2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 107 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

synteis

Medalist
The three spots do make it so hard. I love Tuktamysheva's skating and her gorgeous jumps but I don't want to see Alina really struggling this year or for none of the past juniors to break through. The three spots do make it so hard. I guess what I hope is that they all get great programs and skate them out as best they can and then let the chips fall.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If she keeps jumping such wonderful triple axels as she did a few days ago, she just might.

I love how she made fun of herself for getting it back after the Olympics too :laugh2:

She’s a sentimental favorite for good reason who can go into absolute beast mode. :bow:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Anyone has a dream team for the three spots the coming season?
If i need to dream, i choose Medvedeva and Pogorilaya for sure. I hope to see again Anna in the battle, because i'm still way more in love with her skating than what the other senior eligible russians has show so far.

For the other spot, the programs can change my likes for the season. Anyway, i'm not the type of follower that hope for other's disgrace, so i expect to see Alina fight for everything, regardless than i'm still not a fan of her. Maybe hope for way different programs then both her FS and EX of the past season can make the dream better :bed:

Good dreams ( season ) for all :agree2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I seriously think a Russian TV show should be created to showcase a competition circuit of senior eligible skaters that don’t make the national team. People seem to tune in to watch that one show which features rising talents....why not take care of and create a place for the clear over abundance of talent. Then we can be like...ISU who? :devil:

russianfan

Match Penalty
kinda late to the party, but if we talk about domination just take a look at who won 100% of gold medals in two recent Olympics individual ladies competitions :agree:

Tulipstar

Medalist
I love how she made fun of herself for getting it back after the Olympics too :laugh2:

She’s a sentimental favorite for good reason who can go into absolute beast mode. :bow:

Last year, I had a glimmer of hope at the start of the season, but unfortunately, it didn't happen.

I now realize I haven't said my own yet:laugh:
So here goes:

-Medvedeva. Yes, she is my favourite skater. I hope to see her get back on top after what was a tough season for her. And I'm looking forward to seeing her own voice more in what she skates to.
-Tuk. I hope she triple axels her way back to the top.
-Gubanova. I didn't watch juniors in the 2016-2017 season and only saw her JGPF performance in the off season last year, but she was already so good. The first junior that made me understand that juniors were not necessarily behind the seniors.

As for the others:
-Alina. She's such a nice girl that I want to see her do well. I know she will probably be part of the three anyway
-Polina. I wouldn't mind if she gets a spot either. Her jumps are amazing!
-Elena. I hope she will not slide further into oblivion.
-Anna P. Not much hope for her, though I'd be very glad if I was wrong.
-Daria and Maria. I'm not really into their skating.
-Stanislava. Unless she gets herself together internationally, I hope someone else gets a chance this time.
-Serafima. I hope she settles down a bit, but can't imagine the coach hopping is a good sign.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This season the top 3 Russians will be Zhenya who has someghing to prove, Alina who has to try to keep her focus and I expect Polina and Masha will battle for the third spot and I hope Gubanova gets in the mix too Pogo and Elena are huge question marks. I hope Anna is healthy.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This season the top 3 Russians will be Zhenya who has someghing to prove, Alina who has to try to keep her focus and I expect Polina and Masha will battle for the third spot and I hope Gubanova gets in the mix too Pogo and Elena are huge question marks. I hope Anna is healthy.

Anna being healthy and content with herself at the moment are for me most important 'prerequisites' to see her competing again, regardless of being successful or not. She needs first to find a balance and stable environment for skating and making those decision having her well-being and desires in first place. I do hope she will grace rink competitively, but I will also respect her decision to stop competing if that is what she feels good for her. If she will return to competition, I just wish for good, understanding people around her, providing her with right kind of motivation and self-power.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Anna being healthy and content with herself at the moment are for me most important 'prerequisites' to see her competing again, regardless of being successful or not. She needs first to find a balance and stable environment for skating and making those decision having her well-being and desires in first place. I do hope she will grace rink competitively, but I will also respect her decision to stop competing if that is what she feels good for her. If she will return to competition, I just wish for good, understanding people around her, providing her with right kind of motivation and self-power.

I agree 100%.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Really hoping Pogo gets back on top, really missed her this season. I’m also very excited to see Sostkova’s new short.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Lol.... Koola King just tried to say that Anya Shcherbakova has a flutz...

Koola back at it again lol now that Zhenya is with BO they need a new target, I suppose. I'm not all that familiar with Shcherbakova's skating, but I don't remember her having a flutz at all? From what I remember from her 4Lz video it was quite prerotated and probably slightly UR too, but I definitely didn't see an edge issue there.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Koola back at it again lol now that Zhenya is with BO they need a new target, I suppose. I'm not all that familiar with Shcherbakova's skating, but I don't remember her having a flutz at all? From what I remember from her 4Lz video it was quite prerotated and probably slightly UR too, but I definitely didn't see an edge issue there.
It wasn't UR.

And no, she doesn't flutz. Although there was one that was pretty close recently. Still, the vast majority of the time it's a reasonable outside edge and I assume it'll just become better next season.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Don't be. Kihira is very inconsistent and since she's not guaranteed any GP, she probably won't get more than 1 (potential NHK host spot) especially since if she lands everything she's a threat, so no one will want to invite her. And with only one GP, she's not going to have the reputation to beat our ladies.