2017 Worlds on-site reports | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds on-site reports

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I just went to the edea booth because I knew that they hand out pretty postcards with skaters pictures.... The booth is in front of section 106 and the line (of, surprise surprise, mostly Japanese ladies) ended at section 108..... I think I'm good :laugh2: no pretty postcards for me, thanks

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am a crying mess. I just saw Kiira Korpi and Laura Lepisto skate together on the ice in the opening ceremony.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Just saw Massimo Scali and Alexander Smirnov zoom past me on the concourse. Yuri Larionov sat behind me during ladies SP.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I have seen the ladies after the SP, when they were coming in and out of the media/VIP centre. Ashley was very sweet, she went to all the little girls who were waiting for her. Anna Pogorilaya is beautiful off the ice too. Mai Mihara cried and was very disappointed. :(

Merjan

On the Ice
I saw some of the men on the way to the draw and I got a photo of Nathan, Javi and Kevin.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonight in the hallway I saw coach / choreographer Pasquale Camerlengo. Sitting in the row in front of me was American pair team Cain & Leduc.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
A few random thoughts...

Yesterday ladies short was an outstanding competition... too many wonderful performances to mention... loved Wakaba and Ivett... Medvedeva as fearless and consistent as ever... Dabin is just outside top 10, and how heroic would it be if she could move up one more place and earn 2 places for Korean Olympics?! So happy for Rika. Shocked by uncharacteristic error by Mai. Sad for the skaters who didn't qualify for FS :-/

Very high standards in Pairs too... such that mistakes proved very costly for several top teams. Loved loved loved Sui and Han. Amazed yet again by Bruno's monstrous power and strength, I'm used to seeing him bring Aliona down from a lift and then push her right back up before she touches down... but now seeing him catch her after twist... and rather than guide her down like other pairs, he fully catches her and places her back on the ice.

Men's practices have been pretty scrappy in general... nobody looks in top form... I'm not expecting an outstanding SP competition like the ladies. I think it will be won by whoever is mentally stronger - whoever has the fighting spirit, determination and self-confidence to rise to the occasion and deliver when it matters... as usual, anything might happen...! ;-D

Many of the mens toilets in the arena were "converted" to ladies... smart decision!

Arena food from "street food deli" kiosks has been very paletable and tasty! Not exactly cheap though.

So wonderful to see Laura Lipisto about. Kiira too. Wish they were still competing, both are still so young. Apart from performing in the Opening, Laura is commentating etc

Days are very long and tiring if we attend practices as well as competitions. So reports and photos likely to be sparse now...

I've taken a LOT of photos, there will be many thousands by the end. It will take weeks to sort through them, and upload...

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
There were too much flash from audience during men practice.
And Fuji tivi turned on 2 huge lights right on one side of the arena.

Please tell me they're not using flash and those huge lights in competition. It's horrible and distracting!

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I have lost my phone but the security stuff found it and gave it back to me. They were very helpful. I feel so relieved, I have never lost anything before...

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Some complains.

They should repeat not the use flashlights more often because people are using them.

Yes, the costumes of the flower girls. They might have wanted to have neutral colours, but they did not have to be so neutral. I had a swimming suit like that on 60's.

Some flower girl almost got a hit from a flat thing they are sometimes throwing.

Yes, too bright lights.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I could've sworn Elizabet wore Yuna's 2010 olympic dress in the practice :laugh:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I could've sworn Elizabet wore Yuna's 2010 olympic dress in the practice [emoji23]
What?! Which of Yuna's costume? :)

I bumped into Javi ten minutes ago, he was wearing his Budy Holly glasses. :) Yesterday I caught a glimpse of Yuzuru and met Nathan. Saw many other skaters too, Brown, Ten, MCM, Reynolds, Tanaka, Boyang etc.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's not actually the same, but it does look a lot like her Gershwin dress. Here.

Come on.. that totally is!!!! I love Elizabet's Skater Asian Female Sydrome. (rip off of Single White Female Sydrome)

Hey I recognized this music. Is this Princess Mononoke from Studio Ghibli?

Yup that is her FS this year, but I don't think it is Princess Mononoke enough.

Last edited: