring
-Too much backloading

-Music is too dramatic
-Poses are to theatrical

:scratch2: what can she do?

Ever thought that it's not the same people who criticize different things with the programs?

Shoma, you doll! :bow:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Ever thought that it's not the same people who criticize different things with the programs?

Shoma, you doll! :bow:

Obviously it's fine to have preferences and to criticize her for one thing or the other :) (for example, I hated the music cuts and the extreme backloading in Leftovers), but if you go around on twitter\youtube\ecc you will genuinely see many people who will criticize her for all of the above simpy because she is the most visible target now, which I think is so silly!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Damn! Oda could come out of retirement and become the third man on Japan's Olympic team!

…or so I thought before the first fall…

madison

Record Breaker

-The same as the old one
-Too boring
-Too much backloading

-Music is too dramatic
-Poses are to theatrical

:scratch2: what can she do?[/QUOTE
She can start by changing the same old mimics with emoting some authentic feelings over there :agree: and the rest will come.
Almost every time I watch Medvedeva skating I have the impression she is playing in a bad (overly dramatic in a superficial way) play

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Aaagh! Seeing Nobu here makes me wish he was still competing. Nobu is the best! -I wish he had chosen his 'Build a home' program though. I liked it more.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ohhh Nobu, you are amazing, please come back (didnt like the program that much though :slink:) :pray:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker

-The same as the old one
-Too boring
-Too much backloading

-Music is too dramatic
-Poses are to theatrical

:scratch2: what can she do?[/QUOTE
She can start by changing the same old mimics with emoting some authentic feelings over there :agree: and the rest will come.
Almost every time I watch Medvedeva skating I have the impression she is playing in a bad (overly dramatic in a superficial way) play

That's fine, but then why is no one criticizing Karen Chen for literally mimicking STABBING HERSELF in her program? Or did I see that wrong :unsure: